PDA

View Full Version : Anime How did you get into anime?

Jord
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Me I was a gamerscore addict on xbox and bought naruto because I thought it was easy GS I loved it, It had cut secens from the anime and I Loved watching them, So I bought all the DVD's (up to season 3) On dvd (which was 6 DVD's cost like £100 :x Didnt know i could stream it online lool)

buttons
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I got into manga first, saw one of them in a hospital I was at on holiday a few year ago n when we got home I looked in a shop for it and bought the volumes that were released. Their was a website for it on the back so went on it when I got home n the anime was airing so I watched it, I didn't watch anything else after a while till I remembered the manga back in october or so and just started watching more

Niall!
13-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Me I was a gamerscore addict on xbox and bought naruto because I thought it was easy GS I loved it, It had cut secens from the anime and I Loved watching them, So I bought all the DVD's (up to season 3) On dvd (which was 6 DVD's cost like £100 :x Didnt know i could stream it online lool)

You are the worst kind of anime watcher.

Streaming? My god, give me a break. Whoever doesn't download their anime is an idiot. It's insanely better quality plus you can keep them and rewatch them whenever you want.

As for me, Paul got me into Death Note and that was it.

PaulMacC
13-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Chris got me into Death Note and that was it.
@Niall - The only Anime I download is the weekly anime I watch which includes (Bleach, Shippuuden, Pandora Hearts, Dragonball Kai, FMA:Brotherhood and Gintama)
Yes, I finally caught up with Gintama.

Jord
13-07-2009, 02:24 PM

Streaming? My god, give me a break. Whoever doesn't download their anime is an idiot. It's insanely better quality plus you can keep them and rewatch them whenever you want.

Im an idiot because I do not like to wait to download and watch my anime?

Why would you want to waste your harddrive space on 26 odd episodes

Nemo
13-07-2009, 03:13 PM

I dont ever download, simply because my hardrive isnt big enough ;p

Axel
13-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I stream instead of download too... I have a small hard drive space and streaming is a lot faster to watch than waiting for a download.

I got into anime by.... probably Niamh telling me to watch Bleach.

Nemo
13-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I stream instead of download too... I have a small hard drive space and streaming is a lot faster to watch than waiting for a download.

i did? cool.

And oh i forgot to say how i did, i wish i knew, i have no idea. Probaly just starting with the ol' pokemon and DBZ and then recently ummm... i think i was bored once. I happened to stumble upon someone telling me to watch death note, chris me thinks, and then i got into it. i think it was DN anyway.

Neversoft
13-07-2009, 04:13 PM
The cartoons I liked on TV back in the day all happened to be anime shows. Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Digimon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, Ultimate Muscle, etc. I hated pretty much everything else except Teen Titans, which also had a little anime vibe to it. So it's just what I grew up with. I knew what anime was pretty early on and I liked the style and was pretty intrigued by the characters and settings used, so one day I decided to check out an anime called Da Capo and I absolutely loved it. As soon as I finished the first season, I watched the second one and as soon as I finished watching that I watched Utawarerumono, which is when I became a definite fan. :P

So the thing you love so much is now a waste of space?

Utawarerumono was the second anime series I ever watched and also the first I downloaded, so I guess you could say I've been downloading for a while but I only downloaded that because I thought it was a series worth keeping. I actually never used to download my anime because direct downloading was such a long process and my speed was often cut by my ISP because of it, but then I found out about torrents and have been downloading ever since. :P

And oh i forgot to say how i did, i wish i knew, i have no idea. Probaly just starting with the ol' pokemon and DBZ and then recently ummm... i think i was bored once. I happened to stumble upon someone telling me to watch death note, chris me thinks, and then i got into it. i think it was DN anyway.

It would be nice if I got someone into anime but actually you were the one who recommended Death Note to me. You said you liked anime so I was all like "Ahh, watch Utawarerumono" and you was like "Ok if you watch Death Note" :P Also, you sure I introduced you to Death Note, Paul? I don't remember that. :P You sure it wasn't lNiamh?

Niall!
13-07-2009, 07:53 PM
But, stream quality is ****, downloading is superior.. plus you can put them on DVDs.

Nemo
13-07-2009, 08:17 PM
The cartoons I liked on TV back in the day all happened to be anime shows. Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Digimon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, Ultimate Muscle, etc. I hated pretty much everything else except Teen Titans, which also had a little anime vibe to it. So it's just what I grew up with. I knew what anime was pretty early on and I liked the style and was pretty intrigued by the characters and settings used, so one day I decided to check out an anime called Da Capo and I absolutely loved it. As soon as I finished the first season, I watched the second one and as soon as I finished watching that I watched Utawarerumono, which is when I became a definite fan. :P

Utawarerumono was the second anime series I ever watched and also the first I downloaded, so I guess you could say I've been downloading for a while but I only downloaded that because I thought it was a series worth keeping. I actually never used to download my anime because direct downloading was such a long process and my speed was often cut by my ISP because of it, but then I found out about torrents and have been downloading ever since. :P

It would be nice if I got someone into anime but actually you were the one who recommended Death Note to me. You said you liked anime so I was all like "Ahh, watch Utawarerumono" and you was like "Ok if you watch Death Note" :P Also, you sure I introduced you to Death Note, Paul? I don't remember that. :P You sure it wasn't lNiamh?
Really!? Lols. Well ermmmm, i have no idea about it then. Im sure u must have since u love it and i talked to you quite a lot, but guess u didnt then ;p.

Jord
13-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Both Idiot anime watchers!!!

No Because I highly doubt I will rewatch anything that Ive already watched, Id rather watch new stuff rather then repeats so it will be pointless on my computer will take about a week to download then Ill watch it in a week and it will be lying in my videos for the rest of time (or untill I delete it)

Niall!
13-07-2009, 09:35 PM

No Because I highly doubt I will rewatch anything that Ive already watched, Id rather watch new stuff rather then repeats so it will be pointless on my computer will take about a week to download then Ill watch it in a week and it will be lying in my videos for the rest of time (or untill I delete it)

Look those dudes are miles cooler than you ever hope to be.

Nemo
13-07-2009, 09:45 PM
This man does speak some truth in his riddles.

Axel
13-07-2009, 10:17 PM

WOOOOO.

Southe,
13-07-2009, 10:45 PM

Lol, so true i get on at everyone who streams, ill stream and download later if im wanting to watch an episode asap for example.

26 episodes is nothing. unless you have a crappy HD.

Can get 500GB Externals for as little as £50 now. and 1TB for an extra £20. wise investment.

But, stream quality is ****, downloading is superior.. plus you can put them on DVDs.

True tho i cant get it to work on dvds =/ i tried one but it just jittered and played in b & w. and Crunchyroll is quite good streaming.

You stream, Your to lazy to read Subs, You prefer 4kids OP to Funi OP, You Like Naruto Fillers, Im sure people could name a few more so you have no right to call anyone else "Idiot anime watchers" when your probably the top of that group.

As for me,

My first anime would have been Pokemon, i maybe watched the 1st two seasons before i lost intrest in the show, later it was Dragonball Z. Which i remember only watching parts of it mayb until the end of cell before i moved onto wrestling i think it was. My 1st show i watched knowing what anime was, was Naruto, became a Narutard. then got my actogether and started watching other shows like bleach ( Initially saying One Piece was crap and not trying it lol until starting college ) and other series.

So been into anime for about 4 years, but ive been intrested in japan for a few years before game wise. Anyway im trying to find out if im wapanese or not lol.

RandomManJay
13-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I've been into Dragonball Z ever since I can remember, but my interest has only peaked over the past couple of years, since I've started watch Bleach and what not.

Southe,
13-07-2009, 11:15 PM
i dunno if Z was pokemon or not.. cant remember.. either way Z was a good one to start of with.

Nemo
13-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Can get 500GB Externals for as little as £50 now. and 1TB for an extra £20. wise investment.

£50 might not be a lot to you,but i have no source of income except birthdays sooooooooooo im not gonna spend £50 which i could spend on a couple games when i could easily stream (and i have no problem with streaming, it doesnt change anything imo).

Kieeran
13-07-2009, 11:21 PM
i didnt.

Southe,
13-07-2009, 11:32 PM
£50 might not be a lot to you,but i have no source of income except birthdays sooooooooooo im not gonna spend £50 which i could spend on a couple games when i could easily stream (and i have no problem with streaming, it doesnt change anything imo).

Thats why you save up money. sureley you get pocket money or something yes?

Jord
13-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Because I watch Dubs?

Lol, so true i get on at everyone who streams, ill stream and download later if im wanting to watch an episode asap for example.

26 episodes is nothing. unless you have a crappy HD.

True tho i cant get it to work on dvds =/ i tried one but it just jittered and played in b & w. and Crunchyroll is quite good streaming.

You stream, Your to lazy to read Subs, You prefer 4kids OP to Funi OP, You Like Naruto Fillers, Im sure people could name a few more so you have no right to call anyone else "Idiot anime watchers" when your probably the top of that group.

As for me,

My first anime would have been Pokemon, i maybe watched the 1st two seasons before i lost intrest in the show, later it was Dragonball Z. Which i remember only watching parts of it mayb until the end of cell before i moved onto wrestling i think it was. My 1st show i watched knowing what anime was, was Naruto, became a Narutard. then got my actogether and started watching other shows like bleach ( Initially saying One Piece was crap and not trying it lol until starting college ) and other series.

So been into anime for about 4 years, but ive been intrested in japan for a few years before game wise. Anyway im trying to find out if im wapanese or not lol.

I am not to lazy to read subs, I dont like to sit and do nothing for 30 mins I would rather put it in half screen and post on habbox or speak to friends in the mean time while watching stuff. And I did not know there was another type of OP I explained it like 50 times now, Lets do it once more

I make a thread asking for LONG animes (100 EPISODES AND MORE!!1!!)

You suggjest One piece

I say sure ill watch it

I go onto my dub site

click one piece

Oh to my shock there is 116 Dubbed episodes or the other dubbed episodes thats only 36 episodes long which one shall I choose I did want to watch LONG animes

Ill choose the 116 episode one!!!

Once I found out the people who dubbed the 116 episodes stopped the other dubbers done 117 and the voices were weird!

I only wasted 2 odd weeks getting into it and now all there voices are changed!!

And im with niahm (soz if I spelt name wrong :X) I only get money on birthdays and no pocket money how am I ment to buy £70 worth of harddrive space when I got £0 to my name,

buttons
13-07-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't see anything wrong with streaming, who cares if you get better quality with downloading? It takes like forever to download and no point downloading something I might only watch once. There are no such things as idiot anime watchers, we have different preferences so get over it. I only watch shojo anime because *suprise suprise* I'm a girl and it's what I like (and Niall cause he's a queer x), it's not to your tastes I'm sure, does that make me an idiot watcher? I tend to stream, it's faster, easier and does the job, why would I want to waste my harddrive or whatever on downloading when it's as easy as this :S
I don't have a lot of money and when I get it I'm not buying it for a bigger drive just to download anime, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan of it or not if you download it, you should be buying the dvds instead if you're so much better :) Although I agree subs are a lot better you can't decide where he's less of a fan than any of the rest, I think shojo anime too is better but again we all have different opinions. Get over it. I think I've managed to get a friend into anime and I'm downloading as we speak (only for a series I really enjoy) as this has convinced me so much :rolleyes:

Jord
14-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't see anything wrong with streaming, who cares if you get better quality with downloading? It takes like forever to download and no point downloading something I might only watch once. There are no such things as idiot anime watchers, we have different preferences so get over it. I only watch shojo anime because *suprise suprise* I'm a girl and it's what I like (and Niall cause he's a queer x), it's not to your tastes I'm sure, does that make me an idiot watcher? I tend to stream, it's faster, easier and does the job, why would I want to waste my harddrive or whatever on downloading when it's as easy as this :S
I don't have a lot of money and when I get it I'm not buying it for a bigger drive just to download anime, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan of it or not if you download it, you should be buying the dvds instead if you're so much better :) Although I agree subs are a lot better you can't decide where he's less of a fan than any of the rest, I think shojo anime too is better but again we all have different opinions. Get over it. I think I've managed to get a friend into anime and I'm downloading as we speak (only for a series I really enjoy) as this has convinced me so much :rolleyes:

Well put!

If its judged on how much you've watched some people have watched like 5 anime and are trying to say im less of a fan or there better than me because I watched dubs

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I recommended the whole forum is Bleach, I am the winner in this case.
I actually cant remember who recommended Death Note too me but I do remmeber it was someone from this forum, probably either Chris, Niamh or Niall because one of them had an awesome signature of Death Note and I was like omg.
@Jord - The thing that pisses me off about dubs is that for me, it takes away the comedic factor, action factor and much more. America treats Anime like a kids cartoon and censors the hell out of it, takes away a lot of the blood, gore, swearing and humour to make it suitable for the younger american audience because once again american thinks it's a cartoon and not an adults cartoon.

Jord
14-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Yes well they do put action and comedy and blood and gore in them but ones like that got popular like DBZ And yu-gi-oh was BIG in uk so I think they were in US also so thats why people think its for kids all the playing cards and stuff,

I get pissed off because I make a simple thread asking for something like long anime and the replys I get are "something - Oh wait not dubbed" same with yahoo awnsers I ask for dubbed anime they give me links to subs,

Niall!
14-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I love that stuff jen, but lack any series.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Break this one down

I am not to lazy to read subs, I dont like to sit and do nothing for 30 mins I would rather put it in half screen and post on habbox or speak to friends in the mean time while watching stuff.

So how come i can watch and chat at the same time? and so can other people. it isnt exactly hard. Its called multi-tasking.

And I did not know there was another type of OP I explained it like 50 times now, Lets do it once more

I make a thread asking for LONG animes (100 EPISODES AND MORE!!1!!)

Oh to my shock there is 116 Dubbed episodes or the other dubbed episodes thats only 36 episodes long which one shall I choose I did want to watch LONG animes

Ill choose the 116 episode one!!!

Should of watched the SUB then seeing as thats the only version thats UNCUT. Like i dont have a problem with you watching black cat and.. DGM because funimation dosent cut anything out of it the only things are the voices, The 4kids versions of any shows especially One Piece are just plain terrible. Could have easily watched the 1st eps in Sub then changed to funi which had the next season taking you up to 200.

Once I found out the people who dubbed the 116 episodes stopped the other dubbers done 117 and the voices were weird!

I only wasted 2 odd weeks getting into it and now all there voices are changed!!

Plus how can you say the voices are wierd? only decent one was Zoro. Sanji sounded like a ******, Ussop was wierd version of Sonic, Luffy sounded like a 10 year old..

And im with niahm (soz if I spelt name wrong :X) I only get money on birthdays and no pocket money how am I ment to buy £70 worth of harddrive space when I got £0 to my name,

You can make your own externals for even less.., Birthdays, Christmas, Save up your pocket money, If your 15/16 Get a job.

Because you just can't beat watching a show in HD quality or DVD, But i stream Gintama but thats a HD stream done by a proffesional site, Some people like to watch series over again at some point, And downloads dont take that long takes 10 mins for a new ep of Naruto,FMA,OP to download. other series may take like 20 mins. I do buy dvds, But some series will never be released so thats why downloading it useful.

And its not just about him watching dubs. well for me anyway.

Well put!

If its judged on how much you've watched some people have watched like 5 anime and are trying to say im less of a fan or there better than me because I watched dubs

No ones judging anything about the number of animes you watch.

Yes well they do put action and comedy and blood and gore in them but ones like that got popular like DBZ And yu-gi-oh was BIG in uk so I think they were in US also so thats why people think its for kids all the playing cards and stuff,

I get pissed off because I make a simple thread asking for something like long anime and the replys I get are "something - Oh wait not dubbed" same with yahoo awnsers I ask for dubbed anime they give me links to subs,

DBZ = Funimation
Yu gi oh = 4kids. So that would have been edited to ****

To get a show on a channel like cartoon network they do have to cut most the violence out. but like naruto you get Uncut dvds. 4kids you dont get that option. They take it r**e it and slap it on dvds with no uncut or sub option. So america thinking anime is for kids int exactly true its just 4kids evryone else gives you uncut when they get to dvd. So i have to download Sonic x and the F-Zero anime.

Jord
14-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Break this one down

So how come i can watch and chat at the same time? and so can other people. it isnt exactly hard. Its called multi-tasking.

Should of watched the SUB then seeing as thats the only version thats UNCUT. Like i dont have a problem with you watching black cat and.. DGM because funimation dosent cut anything out of it the only things are the voices, The 4kids versions of any shows especially One Piece are just plain terrible. Could have easily watched the 1st eps in Sub then changed to funi which had the next season taking you up to 200.

Plus how can you say the voices are wierd? only decent one was Zoro. Sanji sounded like a ******, Ussop was wierd version of Sonic, Luffy sounded like a 10 year old..

You can make your own externals for even less.., Birthdays, Christmas, Save up your pocket money, If your 15/16 Get a job.

Because you just can't beat watching a show in HD quality or DVD, But i stream Gintama but thats a HD stream done by a proffesional site, Some people like to watch series over again at some point, And downloads dont take that long takes 10 mins for a new ep of Naruto,FMA,OP to download. other series may take like 20 mins. I do buy dvds, But some series will never be released so thats why downloading it useful.

And its not just about him watching dubs. well for me anyway.

No ones judging anything about the number of animes you watch.

DBZ = Funimation
Yu gi oh = 4kids. So that would have been edited to ****

To get a show on a channel like cartoon network they do have to cut most the violence out. but like naruto you get Uncut dvds. 4kids you dont get that option. They take it r**e it and slap it on dvds with no uncut or sub option. So america thinking anime is for kids int exactly true its just 4kids evryone else gives you uncut when they get to dvd. So i have to download Sonic x and the F-Zero anime.

There voices were weird for the characters I ment, I got used to sanji having a very post voice, Then in fumation he sounds like a proper american

Nemo
14-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Thats why you save up money. sureley you get pocket money or something yes?
Like i said, no source of income = no pocket money. :p Slightly too young for a job and even if i did, i really wouldnt download anime because;
a) My connection sucks and would take forever to download the billions of anime that we've all watched.
b) The only anime ive watched twice is FMA + utawa, so i dont usually.
c) Id rather spend me cash on a 360 game.

Trust me, you wont ever get me downloading an anime, unless thats the only way i could possibly watch it.

Axel
14-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow, apparently I'm a bad anime watcher because I've only watched 5 animes now.... quality over quantity I say.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Like i said, no source of income = no pocket money. :p Slightly too young for a job and even if i did, i really wouldnt download anime because;
a) My connection sucks and would take forever to download the billions of anime that we've all watched.

Trust me, you wont ever get me downloading an anime, unless thats the only way i could possibly watch it.

o well lol, When i get mine ill be using for music aswell tho so it has other uses.

Jord
14-07-2009, 11:19 AM

Same here,

Wow, apparently I'm a bad anime watcher because I've only watched 5 animes now.... quality over quantity I say.

You've countlessly called me a bad anime watcher, When you've watched like 5 lol. Just like you said, Ive watched the same stuff as you apart from FMA BB (Or w.e its called now)

Niall!
14-07-2009, 11:21 AM
You have no right to call him a bad anime watcher because you're so stupid you can't even read subtitles and concentrate on animation the same time.

Jord
14-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes I cannot read, Ive only been on this forum 3 years and still I dont know how to read :( Or spell!

Lord strike me down now! I can only watch dubs because of my lask of reading skills :(

and at Ryuzaki

You said you can watch subs and do other stuff, Bit pointless considering it is subtitles and unless you have a lazy eye that lets you see the other side of the screen I doubt you watch the hole episodes

Southe,
14-07-2009, 12:22 PM
no... i can read a line of subs in like a second or two. =/ something you get good at with practice and watching subs alot. and most the time im just concentrating on the anime itself. and im sure alot fo other people on here can do the same.

Nemo
14-07-2009, 01:04 PM
no... i can read a line of subs in like a second or two. =/ something you get good at with practice and watching subs alot. and most the time im just concentrating on the anime itself. and im sure alot fo other people on here can do the same.
i kinda get into a... whats the word, kind of a trance. If i think about what i watched, ill think of it in english even though i was watching it wiv subs. Weird but ya.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 01:09 PM
happens to me sometimes aswell im sure ive heard it in english but i havent lol

Axel
14-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Same here,

You've countlessly called me a bad anime watcher, When you've watched like 5 lol. Just like you said, Ive watched the same stuff as you apart from FMA BB (Or w.e its called now)

So I have to watch a lot of anime to be a good anime watcher? This isn't ******* Pokemon cards or something. All I've said is you're silly for thinking the Bleach dub and One Piece dub are good.... hey, I watch dubs sometimes too... I watched Cowboy Bebop dubbed... even Death Note dub, some people say that's pretty bad but I didn't mind it. I don't intend to be a 'good anime watcher', I watch a few animes that people recommend to me and I think I look good, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on anything.

I also think Naruto looks terrible... especially the dub. Shoot me down if you like.

Jord
14-07-2009, 05:54 PM
So I have to watch a lot of anime to be a good anime watcher? This isn't ******* Pokemon cards or something. All I've said is you're silly for thinking the Bleach dub and One Piece dub are good.... hey, I watch dubs sometimes too... I watched Cowboy Bebop dubbed... even Death Note dub, some people say that's pretty bad but I didn't mind it. I don't intend to be a 'good anime watcher', I watch a few animes that people recommend to me and I think I look good, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on anything.

I also think Naruto looks terrible... especially the dub. Shoot me down if you like.

Naruto is awesome

Nemo
14-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Naruto is awesome
Opinions are opinions.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Filler Hell, Shippuuden was a let down, More annoying fillers.

And now the manga is starting to get dull. its past its prime. kishi should think about rapping it up or doing something awesome.

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I hope they make Naruto die in the last episode.
It would be awesome and so many fanboy/girls would cry.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 10:27 PM
lol nah they will make him become hokage any bets. every other theory has been predicted like Madara/4th/Itachi/etc

hes ran out of ideas. and didnt someone say Tite was becominf dull in bleach?

Niall!
15-07-2009, 12:11 PM
lol nah they will make him become hokage any bets. every other theory has been predicted like Madara/4th/Itachi/etc

hes ran out of ideas. and didnt someone say Tite was becominf dull in bleach?

His character designs are getting worse, now he's just copying DBZ.

The only person I'm wondering about it Wonderweiss.

Have you seen this weeks chapter?

Axel
15-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Yes... can't wait for the upcoming chapter. Should be getting pretty good.

LoveToStack
18-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I used to watch a lot of Kung Fu movies with my dad when I was younger so I was comfortable with subtitles as well as interested in that sort of thing. We also watched Ghost in the Shell and Akira regularly, though I didn't understand them much being young at the time :P. I also watched DBZ as a kid familiarizing myself with the style.
It wasn't actually until years later when I saw a group on habbo centered around Death Note that I actually got into it, looking around for different anime which captured my interest. I'm not that into it, I don't watch everything for the sake of it, only that which interests me and I'm not bothered if something I watch doesn't suit anyone else because when you get down to it it should be about whether you enjoy it or not, not whether you fit in watching it. With regards to that I am glad that I got into it and have watched what I have as they have been good experiences :)

Neversoft
18-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Your dad is cool.

LoveToStack
18-07-2009, 03:30 PM
True that. I showed him Sword and the Stranger and he was impressed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!