PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] My Hotel View

NICJ
14-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I entered this in the January Comp. It was my first attempt of anything of this kind. I entered it on behalf of my other account "Ultimicia." becuase i thought habbo was biast toward me becuase of previous issues...(I was wrong ahah..) But anyway, she was a Runner up.

Osrry for the fuzzyness.

The Japanese Letters are my "trade mark" Ni and Ki

ChrisObv
14-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Alot of the black lines are unnecessary, and some of the shaded lines are in the wrong places, also the design is very complex, and therefore, the water/pool/glass thing is meant to be slightly transparent so you can see whats behind it. Some texture is missing, you seem to use 3 colours for each side of the building, the patio could be done in a subtle creamy grey, and you could add texture. You should also save your images as .PNG from now on, clear quality = great reviews.

6/10

NICJ
14-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Alot of the black lines are unnecessary, and some of the shaded lines are in the wrong places, also the design is very complex, and therefore, the water/pool/glass thing is meant to be slightly transparent so you can see whats behind it. Some texture is missing, you seem to use 3 colours for each side of the building, the patio could be done in a subtle creamy grey, and you could add texture. You should also save your images as .PNG from now on, clear quality = great reviews.

6/10

Agree with the "Glass block" being transparant. But be more subtle--or unless it was motive to **** someone off in 20 seconds.

user130523
15-07-2009, 05:20 PM
good work! :)

agree with comments above!

Cherpi
15-07-2009, 06:58 PM

6/10
You could of just said; It's nice but needs quite a bit of work doing!

I like it other then you saved as jpeg. It needs adding shading and there are a few errors

:)

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh thats niceee, agree with comments above though. :P

Kyle
15-07-2009, 09:03 PM
awful if you ask me

dbgtz
16-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry but that is quite awful and you honestly shouldn't have been a runner up. I would comment in detail but alot has been said and you should work on a bit at a time.

jennifuh
16-07-2009, 09:12 PM
You could of just said; It's nice but needs quite a bit of work doing!

I like it other then you saved as jpeg. It needs adding shading and there are a few errors

:)

No, the post originally wrote is a lot better since it offers detail and explaining. More specific help than just needs more work.

The architecture isn't too great.

NICJ
24-07-2009, 10:05 PM
No, the post originally wrote is a lot better since it offers detail and explaining. More specific help than just needs more work.

The architecture isn't too great.

Disagree. He could have said it in a less ******-er way. It really is bad for morale.

Jamesy
24-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Disagree. He could have said it in a less ******-er way. It really is bad for morale.

He said it perfectly fine. Points were clear and he gave a decent score at the end.

Jennifuh is quite right :)

NICJ
24-07-2009, 10:24 PM
He said it perfectly fine. Points were clear and he gave a decent score at the end.

Jennifuh is quite right :)

Did you not read aout how it make me feel?

Jamesy
24-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Yes. But you posted your work, expect criticism. He's told you how to improve.

It wasn't a personal attack, it was just constructive criticism.

RandomManJay
24-07-2009, 11:39 PM

6/10

I agree with you here, there is a lot of room for improvement, I do like the design somewhat, but it is too complicated. Some of the isometrics don't seem to meet correctly, for example: the helipad is either too big, slightly off considering is isn't in a good position or its isometrics aren't right. And yeah, save as a .png, quality is essential in graphic artistry.

Altogether is would give it possibly a 6 or 7/10, it's good for a first of this scale etc. but there is much to be improved on.

Powez
25-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Very Different! Doesnt Seem Possible Though...

Rakritia
25-07-2009, 09:27 AM
There is no point posting work for the whole world to see if all you want it "WOW THATS AMAZING +REP"

You need to improve your work a lot, and your attitude. Criticism is how you improve, nobody is perfect and therefore believe it or not, that means your work has flaws.

The point were relevant and clear so you can take them into consideration next time you do something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!