PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1943

Kyle!
14-07-2009, 07:06 PM
How awesome is this game? I just wish they took their time to build some new maps and stuff and release this as a proper retail game, it would be really big if they did that.

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Snipers are terrible.

Wootzeh
14-07-2009, 08:26 PM
4th map is about to unlock.

PaulMacC
14-07-2009, 08:29 PM
When is it because I wanna get footage of it up for loads of views.

Wootzeh
14-07-2009, 08:55 PM
its on now, great fun

Johno
14-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Snipers are terrible.
I think they are alright :P Yeah I quite like it, more maps and more classes would be nicer though.

Jordy
14-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Just a quick tip which is very useful with the excellent Coral Sea being released, when you land or hover over a friendly aircraft carrier or airstrip it will increase the health of your plane.

So if your shot just head back to the aircraft carriers hovering slightly above it and you'll be restored to full health ;)

It's annoying me atm how people are jumping out of planes rather than facing their death, but 5 seconds out your plane and it counts as suicide -10 so it's not worth being such a coward anyway :P

Snipers are weird, they're good for getting kills on Iwo Jima (And useless on Wake island) yet you're not going to win games by using it as they're crap for capturing flags. If I ever think I've got a guaranteed headshot it'll no doubt miss but usually just fluke some sweet headshots.

Kyle!
14-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Snipers I think are actually ok, the new map (Coral Sea) is quite good too but it isn't going to be in the map rotation which is kind of gutting.

GrandTheftAudio
15-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I downloaded the demo and it's not a bad game. The first match I joined everyone was taking it really seriously then the next nobody was talking. I actually preferred when people were more into it. I wouldn't pay loads for it but it is an alright game. I don't really like the snipers, it's much harder to hit a moving target than say, in CoD. Planes are quite tricky to fly but the Raids are awesome :)

PaulMacC
15-07-2009, 07:17 PM
It takes way too long to kill people and bullet registration is awful but then again thats what you get when you dont have dedicated servers, I wish EA would take a line from M.A.G or Killzone and actually spend money on proper servers seeing as at least 40% of XBL has downloaded this.

15-07-2009, 07:40 PM
It takes way too long to kill people and bullet registration is awful but then again thats what you get when you dont have dedicated servers, I wish EA would take a line from M.A.G or Killzone and actually spend money on proper servers seeing as at least 40% of XBL has downloaded this.
I wouldnt go as far as 40% of XBL has this.
I dont think one person on my friends list even has it.

Neil
16-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Yea I know have like 3 or 4 people on my list with it and I have a nearly full list. xD

DavidDaveDavid
16-07-2009, 01:45 PM
i downloaded this the other day and it is worth 1200 ms points

Kyle!
21-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Anybody starting to get really addicted? I'm loving it now, after a few plays I thought it was ok but now, it's fantastic. Anybody else feel this way?

C00KZ.
21-07-2009, 03:20 AM
The maps we have are great, but it gets repetitive.

Ontario
21-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Snipers are terrible.
Or you are just a terrible sniper:rolleyes:

PaulMacC
21-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Or you are just a terrible sniper:rolleyes:
Nope. I've played plently of FPS, more than you could probably imagine. I've played the majority of the Battlefield Series including Vietnam, 1942', Bad Company and anything else you could imagine. This Battlefield doesnt have proper limb damage. I shoot someone in the chest, 1 hit kill right, nope. The only limb damage this game has is for the head.

Kyle!
21-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Nope. I've played plently of FPS, more than you could probably imagine. I've played the majority of the Battlefield Series including Vietnam, 1942', Bad Company and anything else you could imagine. This Battlefield doesnt have proper limb damage. I shoot someone in the chest, 1 hit kill right, nope. The only limb damage this game has is for the head.

Yeah I get you, I'm kind of surprised because no one is complaining about this on the Battlefield 1943 forums about it, but they're complaining about less important things such as the plane's wheels not opening properly. :P

bruno
21-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I played the Demo and it looks quite good for an arcade game, just one thing. It's World at War with larger maps and craper graphics :\

I like it and all, and I will be buying it but it's like WaW (guns etc.)

Kyle!
21-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I played the Demo and it looks quite good for an arcade game, just one thing. It's World at War with larger maps and craper graphics :\

I like it and all, and I will be buying it but it's like WaW (guns etc.)

No it isn't. If anything, WaW is battlefield 1943. It's totally different, and about 10 times better.

bruno
21-07-2009, 01:21 PM
the only differance being bigger maps, and craper graphics, what's the differances?

Jordy
21-07-2009, 02:36 PM
the only differance being bigger maps, and craper graphics, what's the differances?There's a range of about 6 guns on Battlefield, yet there's customizable classes on WaW which is a huge difference. Vehicles are much more powerful and essential to Battlefield yet they play a very insignificant part to WaW. The lobby systems are totally different. Just two playlists in Battlefield yet in WaW there's a good range of different playlisys. Rather different ranking up system in some ways.

COD4 and WAW however is a very good example of games which are the same. The only differences are different maps and weapons, and a few perk changes.

J0SH
22-07-2009, 02:49 AM
The snipers are actually really good, you're just too used to playing Call of Duty and using a perk to aid your sniper skills :P

PaulMacC
22-07-2009, 08:17 AM
The snipers are actually really good, you're just too used to playing Call of Duty and using a perk to aid your sniper skills :P
I can snipe fine without perks, I even have a round record with the R700 Juggernaut. Im fine because it's one hit to the neck and above. The thing with Battlefield is the maps are so huge and you need pinpoint accuracy to hit someone on the head across the map, people move around a lot so it's extremely hard.

Kyle!
25-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I think the snipers ok actually Paul, seems right for the sort of game it is.

Pazza
25-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Is it worth it ?

Kyle!
25-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Is it worth it ?

Yes definitely, you'll enjoy it. :D

kk.
25-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I can snipe fine without perks, I even have a round record with the R700 Juggernaut. Im fine because it's one hit to the neck and above. The thing with Battlefield is the maps are so huge and you need pinpoint accuracy to hit someone on the head across the map, people move around a lot so it's extremely hard.

oh so you mean like, in a proper war?

Pazza
25-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes definitely, you'll enjoy it. :D

Cheers =] I've just bought some points from gamepointsnow.com (not an advertisement, but they're amazing if u cba going shops, or they're closed).

I'm just downloading it now

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!