PDA

View Full Version : Anime Your favourite anime.

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 06:45 PM
... or manga.

Anime
Anime Name - Gintama or D.gray-man
Why - Didnt really like Gintama at first, but the action is too good not to like and it's probably the only anime that has made me laugh, something that stand up comedy cant even do. D.gray-man is so action-packed and well animated too.

Manga
Manga Name - D.gray-man
Why - It's probably the only manga I still read, too bad it keeps ruining into walls with the artist being injured, being sued for plaguerising another artists work.

Nemo
14-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I dont read manga, but my favourite anime would have to be either FMA or Code Geass.

Salute
14-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Bleach. Definatly Bleach.

Neversoft
14-07-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=484727

Favourite Anime
1. Gintama
2. Nodame Cantabile
3. Death Note
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

Favourite Manga
1/2. 20th Century Boys
1/2. Genshiken
3. Claymore
4. Guyver
5. Eden: It's An Endless World!

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 06:57 PM
It's like 3 months old though, let's try to keep this one alive :)
Chris you should watch D.gray-man

Neversoft
14-07-2009, 07:00 PM
So what if it's old? It's been bumped multiple times already, should have just done it again. :P Plus it had 28 pages, I'd say its pretty much alive. It's hard to keep favourite anime/manga threads constantly alive though.

I won't be watching D.Gray-Man any time soon. I've read the first volume of the manga and nothing interested me, plus I'd rather not get into another cliched shounen.

Southe,
14-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Manga

One Piece - The characters are loveable, the story is awesome and Oda is a genius. And he rightly deserves to be number 1. With his unique style of drawing and storyline. Has so many twists and unexpected moments. Awesome

Anime

One Piece - Exact same, Toei does an amazing job making the series and quality is just superb miles better than other shows out atm (as in Naru and bleach IMO )

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 08:24 PM
LOL RYU SO PREDICTABLE xD

Southe,
14-07-2009, 10:24 PM
i only speak the TRUTH. Current Manga arc is *Removed* awesome. And the anime has like 7 diffrent directors. lol told you OP visualy becomes awesome 200+ lol thats when it started going HD. And seriously his plot twists are funny and you dont even see them comming.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not not avoid the filter. Thanks

Jord
14-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Anime Name: GunGrave

Why: Its about "Brandon Burn" And his 3 others friends who die, There him and harry go to this gang and want to go higher (to the top) And hes a sweeper collecting money and stuff, And harry betrays him after And it was really sad :( And he comes back to life just to get revenge he kills harrys 5 best men (Harry is now leader of gang) And To there suprise there fighting side to side again because someone else is trying to kill harry, Brandon cant stop his body from protecting harry and in the end when they both were dying brandons says
I keep making the wrong choices, I always choose harry Mcdow....

Then they die

Neversoft
14-07-2009, 11:42 PM
i only speak the TRUTH. Current Manga arc is *Removed* awesome. And the anime has like 7 diffrent directors. lol told you OP visualy becomes awesome 200+ lol thats when it started going HD. And seriously his plot twists are funny and you dont even see them comming.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not not avoid the filter. Thanks

Man you're noooooooooortee!

I wish Gintama went HD. They still have 480p resolution as well lol, and they constantly remind you of that fact.

Nemo
14-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Anime Name: GunGrave

Why: Its about "Brandon Burn" And his 3 others friends who die, There him and harry go to this gang and want to go higher (to the top) And hes a sweeper collecting money and stuff, And harry betrays him after And it was really sad :( And he comes back to life just to get revenge he kills harrys 5 best men (Harry is now leader of gang) And To there suprise there fighting side to side again because someone else is trying to kill harry, Brandon cant stop his body from protecting harry and in the end when they both were dying brandons says
I keep making the wrong choices, I always choose harry Mcdow....

Then they die
thats not y, thats just the story in one big spoiler... altho isnt in spoiler tags.

Jord
15-07-2009, 12:36 AM
thats not y, thats just the story in one big spoiler... altho isnt in spoiler tags.

it aint, Its a plot summery on my dub site :)

Southe,
15-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Man you're noooooooooortee!

I wish Gintama went HD. They still have 480p resolution as well lol, and they constantly remind you of that fact.

lol dont they still air Full screen aswell? anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBE7rwyvIE&fmt=22
Sorta spoilers but to far in so if u ever watch you'll forget about it.

But thats basically the normal animation and then like in lkater parts at key points the animation becomes awesome like.

Skip to the other parts or a lower quality one here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDwVvAhyEw&fmt=18

So for a weekly show its good i think. obviously series like eden of the east looked far better but probaly had more time to do it in.

Neversoft
15-07-2009, 11:24 AM
lol dont they still air Full screen aswell? anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBE7rwyvIE&fmt=22
Sorta spoilers but to far in so if u ever watch you'll forget about it.

But thats basically the normal animation and then like in lkater parts at key points the animation becomes awesome like.

Skip to the other parts or a lower quality one here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDwVvAhyEw&fmt=18

So for a weekly show its good i think. obviously series like eden of the east looked far better but probaly had more time to do it in.

I meant 4:3 aspect ratio, not 480p resolution. At first I typed out 480p aspect ratio but then I was like "hang on... that doesn't sound right" so I went with resolution but that was wrong. :$ My bad. They have 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 in this day and age!

I think that happens with most on-going series. I don't watch Naruto so I can't say anything about that, but Bleach's animation has definitely improved and the character design has also changed a little. If you watch an episode from the Soul Society arc then skip to and episode in the Hueco Mundo arc you'll notice a significant difference. Gintama hasn't really changed on any dramatic scale but the animation is better now than when it first started.

Axel
15-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Anime.... probably Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist... Death Note was really good too, Bleach has lost it's touch...

Manga, I only read Bleach so.... let's say that.

Southe,
15-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I meant 4:3 aspect ratio, not 480p resolution. At first I typed out 480p aspect ratio but then I was like "hang on... that doesn't sound right" so I went with resolution but that was wrong. :$ My bad. They have 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 in this day and age!

I think that happens with most on-going series. I don't watch Naruto so I can't say anything about that, but Bleach's animation has definitely improved and the character design has also changed a little. If you watch an episode from the Soul Society arc then skip to and episode in the Hueco Mundo arc you'll notice a significant difference. Gintama hasn't really changed on any dramatic scale but the animation is better now than when it first started.

Naruto .. Animation was about the same, *thunder lol* during the sasuke naruto fight it changed a lil bit, fillers it got slopp, then just terrible, shippuuden it improved slightly on what it use to be like before. but some episodes look bad.

And yea it does happen with lots of series but OP has lots of styles. which some could argue can ruin it but i like it.

Neversoft
15-07-2009, 11:19 PM
It must get annoying if the style changes so frequently though? :P

By the way... The NHK curse! It's back! I'm going on holiday in a week and I want to buy the novel to read on the way, but Amazon doesn't have it in stock, The Book Depository doesn't have it in stock, AbeBooks doesn't have it in stock, the Waterstones website knows nothing, Blackwell say they can get it in two weeks but thats too late, WHSmith don't have it, Borders don't have it, Play.com don't have it, it's not on eBay... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! And would you believe EVERYWHERE has the manga in stock now!? Typical!

Edit: United Publications have it but "Normally delivered within 7 to 10 days" thats cutting it too close! It's well cheap as well. Damn!

Even the bloody Guardian have the manga in stock but not the novel.

Nooooo! My last hope only has the manga! Why base.com why!?!?!!?

Neversoft
19-07-2009, 02:21 PM
There were some problems with the information you entered:

* Sorry, we are unable to accept Electron or Visa Electron cards.

WHY HAVE IT AS AN OPTION THEN!?!?!?!!?!?

Southe,
20-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Did it say "Visa" or "Visa Electron"

And yea i started having problem with HLJ site i get my models from. just use paypal for that now.

LoveToStack
20-07-2009, 12:03 PM
There were some problems with the information you entered:

* Sorry, we are unable to accept Electron or Visa Electron cards.

WHY HAVE IT AS AN OPTION THEN!?!?!?!!?!?

That happened to two of us before, exactly the same. Did you try to buy it from forbidden planet?

Neversoft
20-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Did it say "Visa" or "Visa Electron"

And yea i started having problem with HLJ site i get my models from. just use paypal for that now.

http://www.eyeonasia.co.uk/ ;)

That happened to two of us before, exactly the same. Did you try to buy it from forbidden planet?

Nope, Blackwell.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!