PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pins and Needles Feeling

RandomManJay
13-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I've had this for as long as I can really remember, its like I have pins and needles in my right hand and arm, but it isn't like full on, just when I move my hand it tingles like when you feel it wearing off, also it last a hell of a lot longer than it usually should (like all day). I only have it in my right hand and arm, never my left, I think it might have something to do with my burning my hand when I as 6 but can't be sure. I was going to go to the doctors about it, but I don't see any reason to since its doesn't hurt, just annoying.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had this and if they know of any way to stop it.

Wahey
13-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I've had it, just keep the arm active etc, you'll eventually grow out of it

Nemo
13-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Perhaps just poor blood circulation?

lick
14-07-2009, 01:23 AM
I love it, i always sit on my arm and wait to get it.. ha

Arch
14-07-2009, 01:32 AM
just move your arm around and dont keep it in 1 postion for along time

Kieeran
14-07-2009, 02:30 AM
I've had this for as long as I can really remember, its like I have pins and needles in my right hand and arm, but it isn't like full on, just when I move my hand it tingles like when you feel it wearing off, also it last a hell of a lot longer than it usually should (like all day). I only have it in my right hand and arm, never my left, I think it might have something to do with my burning my hand when I as 6 but can't be sure. I was going to go to the doctors about it, but I don't see any reason to since its doesn't hurt, just annoying.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had this and if they know of any way to stop it.
This might sound over the top, but if youve had any recent infections or virus which wouldve made your immune system low, you couldve contracted a rare condition called GHB (something like that anyway) and 1 of the symptoms is pins and needles, its a gradual slow condition which makes your immune system eat away at itself and can lead to paralysis.

So yeah, if this started after recovering from an infection go check it out

sounds over the top but you never know,

RandomManJay
14-07-2009, 08:18 AM
This might sound over the top, but if youve had any recent infections or virus which wouldve made your immune system low, you couldve contracted a rare condition called GHB (something like that anyway) and 1 of the symptoms is pins and needles, its a gradual slow condition which makes your immune system eat away at itself and can lead to paralysis.

So yeah, if this started after recovering from an infection go check it out

sounds over the top but you never know,

Nah, I haven't had an infection in over a year and I've had it for about 12-13 years, I don't think I had an infection around when it started either, but I can't really remember :P. I know what you're talking about though, it's similar to a viral infection during preganancy, but occurs when the immune system is weakened or too busy fighting off an already present virus.

Wahey
14-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Try hot water or cold water, pretty sure it'll help

flatface
14-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Pins and needles anywhere can mean a lot of things, most commonly bad blood circulation or if your surrounding temperature changes rapidly. You've said it may be due to a burn you had, which could mean you have some kind of nerve damage. Just because you're in no pain it doesn't mean you shouldn't get it checked out... I strongly advise you go to your GP.

RandomManJay
14-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Pins and needles anywhere can mean a lot of things, most commonly bad blood circulation or if your surrounding temperature changes rapidly. You've said it may be due to a burn you had, which could mean you have some kind of nerve damage. Just because you're in no pain it doesn't mean you shouldn't get it checked out... I strongly advise you go to your GP.

I do feel pain in my hand which is why I don't think its particularly serious, but I'll see when I can go to the doctors :P.

flatface
14-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I do feel pain in my hand which is why I don't think its particularly serious, but I'll see when I can go to the doctors :P.

That would be best - Just to get it checked out :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!