PDA

View Full Version : Girl and Doctor die of Swine flu

efq
13-07-2009, 03:27 PM
A six-year-old girl and a GP have become the latest people to die of swine flu - taking the number of UK deaths to 17.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Jul/Week2/15337073.jpg Chloe Buckley was a pupil at St Catherine's School in West Drayton

Chloe Buckley, from north west London, died on Thursday at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington.
She was a pupil at St Catherine's School in West Drayton, north west London.
Headteacher Sara Benn said: "It is impossible to put into words the sorrow that the whole school feels in such tragic circumstances.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Apr/Week4/15270642.jpg (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Topic-Pages/Swine-Flu)

"Chloe was a bright and tenacious student with a keen interest in sports.
"She will be missed by her fellow pupils and her teachers at the school. Our thoughts are with her parents and family at this time."
A post-mortem examination will be carried out to determine if she had any underlying health conditions.
Bedfordshire GP Dr Michael Day died on Saturday in the Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
A swab test taken at the hospital confirmed him as being positive for the H1N1 Swine Flu virus.
The exact cause of death in this case is still unknown.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Jul/Week2/15337011.jpg Dr Michael Day

Dr Paul Hassan, senior partner at Priory Gardens Health Centre, said: "This news has come as such a shock to us all and we are completely devastated."
The latest deaths come after the first British patient without underlying health problems died on Friday after contracting swine flu.
The patient, from Essex, died in Basildon.
Nearly 10,000 Britons have been confirmed with swine flu after it spread to the UK from Mexico.
However, hundreds of thousands more people in the UK are thought to have the virus.
The total number of cases in the country are now being estimated rather than counted individually.
The UK has the third highest case total in the world after Mexico, which has 10,262 cases, and the US, which has at least 33,902.

God, lets hope they both had underlying health problems but I find that hard to believe in a doctor.
We can't start losing doctors now.

Also there was another article about 3 people who had the virus that had mutated and had become immune to the anti-viral 'Tamiflu' but have said they have isolated the virus from anyone else.

Wahey
13-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Heard about this

Well the doctor is old and the girl was young, so i don't think it's too threatening atm

-:Undertaker:-
13-07-2009, 03:30 PM
The girl didn't have underlying health problems it said on Sky News just then, I doubt the Doctor did either if he was still working at the time. It does make me worry, because as colder weather will approach within a few months the virus could become much stronger and deadly.

efq
13-07-2009, 03:31 PM
The girl didn't have underlying health problems it said on Sky News just then, I doubt the Doctor did either if he was still working at the time. It does make me worry, because as colder weather will approach within a few months the virus could become much stronger and deadly.
Being why they are trying to get everyone in the UK vaccinated ASAP.

myke
13-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok. That's just freaky. That doctor is like... near me :|

PANICKING IRL HERE.

it's ok.

i have my anti bacterial handwash which i've had for lyk 3 yrs in ma pocket (H)

shame they had to die :( well. didn't have to. you get me

Wahey
13-07-2009, 03:48 PM
She was six...? He was old?
Obviously they're going to have a higher chance of dying from Swine Flu

Sammeth.
13-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh man, it won't be long till we're all dead now. We had a good run I guess.

Absently
13-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't think six is that young? It'd be different if she was a baby o.o

whups

Wahey
13-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Six is still quite young

LuketheDuke
13-07-2009, 04:36 PM
In some ways I kinda hope I catch a mild form of it now and get it out of the way, as its getting a bit spooky now.

Still, the press are going to start milking this pandemic so I shall take whats reported with a pinch of salt.

alexxxxx
13-07-2009, 04:58 PM
it's a little bit worrying now that people who were healthy have died.

Wahey
13-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't get worried just yet, i'm pretty sure it's been children and the elderly who have only died so far who haven't had any other illnesses

Plank
13-07-2009, 05:09 PM
On Sky News they're saying the girl had no underlying health problems, and she died within hours of complaining of a sore throat :(

RIP

efq
13-07-2009, 05:25 PM
On Sky News they're saying the girl had no underlying health problems, and she died within hours of complaining of a sore throat :(

RIP
See thats worrying. If you can die within hours of catching it.

syko2006
13-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Bearing in mind that 150,000 people die a year due to regula influenza, but that's still quite worrying.

efq
13-07-2009, 05:37 PM
150,000 a year. They predict 100,000 a day catching it during August. I hope it doesn't get bad but its impossible to contain though.

Wahey
13-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Half expecting people in my family to catch it

efq
13-07-2009, 05:54 PM
It's like garenteened you will know someone who has/will get it in the future

Sammeth.
13-07-2009, 05:56 PM
See thats worrying. If you can die within hours of catching it.

She didn't die within hours of catching it.

lick
13-07-2009, 06:05 PM
**** were all doomed!!!

omg i read in the paper they want parents to have swine flu parties to get it over and done with :|

Wahey
13-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Which paper Graham lol

Caution
13-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Lmao I read something about that as well saying the governments telling parents not to.

alexxxxx
13-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Bearing in mind that 150,000 people die a year due to regula influenza, but that's still quite worrying.
is that just for the UK or world wide?

Wahey
13-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Worldwide ofcourse or Europe

alexxxxx
13-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I was thinking that was a crazy number for UK

Wahey
13-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Near enough 1/10 would be dead lol

Jordan3606
14-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I had swine flu a couple of weeks ago after my school came down with it, personally I think everything has been blown out of proportion and it is nothing to worry about. Hundreds of thousands of people die from normal Flu every year, this is no different, surely? When I had it, I took the Tamiflu medicine and was better within 5 days.

Whilst its sad that these 2 people have died, I dont see it as any reason to start panicing.

Shall we start reporting every death of Flu to the media? No, didnt think so :p

efq
14-07-2009, 04:37 PM
No but the normal flu isn't predicted to spread 100,000 a day, in JUST the UK. Not counting worldwide.
The NHS said they already can't handle the situation, so this wouldn't help other people in Hospitals with other stuff than Swine Flu.

efq
14-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Also the Swine Flu gives you a high risk of developing viral pneumonia. It can weaken your immune system so you could die of the simplest of bacteria. Also eruptioning cells in the lungs causing serious breathing and another I forgot.

ToxicPaddy
14-07-2009, 05:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8150527.stm

Post mortem says doctor died of natural causes, not swine flu.

Disaronno
14-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I have a sore throat and a small cough. Dont really care if i get it or not. If i die i cant help that really can i?

My old school had it, the girl i know had it lol. She just stayed away from school and is fine now. If i feel bad i will ring doctors, but ah well.

End of the day the reason why so many papers and press talk about it is because that and death of MJ are really the only things they can talk about. Without them, nobody would buy papers.
Its physcological all this. People get flu in the summer, winter, autumn and spring. People get sore throats for no reason and headaches whenever, and people are just worrying about it to much. If i get flu like symptoms i will get the pill... if not if i only have a cough and sore throat i will just get on with it.

Jack.Lfc
14-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I had swine flu a couple of weeks ago after my school came down with it, personally I think everything has been blown out of proportion and it is nothing to worry about. Hundreds of thousands of people die from normal Flu every year, this is no different, surely? When I had it, I took the Tamiflu medicine and was better within 5 days.

Whilst its sad that these 2 people have died, I dont see it as any reason to start panicing.

Shall we start reporting every death of Flu to the media? No, didnt think so :p

How did u first realise u had it, like wa apnd?

Its going round are school and im starting to think i have it :/

efq
15-07-2009, 06:32 AM
The chances you would or will have it in the next month are at high risks. Also 1 in 200 of every case in the UK are at high risk of dieing.

cocaine
15-07-2009, 07:51 AM
voiding all i see you do on in this forum is go around in threads like these shouting about how we're all going to catch it and die.

jesus lol. plenty of people have recovered from it :|

myke
15-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Really hating to burst anyones bubble here... but it's been confirmed the doctor didn't die from swine flu.
He had it, but that didn't cause him to die... :)

*puts my needle back in my pocket*

Finished bursting your panic bubbles :)

efq
15-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Really hating to burst anyones bubble here... but it's been confirmed the doctor didn't die from swine flu.
He had it, but that didn't cause him to die... :)

*puts my needle back in my pocket*

Finished bursting your panic bubbles :)
Lol, we knew that if you thread through the whole thread.

cocaine: I only go on about it because it is told to me

user130523
15-07-2009, 05:12 PM
what a shame :(

i think i had it tho :o

efq
17-07-2009, 06:39 AM
6 year old boy who had no underlying health problems and was very heathy has died from swine flu and also Tony Blair (Ex-Prime Minister) wife Cherie Blair has caught Swine Flu and is resting at home.

PaulMacC
17-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh well, what can you do.
Take it as it comes and hope for the best.

efq
17-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh well, what can you do.
Take it as it comes and hope for the best.
Hide in a contained and sealed room from the outside world and grow your own food :D?

GommeInc
17-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Technically speaking, pneumonia is possibly one of the worlds most glorified killers, everyone pretty much has/would have it on their death certificate. Loads of people who have had swine flu and died of it have had that mentioned a few times, but no-one seems to realise pneumonia needs to come from somewhere to kill someone, it doesn't appear on its own :/

Anyway, I only care about what they call swine flu, it's a virus more than disease and that's all I ever care about with swine flu. I hate scare mongering.

ifuseekamy
17-07-2009, 02:58 PM
It's evolution. If people weren't dying every second from disease the world would be quickly overpopulated and the gene pool wouldn't progress.

Catchy
17-07-2009, 04:50 PM
good :)

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make inappropriate remarks that could offend others and contribute nothing to the thread. Thanks

Accipiter
17-07-2009, 05:26 PM
My cousin thinks he has it, seeing as his room mate has it -.- His parents are on holiday and he hasn't got a clue what to do.

Southside5050
17-07-2009, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Voiding;5908237]God, lets hope they both had underlying health problems but I find that hard to believe in a doctor.
We can't start losing doctors now.

Also there was another article about 3 people who had the virus that had mutated and had become immune to the anti-viral 'Tamiflu' but have said they have isolated the virus from anyone else.[/QUOTe

Sad. My mum did tell me though that Garlic in some disgusting sauce will help protect to for getting swine flu. Ugghhh. Its disgusting.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!