PDA

View Full Version : Klydo [Keep Logging Your Days Online]

iMattR
15-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey there!

Some of you may remember a while ago where Greg Cooper (Ego or Awfy, I think) was creating a microblogging website called Klydo - which is an acronym for "Keep Logging Your Days Online"? Well, if so, you might not be so happy to know that he moved on to bigger projects - BUT... he sold the domain to me and I and my PHP/MySQL Developer, Jack Ellis, will be creating the system/framework and upholding it all for you all to enjoy.

Currently, my position on the site is UI [User Interface] Developer, and Jack's is Back-end Developer - mainly, I do all the design and front-end coding, and Jack codes the system and integrates it with MySQL.

Currently, we do have a design (which can be found by clicking here (http://www.livethree.org/images/layouts/klydo.png)), and I have a splash page design which is now online on the site, and fully functional! If you want to check out the site, then please click here (http://www.klydo.com/).

Any feedback that would benefit us would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks!
Matt

Turbocom
15-07-2009, 03:21 AM
coding is poor. You should have it work cross browsers and have it so if someone has JS disabled it will still work. I went on IE6 in Windows XP and I have JS disabled and it doesn't work. I like the design though and the icons. Where did you get the icons?

William93
15-07-2009, 10:27 AM
coding is poor. You should have it work cross browsers and have it so if someone has JS disabled it will still work. I went on IE6 in Windows XP and I have JS disabled and it doesn't work. I like the design though and the icons. Where did you get the icons?

Who the hell would use IE6 with JS disabled anyway?

BoyBetterKnow
15-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Lmao +rep because that actually made me giggle.

Turbocom, it's a splash page. I suppose it should work cross browser too but you're just trying to be difficult. ;)

user130523
15-07-2009, 11:51 AM
looking good! :D

best of luck!

Awfy
15-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Seriously... After what Google has done with YouTube? You're still trying to say IE6 is worth developing for?

Ignore IE6 fools.

BoyBetterKnow
15-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Seriously... After what Google has done with YouTube? You're still trying to say IE6 is worth developing for?

Ignore IE6 fools.

Google ignores small screens to. I still have a horizontal scrollbar :(

Fehm
15-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, The new twitter. Good luck with this, but it will obviously fail.

BoyBetterKnow
15-07-2009, 03:49 PM

We'll see.

iMattR
15-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay, a variety of opinions and views there.
Rofl.

Turbocom
15-07-2009, 05:06 PM

Me like I just said.

Lmao +rep because that actually made me giggle.

Turbocom, it's a splash page. I suppose it should work cross browser too but you're just trying to be difficult. ;)

I'm not trying to be difficult, my dad still uses IE6 because he like the fact its easy to use.

Ignore IE6 fools.

Sure it is, because people still use it.

I don't think so, if they make it unique.

We'll see.

We sure will :)

Awfy
15-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Sure it is, because people still use it.
One of the biggest sites in the world stops supporting IE6 which obviously is a look into the future for the rest of Google's websites/products. If Google stops supporting the out dated browser then I'm pretty sure schools/companies will be forced to update which gets rid of most of the share IE6 still holds.

May seem pointless for Google but it means they can develop better websites at the same time promote their own browser as a quick fix.

Fehm
15-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Tbh.. WHAT UNIQUE ABOUT IT?

What are you doing right now? OH LET ME TWITTER THAT WITH 10 MILLION PEOPLE.. or stick with Klydo and let, umm everyone from the southern coast of morrocco see it whilst their swimming with the sharks.

Big Dreams, Little experience. Wont happen babes!

Awfy
16-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Development on Klydo by Matt and company has now stopped due to disagreement over the future ventures of the site.

BoyBetterKnow
16-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Tbh.. WHAT UNIQUE ABOUT IT?

What are you doing right now? OH LET ME TWITTER THAT WITH 10 MILLION PEOPLE.. or stick with Klydo and let, umm everyone from the southern coast of morrocco see it whilst their swimming with the sharks.

Big Dreams, Little experience. Wont happen babes!

Not sure about "Little experience" but meh, like Awfy said, it's stopped.

Janet Snakehole
17-07-2009, 10:49 PM
sites not working for me :S

iMattR
20-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Development hasn't stopped... but in fact, we've just moved name's, due to Greg only giving us about 20 minutes before he changed the DNS. :/ Ha! Enough time to get a new domain, my arse, Greg.

Socnic (http://www.socnic.com/) <-- There ya go!

Turbocom
21-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Development hasn't stopped... but in fact, we've just moved name's, due to Greg only giving us about 20 minutes before he changed the DNS. :/ Ha! Enough time to get a new domain, my arse, Greg.

Socnic (http://www.socnic.com/) <-- There ya go!
may want to change the footer email..

Fehm
21-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Socnic?
How... crap?

emotional
21-07-2009, 08:45 AM
i don't understand, why bother?? :S:S:S

why would i use this rather than facebook, for example, that has millions of users??

Fehm
21-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Anyone else think, BIG BLUE HEDGEHOG? or just meeee

Excellent2
21-07-2009, 09:05 AM
The UI is terrible and the idea has too much competition. You won't get nowhere mate. Twitter, Faceook, Jaiku, Plurk, FriendFeed - Just some of your competition.

BoyBetterKnow
21-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Anyone else think, BIG BLUE HEDGEHOG? or just meeee

*Removed*

The UI is terrible and the idea has too much competition. You won't get nowhere mate. Twitter, Faceook, Jaiku, Plurk, FriendFeed - Just some of your competition.

Even if it doesn't get a user base over 1000, imagine how good it would look on a CV. The designing & PHP coding etc.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be rude to other members. Thanks.

Skajo
21-07-2009, 10:21 AM
May I just enquire as to how much you purchased the domain for?

Excellent2
21-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Even if it doesn't get a user base over 1000, imagine how good it would look on a CV. The designing & PHP coding etc.Lets be honest Jack.. your not going to succeed. On opening you may get about 10 signups but that will be people testing it. I know your a better coder than me but I guarantee you won't be able to code a micro-blogging script like that. The UI is terrible and if you took that to any major investors they would laugh at you and tell you to think again.

Face it, you have too much competition to even grow in this market. Startups are hard to come by now as so many ideas are being taken/developed by bigger companies with more staff and financial backing.

Give up before you waste time and money.

BoyBetterKnow
21-07-2009, 10:37 AM
May I just enquire as to how much you purchased the domain for?

Greg wanted £300 for it ;)

Lets be honest Jack.. your not going to succeed. On opening you may get about 10 signups but that will be people testing it. I know your a better coder than me but I guarantee you won't be able to code a micro-blogging script like that. The UI is terrible and if you took that to any major investors they would laugh at you and tell you to think again.

Face it, you have too much competition to even grow in this market. Startups are hard to come by now as so many ideas are being taken/developed by bigger companies with more staff and financial backing.

Give up before you waste time and money.

I'm not really worried about a massive userbase. The way I see it, SocNic gets coded right, we manage perhaps 100 regular users +- right. We just put that on our CV, nothing about a userbase but the fact we made it. If I was applying for a PHP Developer and I said, oh and I coded all of SocNics backend, that would count as my proven experience or what not.

And cheers for the compliment I spose but I am able to code it... I need to look into things like better caching methods but I know I can do it.

Excellent2
21-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm not really worried about a massive userbase. The way I see it, SocNic gets coded right, we manage perhaps 100 regular users +- right. We just put that on our CV, nothing about a userbase but the fact we made it. If I was applying for a PHP Developer and I said, oh and I coded all of SocNics backend, that would count as my proven experience or what not.

And cheers for the compliment I spose but I am able to code it... I need to look into things like better caching methods but I know I can do it.So why make a project than your not even going to take seriously? If you were taking this seriously you would either give up, or just agree that you'll make it and if anybody wants to sign up, they can.

Skajo
21-07-2009, 10:44 AM
£300 for a domain that has next to no credibility amongst anyone outside the Habbo(x) community? With no disrespect to Greg at all, it's not the greatest of domains the traffic I'm expecting to be pretty low before the sale circa 500< p/month. The name isn't that inviting to be honest - it's a made up word that's not very appealing (in my opinion) and the site never took off so it's considered a failure.

If you paid £300 or anything over £20 then you've got a lot of work to do to justify the price tag.

Excellent2
21-07-2009, 10:46 AM
£300 for a domain that has next to no credibility amongst anyone outside the Habbo(x) community? With no disrespect to Greg at all, it's not the greatest of domains the traffic I'm expecting to be pretty low before the sale circa 500< p/month. The name isn't that inviting to be honest - it's a made up word that's not very appealing (in my opinion) and the site never took off so it's considered a failure.

If you paid £300 or anything over £20 then you've got a lot of work to do to justify the price tag.Klydo does have credibility, lots of others outside of HxF do know about it. Greg was going to re-open it whilst with Youmeo. I'm sure lots of people then knew about it.

£300 is still a hefty price tag.

Skajo
21-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Anything over £20 and you've been robbed.

If I see statistics that prove me otherwise, I'll admit I'm wrong.

Excellent2
21-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Anything over £20 and you've been robbed.

If I see statistics that prove me otherwise, I'll admit I'm wrong.I'd pay between £50-80 for it.

BoyBetterKnow
21-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeh it's sad. It's a good little name I suppose.

Agnostic Bear
21-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I would pay no more than £4.28 for the Klydo.com domain.

BoyBetterKnow
21-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I would pay no more than £4.28 for the Klydo.com domain.

Lmao less than the registration price. Greg obviously thinks it's worth more than it is....

Awfy
21-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Lmao less than the registration price. Greg obviously thinks it's worth more than it is....
I think it's worth around £300 and that's what it will sell for if I wish to sell it. Doesn't matter what people on here evaluate it at as they're not the people who will buy it since they're unlikely to put a lot of money into websites.

Skajo
21-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Put money into a domain that's been inactive and unpopular for a while? I'd rather save £296 and buy a new domain, a classier domain. Klydo isn't the nicest of 'words' I have to say.

Homosexual
21-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Wasn't Klydo a game?

When I go to klydo.com, I get a GoDaddy page.

Awfy
21-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Put money into a domain that's been inactive and unpopular for a while? I'd rather save £296 and buy a new domain, a classier domain. Klydo isn't the nicest of 'words' I have to say.
Like I said you're not the people who would want to buy it.

William93
22-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Like I said you're not the people who would want to buy it.

Well you seem so sure that someone's going to buy it for £300, hurry the hell up and do it.

J0SH
22-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Well you seem so sure that someone's going to buy it for £300, hurry the hell up and do it.

This thread is based on Klydo, I take it he has already sold it the the OP for £300.

Blinger1
22-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Wasn't Klydo a game?

When I go to klydo.com, I get a GoDaddy page.
sounds like cluedo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo)to me.

Awfy
22-07-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't want to sell it though as I never offer it up for sale with the rest of my domains. Matt just so happened to ask so I decided to offer it to him for £300 if he really wanted it.

Homosexual
22-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Klydo was a game by Snappo. Haha. Awfy, I thought it was going to be a web dev forum.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=51670 << there

Awfy
22-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Klydo was a game by Snappo. Haha. Awfy, I thought it was going to be a web dev forum.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=51670 << there
That post says a social network, I think you've been mistaken.

Fehm
22-07-2009, 10:59 AM
With it having that : Keep Logging you days online thing... it could fetch quite a bit I agree.

I don't think £300 but I reckon anywhere upwards of £150-£170 would be about right.. good luck!

Homosexual
22-07-2009, 11:27 AM
That post says a social network, I think you've been mistaken.

I skim read it :P Can we have a peek at the UI again?

Skajo
22-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't think £300 but I reckon anywhere upwards of £150-£170 would be about right.. good luck!
Upwards of £150 is £300 :S

today
27-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Upwards of £150 is £300 :S
i think he means between 150-170 quid.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!