PDA

View Full Version : old msn

lick
13-07-2009, 11:57 PM
anyone have download link?

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Thread closed because of trolling and subject of thread completely went off -topic.

Kieran
13-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Which version?

lick
14-07-2009, 12:08 AM
the one before this **** crap one

Stephen!
14-07-2009, 01:10 AM
8.5 I presume.

http://www.tafreeh.net/msn/Install_WLMessenger.exe

lick
14-07-2009, 01:27 AM
yeah thanks +rep

The Professor
14-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I hate it when I'm speaking to someone using and old version and try to use one of the features that doesn't work :( People are too resistant to change tbh.

Arron
14-07-2009, 03:41 PM
7.5 version was a beast

link to that one please?

Stephen!
14-07-2009, 03:50 PM
http://files3.brothersoft.com/MSN-Messenger-7.5.0324.exe

HotelUser
14-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I hate it when I'm speaking to someone using and old version and try to use one of the features that doesn't work :( People are too resistant to change tbh.

Maybe they don't want to change because the new version sucks?

Microsoft should stop messing with a good thing;).

Jordy
14-07-2009, 03:57 PM

Microsoft should stop messing with a good thing;).People should stop complaining about a good thing with a few interface changes which hardly make any difference.

lick
14-07-2009, 04:07 PM
i only want it because i cant send single cam invites, the new one only allows videocalls and it dont always work

HotelUser
14-07-2009, 04:08 PM
People should stop complaining about a good thing with a few interface changes which hardly make any difference.

Perhaps you shouldn't tell people what they should be using? If Mwa wants to use the old version because that's what he prefers, then who are you to tell him he cant?

Just because changes don't make a difference to you, doesn't mean they don't mean anything to someone else:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

ElliottThompson
14-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I thought msn stopped supporting old versions of msn if it isnt windows live?
My old version of MSN rejects me when I try to sign in and then redirects me to a Windows Live Messenger dl page :(

cocaine
14-07-2009, 04:32 PM
People should stop complaining about a good thing with a few interface changes which hardly make any difference.

microsoft should stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

HotelUser
14-07-2009, 05:35 PM
microsoft should stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Well said, +rep.

The Professor
14-07-2009, 07:47 PM

How does the new version suck? I haven't found anything at all to complain about so it'd be interesting to hear what you've found :)

And to mwah, you can send single webcam invites, you click the webcam logo next to the dp and there's the option to just view the webcam :)

Recursion
15-07-2009, 07:39 AM

I've always kept up to date with MSN/WLM, they have only made it better and better, not their fault people run it on ****** specs.

HotelUser
15-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I've always kept up to date with MSN/WLM, they have only made it better and better, not their fault people run it on ****** specs.

I see you're assuming that ANYONE who dislikes WLM "obviously has a terrible computer that can't run it!!!!1111".

Your opinion is not the law. Not everyone's going to like WLM, not everyone's going to like Windows, not everyone's going to like OSX. Get over it;).

Jordy
15-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't tell people what they should be using? If Mwa wants to use the old version because that's what he prefers, then who are you to tell him he cant?

Just because changes don't make a difference to you, doesn't mean they don't mean anything to someone else:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wallI haven't said that though have I, your just twisting my words? I've used older versions of MSN in the past when they weren't the current version as for some reason I couldn't sign in on the then-current version, if there is a technical problem I'm all for using older versions of MSN.

The changes hardly make any difference and nor do they to anyone else, it's just people rejecting change, none of you have even managed to explain why you don't like the current changes so it's quite blatant your just scared of change.

It's also blatant you're scared of everything Microsoft has released since Vista so there's little point me arguing with you on here but I will continue to make a tool of you. You have good fun with Windows Messenger and MSN 7 on your Windows XP computer.

HotelUser
15-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I haven't said that though have I, your just twisting my words? I've used older versions of MSN in the past when they weren't the current version as for some reason I couldn't sign in on the then-current version, if there is a technical problem I'm all for using older versions of MSN.

The changes hardly make any difference and nor do they to anyone else, it's just people rejecting change, none of you have even managed to explain why you don't like the current changes so it's quite blatant your just scared of change.

It's also blatant you're scared of everything Microsoft has released since Vista so there's little point me arguing with you on here but I will continue to make a tool of you. You have good fun with Windows Messenger and MSN 7 on your Windows XP computer.

Yeah, I'm so scared of change that I went from using Windows my entire life to walking out one day and coming home with an iMac. Because we all know OSX and Windows is like the exact same, right;)?

And if XP is so out dated then why is Microsoft including it in Windows 7? Windows 98 is outdated, Windows XP is just awesome:D.

xPrecedent
15-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Windows XP isn't outdated, MSN Messenger is.

Recursion
15-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Windows XP isn't outdated, MSN Messenger is.

Wrong, something is outdated when it has been replaced by a new product IMO, which it has now.. by two versions (Vista and 7) and two expansion packs (Vista SP1, SP2).

xPrecedent
15-07-2009, 03:56 PM
XP is still used around the world, it's still needed by companies and businesses. Businesses, schools etc choose XP over Vista. It's not completley outdated/obsolete.

How can you tell me I'm wrong then follow it by "in your opinion"?

Jordy
15-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I'm so scared of change that I went from using Windows my entire life to walking out one day and coming home with an iMac. Because we all know OSX and Windows is like the exact same, right;)?

And if XP is so out dated then why is Microsoft including it in Windows 7? Windows 98 is outdated, Windows XP is just awesome:D.Because clearly there is a few people out there like yourself and because greedy hardware and software and companies cannot be bothered to upgrade their software and drivers beyond Windows XP as they'd rather you rebought whatever it was, and in turn they gave Vista a bad name as it's incompatible with certain things. HP is an excellent example of this, very few of their printers got drivers when Vista was released, instead they released a new range specifically for Vista.

Windows XP was awesome. Windows Vista + Windows 7 are awesome.

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2009, 04:10 PM
The trolls in this thread make me giggle. IMO there is nothing wrong with the new 'Windows Live Messenger' I have always kept updated with the new versions and to be honest, I think Microsoft have done a great job. :)

xPrecedent
15-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Because clearly there is a few people out there like yourself and because greedy hardware and software and companies cannot be bothered to upgrade their software and drivers beyond Windows XP as they'd rather you rebought whatever it was, and in turn they gave Vista a bad name as it's incompatible with certain things. HP is an excellent example of this, very few of their printers got drivers when Vista was released, instead they released a new range specifically for Vista.

Windows XP is awesome, Windows Vista is crap, Windows 7 is awesome.

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Why the hell has this thread moved from "Msn" to the operating system :S

HotelUser
15-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Because clearly there is a few people out there like yourself and because greedy hardware and software and companies cannot be bothered to upgrade their software and drivers beyond Windows XP as they'd rather you rebought whatever it was, and in turn they gave Vista a bad name as it's incompatible with certain things. HP is an excellent example of this, very few of their printers got drivers when Vista was released, instead they released a new range specifically for Vista.

True manufactures can be blamed to an extent, but I'm not blaming the Vista situation on them entirely.

Windows XP is awesome. Windows Vista is crap in executable form. Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.

Curious isn't it?

The Professor
15-07-2009, 04:20 PM

Because HotelUser is part of the conversation :P You obviously don't look around here as much as you used to!

I'd love to get stuck into the argument but its far more entertaining watching from the sidelines. Personally I'd prefer Jordy to win but I'll be happy if it goes the distance and ends up a draw :D

Recursion
15-07-2009, 04:25 PM
No, it IS the vendor's fault, I use Vista on a day to day basis on my own computer (and tablet actually) and I have only had the BSODs when the VENDOR (Realtek/ASUS) didn't update their drivers to work with Vista.

Vista was awful because of greedy hardware VENDORS wanting to make more money. It is now sorted and IMO Vista isn't as good as Windows 7, but it was a huge leap in the right direction.

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Because HotelUser is part of the conversation :P You obviously don't look around here as much as you used to!

I'd love to get stuck into the argument but its far more entertaining watching from the sidelines. Personally I'd prefer Jordy to win but I'll be happy if it goes the distance and ends up a draw :D

Haha. Oh don't worry, we all know what HotelUser is like. ;)

HotelUser
15-07-2009, 04:37 PM

To be fair, I wasn't the first, nor the only user in this thread to make a comment that could spark an operating system discussion:

Familiar name, no:P?

No, it IS the vendor's fault, I use Vista on a day to day basis on my own computer (and tablet actually) and I have only had the BSODs when the VENDOR (Realtek/ASUS) didn't update their drivers to work with Vista.
Lets look at driver issues for a moment, sure vendors should be making functional drivers for the operating system they're shipping with, but Microsoft didn't exactly look into the driver situation, either. Microsoft could have gone to hardware manufactures and helped them with drivers. They could of made sure that the drivers shipping with their product worked with their product, but they didn't. The Vista driver failure was a joint effort.

Vista was awful because of greedy hardware VENDORS wanting to make more money. It is now sorted and IMO Vista isn't as good as Windows 7, but it was a huge leap in the right direction.

Yes, Vista's running better now that driver support has become better (for the most part). Personally I still think XP runs a lot better than Vista (Even on the intel quad I was looking into, I just didn't think Vista cut it). So I choose to use XP. It's worked great for me in the past, and it's working great for me now. Really, people can harass XP until they're blue in the face. They're not going to convince me to use something else;). It boots fast, it preforms well, and it's secure enough for what I use it for. Using something else doesn't make logical sense for me.

Haha. Oh don't worry, we all know what HotelUser is like. ;)

Nice edit:D

Recursion
15-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Also, another thing springs to mind, 64bit support, Vista bought that into the market and gave it a huge push, XP 64 edition was a huge failure, another step in the right direction on Vista's part ;)

HotelUser
15-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Also, another thing springs to mind, 64bit support, Vista bought that into the market and gave it a huge push, XP 64 edition was a huge failure, another step in the right direction on Vista's part ;)

Yeah, but I wouldn't exactly have called the transition smooth;). And I also believe their Apple counterparts got 64bit around the same time?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!