PDA

View Full Version : YouTube phasing out IE6

Nli.
14-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Google owned comapany, YouTube are soon to be phasing out support for it's IE6 users.

http://friendfeed.com/chromium/deccf582/oh-hallelujah-youtube-will-be-next-to-kiss-ie6

paul4wolves
14-07-2009, 05:30 PM
about time, it's CRAP.

Steven.
14-07-2009, 05:37 PM
All I got to say is about time. Shame It has took this long.

jackass
14-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, about time.

Jordy
14-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't stop using IE6 till only about a year ago and to be fair it was a legendary browser of it's time but yeah, IE7-8, Chrome, and all versions of Firefox are better it has to be said and it's a nightmare for web standards so it's only right a big website finally phases it out.

The Professor
14-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Its a good idea in principle, but if they can do this its a slippery slope to anti-competitive practises. What's to stop them phasing out support for all browsers except chrome? They're already forcing people to don't use chrome to see those horrible yellow boxes telling them to get it, which is fair enough but a bit cheeky. Either way the awareness is there now since everyone and their dog visits youtube, so if they cut support for all other browsers now everyone would follow like little sheep and kablam, market share.

There's my sensationalist 2 cents anyway. Regardless, someone needs to stop people using IE6, its still the most commonly used browser in business or something like that because they cant be bothered to upgrade. The amount of BBC programmes (even tech programmes) that have screenshots in IE6 is cringeworthy.

HotelUser
14-07-2009, 07:48 PM
IE is crap, and IE 6 was the pinnacle of bad IE releases.

Honestly, I don't even use IE on my Windows Mobile phone.

mat64
14-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Honestly, I don't even use IE on my Windows Mobile phone.

Too bad your using Windows Mobile though. It's one of the main reasons I'm ditching my Touch Diamond.

HotelUser
14-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Too bad your using Windows Mobile though. It's one of the main reasons I'm ditching my Touch Diamond.

I got the HTC vogue running winmo 6.5, (I recently flashed it on), and I'm very satisfied. Windows mobile was fine for me after I got skyfire and youtube player, oh, and a working version of Android ;). I'm not satisfied with Android yet, though, due to the lack of Sense UI :(. But when HTC Hero comes out, the guys over at XDA forums will surly rip it for other android devices:D.

The Professor
14-07-2009, 09:35 PM
I like windows mobile for its versatility. So many different things you can do with it to make it personal; skins, apps, input methods, browsers etc. Shame android came along really :p I'm waiting with baited breath for the andoid port for the samsung omnia.

Jordy
14-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I got the HTC vogue running winmo 6.5, (I recently flashed it on), and I'm very satisfied. Windows mobile was fine for me after I got skyfire and youtube player, oh, and a working version of Android ;). I'm not satisfied with Android yet, though, due to the lack of Sense UI :(. But when HTC Hero comes out, the guys over at XDA forums will surly rip it for other android devices:D.I lurve Skyfire and use it for viewing full web pages and some videos but don't have much use for it now there's a YouTube application. I quite like IE on Windows Mobile it's really fast just for booting up quickly and checking very basic mobile web pages, beyond that it's useless but for checking headlines, facebook, habboxforum and google reader it's fantastic.

I'm with you lot though, I'd kill for Android.

Turbocom
15-07-2009, 03:27 AM
dad still uses ie6 on windows xp and he doesn't wanna upgrade.

Trinity
15-07-2009, 04:27 AM
dad still uses ie6 on windows xp and he doesn't wanna upgrade.

Slap him.

Recursion
15-07-2009, 07:37 AM
I got the HTC vogue running winmo 6.5, (I recently flashed it on), and I'm very satisfied. Windows mobile was fine for me after I got skyfire and youtube player, oh, and a working version of Android ;). I'm not satisfied with Android yet, though, due to the lack of Sense UI :(. But when HTC Hero comes out, the guys over at XDA forums will surly rip it for other android devices:D.

I WANT MY GOD DAMN G1 BACK *CRY* *CRY *SLIT* *SLIT* :(

Anyways, about time, IE6 was getting old.

xPrecedent
15-07-2009, 02:13 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not post images with words that avoid the filter. Thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!