PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] New Portfolio Layout.... #3

Sam
14-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Well seeing as apparently i cant 'think up my own ideas' and i 'need to rip' blah blah blah i got bored and decided to create another layout which is intending to show that infact, i don't need to rip. Also that i can think up my own designs...

Anyhow, the only part i'm a little stuck on is the content areas. Everything i try seems to look odd so i think i'm just going to remove them and have a drop down content menu which i'll code in jquery once it's coded.

The buttons on the left lead to different random sites. Like the joypad to IGN for example... The iPod to grooveshark. The boxes with ticks in will light up when hovered upon. The blue arrows will allow you to scroll through the different recent layouts which appear up top. The image previews will light up, and once clicked upon will load the full image courtesy of jquery lightbox.

And C&C is appreciated.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5459/portfolionewcopy.png

When i procees to finish it then i'll add a few odd extra details, and there's a few minor text thingy's i want to add somewhere. It's still a WIP, like i spent about an hour on it so far. Just adding the finishing detail.

EDIT: Yes it is based upon the last portfolio like the ticks and quote etc because i liked them ;D If ANYONE says i ripped the twitter idea from Joe or whatever / how he did it i'm going to scream. Whilst hunting round different sites for inspiration probably 9 / 10 had a twitter box, and of around 3 of those had the little blue bird with a box.

iDenning
15-07-2009, 09:42 PM
i like it
i just dont like the content boxes, abit dull and boring :P
Good idea and nice layout, good luck on improving it!

Sam
15-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Cheers. I was thinking about having a tab coming out the bottom of the latest work box that, when clicked, the content menu would slide down.

Too much work though xD Specially seeing as i doubt i'll ever code it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!