PDA

View Full Version : Champions' League, who's going to get far?

alexxxxx
13-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I fully expect there to be an English team at least in the Semis this year, but I think Spain's going to dominate this years tournament, with Real Madrid signing a great warchest of players and Barca being a strong side already. I don't think Italy is going to challenge much this year, with AC Milan running into fianacial difficulties, Inter not making any big signings either. German sides and French sides are also faltering at the moment, with Germany and France failing to get anywhere last season, nor winning anything in the UEFA Cup. Is there going to be a suprise this season or will it be a Ango-Spain dominated competition this year?

CHA!NGANG
13-07-2009, 07:05 PM
It will be Madrid, Barcalona, Liverpool and Man U in the semis, and this is coming from an Arsenal fan :) Madrid - Barca final ftw!

Wootzeh
13-07-2009, 07:09 PM
dont care.

hope its barce n madrid

alexxxxx
13-07-2009, 07:18 PM
i actually prefer watching champs league to premier league as I find the quality of football is much better. is that odd?

CHA!NGANG
13-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Not really as it makes sence seeing as it's the top 4 or less teams from each division playing each other so the quality is bound to be better.

Jack.Lfc
14-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I can see man city winning it.

CHA!NGANG
14-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Man City aren't in it...

Immenseman
14-07-2009, 04:30 PM
United will win, I reckon. Owen scoring the winner, a header after a cross from Valencia.

Geraint
14-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Liverpool will get far, they always do.

Immenseman
14-07-2009, 04:31 PM
yeah, they usually do well. shame they can't do it in the PL. competition is always good.

-Heart
16-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Man City aren't in it...
Oh you poor poor soul :(.

Anyway, Wolfsburg to SHOCK them all and win it please.

CHA!NGANG
16-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I can see man city winning it.

Oh you poor poor soul :(.

Anyway, Wolfsburg to SHOCK them all and win it please.

Yes I know he was being sarcastic i'm not stupid but it was a bit pointless.

EDIT: Never mind the second bit, found it out.

Disaronno
16-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry but just because Inter havent made any big signings doesnt mean they wont challange. Burnley beat chelsea and arsenal next year.... are they big players, no.

Real madrid could do "a chelsea" and buy superstars and not do anything.

Barca are a strong team so they may or may not go to far, depends on who they have in group stages. They have made no changes since last season and could find their tactics of last season stopped by teams looking at them last year. United have lost 2 good players and other teams will know they have lost a big threat in ronaldo and go out attacking more. Cant decide about Arsenal. Chelsea could make it interesting, if only they didnt have so many injury problems and L'pool, cant see it this year either. Not consistent enough to wni anything, for the last 4 seasons.

Cant forget Munich if they are in it, i dont know but they are a good squad. AC Milan are good enough without Kaka, and Inter are good but not amazing.... other teams like Lyon if they are in it and other such teams have a chance, wether they make no signings or not. Dont base a judgement like the CL on big signings

StefanWolves
16-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Liverpool for CL and PL this year. ;)

-Heart
16-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Liverpool for CL and PL this year. ;)
Implement?

StefanWolves
16-07-2009, 10:01 PM
What? :S

15char

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!