AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey,

What is better:

Intel Quad Core

OR

Phenom II(I)

---

What would you guys say is better basically. Phenom or Quad Core (Like if you matched up similar prices?)

Closed by N!ck (Forum Moderator): Thread closed due to arguments.

xPrecedent
15-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Just buy a flaming pre-built computer, you're going to be here years and then by the time you have your perfect carefuly chosen computer for habbo, you'll start to realise it'll be outdated and it'll just be an everlasting loop.

Recursion
15-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Just buy a flaming pre-built computer, you're going to be here years and then by the time you have your perfect carefuly chosen computer for habbo, you'll start to realise it'll be outdated and it'll just be an everlasting loop.

I have to say I do agree with this guy lmao.

But an Intel Quad Core.

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 04:02 PM

When will you learn I HARDLY PLAY HABBO NOW.

But an Intel Quad Core.

Ok. I am only being so fussy atm, as I (like everyone else might I add :rolleyes:) want to get the best for their money. Unless some people on this forum just enjoy throwing £900 down drains? Thought not.

Jahova
15-07-2009, 04:03 PM

But an Intel Quad Core.
For the price it's AMD. But if you want optimum performance then you should go with Intel.

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 04:07 PM
For the price it's AMD. But if you want optimum performance then you should go with Intel.

Cheers.

And to some people, my sisters Boyfriend (who makes custom PC's for people), just told me to look at AMD too, hence why I am asking about it to here for opinions!

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 04:09 PM

QFT, even though AMD are slowly catching up with Intel, they do have better processors. Personally I think getting the highest range AMD you can get is cheaper than a Intel Quad Core like the Q6600. If you were to get AMD, get a black edition since theyre alot better. I have AMD in my computer and tbh, it runs pretty decent, overclocks quite well etc, and best of all it only cost 130 quid (AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 Black) ;P

But yeah, I was initially gonna buy an Intel, and all my mates love Intel but for the price theyre just going for AMDs cuz its less expensive. Your choice dude.

Recursion
15-07-2009, 04:21 PM
The Black edition AMD CPUs are the same but with an unlocked multiplier for overclocking I thought...

Anywho, I was fussy when I built my computer over a year ago, but not THIS fussy!

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 04:21 PM
The Black edition AMD CPUs are the same but with an unlocked multiplier for overclocking I thought...

Anywho, I was fussy when I built my computer over a year ago, but not THIS fussy!

Yeah thats why theyre good tbh :D

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 04:28 PM

Processors play a big part though :D

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Processors play a big part though :D

I think the most expensive things in your computer should be Processor, Graphics Card & Power Supply. Motherboard you should get a pretty decent one to take advantage of the CPU and GPU, so unless you aint got a decent mobo you might as well get an AMD LOL. Really, everything for AMD is dirt cheap because its like the underdog to Intel.

In my opinion I think you should start on AMD and if you want to upgrade later when the Intel Quads are overtaken by their new series', you should. AMD is a safe cheap alternative which comes up trumps, but you're saving money for when you (inevitably) upgrade.

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167046

That any good? :)

Recursion
15-07-2009, 04:42 PM
IMO, don't get a bundle.

Jahova
15-07-2009, 05:19 PM
IMO, don't get a bundle.
Agree with Android.

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Agree with Android.

Fair enough - time to look again haha :D

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 05:22 PM
If youre going to get an Intel, get the Q6600, it really is ace.

N!ck
15-07-2009, 05:34 PM
IMO, don't get a bundle.

Sort your avatar out, the background isn't properly transparent and the edge is horrific.

And IMO they're pretty similar bang for buck with the AMDs probably edging it slightly.

Flisker
15-07-2009, 06:42 PM
My biased opinion was be Intel Quad Core as I do not like AMD (do not ask why)

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 06:44 PM
why do you dislike AMD's flisker? :D

jam666
15-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Go AMD, socket 775 is getting phased out later on in the year when i5 comes out.

AgnesIO
15-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Go AMD, socket 775 is getting phased out later on in the year when i5 comes out.

Can anyone else confirm this please? :)

Jahova
15-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Can anyone else confirm this please? :)
He speaks the truth. AM2+ will continue as AMD's flasgship and is compatible with most old AM2 and new AM3 motherboards. Also, AMD processors are getting cheaper all the time. Take my black edition 955, £200 three weeks ago and now £146.00 (eBuyer).

Recursion
15-07-2009, 10:38 PM
You have to wonder WHY they are getting cheaper.....

Pyroka
15-07-2009, 10:40 PM
You have to wonder WHY they are getting cheaper.....

To compete with Intel who have the largest market share.

ElliottThompson
16-07-2009, 12:47 AM
We might as well have one thread in this forum called Dom's PC Build which could be stickied.
Have you tried youtube or google to review things for the following reasons:
You can read professional peoples opinions
It's much easier

But at Mr.Android, I'm sure I saw on BBC that Intel is being fined for unlawfully ruling out competition from AMD by paying companies to sign contracts with them forcing their chips into PC's. They probably have begun driving AMD into the ground.
EDIT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7512950.stm
No wonder AMD are having price cuts!

Monopoly
16-07-2009, 12:52 AM
get a power pc g4. they're all the rage.

Recursion
16-07-2009, 07:14 AM
get a power pc g4. they're all the rage.

Now even Apple are phasing out some products, this is one of them!! :P

Monopoly
16-07-2009, 10:32 AM
i know. i was trying to be funny. :( i failed, sorry.

Recursion
16-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't mind one actually... LMAO

Monopoly
16-07-2009, 10:40 AM
yeah, a lot of people get the g4 towers and use them as storage slaves for music/video etc.
i'm happy with my macbook and external, though. :')

HotelUser
16-07-2009, 02:48 PM
yeah, a lot of people get the g4 towers and use them as storage slaves for music/video etc.
i'm happy with my macbook and external, though. :')

Some macrumor users are still using G4s as their main machine :D

Recursion
16-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Made your mind up?

AgnesIO
16-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Made your mind up?

Not yet, seems to be a fairly split mind atm! I think I am going to go for intel, however unsure as the 775 socket is going to stop being sold - so things like ram will, before long not fit?

AMD looks ok, but I will have to change some of the components.

Split mind!

Recursion
16-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Everything will still fit, you'll just have to get older Socket 775 CPUs, If I were you, I would wait for i5 or just get an i7.

AgnesIO
16-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Everything will still fit, you'll just have to get older Socket 775 CPUs, If I were you, I would wait for i5 or just get an i7.

Been thinking about i5.

Release date around yet?

Tomm
16-07-2009, 05:40 PM
By the time you make your mind up i'm sure they'll released many new processors besides the i5 :P

Anyway, its suppose to be Q3 of 2009.

Been thinking about i5.

Release date around yet?

AgnesIO
16-07-2009, 08:49 PM
By the time you make your mind up i'm sure they'll released many new processors besides the i5 :P

Anyway, its suppose to be Q3 of 2009.

Haha Tom.

I had read about i5, but when people drop more 'rocks' (e.g. faults with certain things) it puts you off!

AgnesIO
17-07-2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148796

Not to do with Processors however:

Would you guys say that is a fairly good motherboard (I personally think it is, just wandering what you guys think)

P.S. Gonna buy most of the stuff tomoz!!!

jam666
18-07-2009, 01:10 AM
You are truly wasting your money... be my guest and ignore my advice as it is your decision but you will only end up spending more money in the long run as you will have to upgrade sooner, GO with AMD as ive said socket 775 is getting phased out in the summer so whos to say you wont be back here in 6months or a years time going.... i need a new rig and then we have to go through about 50 threads trying to help you again?

Recursion
18-07-2009, 09:37 AM
You are truly wasting your money... be my guest and ignore my advice as it is your decision but you will only end up spending more money in the long run as you will have to upgrade sooner, GO with AMD as ive said socket 775 is getting phased out in the summer so whos to say you wont be back here in 6months or a years time going.... i need a new rig and then we have to go through about 50 threads trying to help you again?

We are telling him to wait for i5, which FYI, doesn't use Socket 775. :/ And actually a quad core running at a decent speed will do for more than a year IMO.

N!ck
18-07-2009, 09:49 AM
If you want a computer just go and buy it. There's always something new coming out. If you always have the attitude of waiting for something new to come out you will never get it as by the time that comes out there will be something else in the pipeline. It's getting annoying now all these threads on this computer that doesn't seem like it's going to exist.

Jahova
18-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Gigabyte are decent but I had much trouble with their support department when I came into difficulties with my board. I sent it back and decided to go for an ASUS M3N-HDMI: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145753. So far so good, it has been great to overclock with and it leaves room (with the price) to buy a better processor.

About the processor, I am using an AMD 955 Black Edition. It is an excellent processor and will compete (and win) against most of the current Intel Quad Core processors (when overclocked, if you have a decent CPU cooler).

For the CPU cooler, I recommend the OCZ Vendetta II (because I own one and it works a charm) - At 3.5GHz I always idle at 35*c and I max at 46*c at 100% load for 2 hours (non-stop, prime95). It is a large cooler, so watch out if you are buying it.

AgnesIO
18-07-2009, 12:10 PM
If you want a computer just go and buy it. There's always something new coming out. If you always have the attitude of waiting for something new to come out you will never get it as by the time that comes out there will be something else in the pipeline. It's getting annoying now all these threads on this computer that doesn't seem like it's going to exist.

No it won't exist, just bought half the parts, but no it won't.

Gigabyte are decent but I had much trouble with their support department when I came into difficulties with my board. I sent it back and decided to go for an ASUS M3N-HDMI: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145753. So far so good, it has been great to overclock with and it leaves room (with the price) to buy a better processor.

About the processor, I am using an AMD 955 Black Edition. It is an excellent processor and will compete (and win) against most of the current Intel Quad Core processors (when overclocked, if you have a decent CPU cooler).

For the CPU cooler, I recommend the OCZ Vendetta II (because I own one and it works a charm) - At 3.5GHz I always idle at 35*c and I max at 46*c at 100% load for 2 hours (non-stop, prime95). It is a large cooler, so watch out if you are buying it.

Cheers.:)

Jahova
18-07-2009, 01:59 PM

No problemo.

Recursion
18-07-2009, 05:54 PM
You know what? Go buy a Macintosh, no problems with hardware and no picking and choosing. LOL.

ElliottThompson
18-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Does that mean that this might be your last Building a PC thread?
-Prays-
Funny coz I bought my parts within 2 days and had built my pc within a week
Guess it's different for your first PC build but this had been OVAKILL

AgnesIO
19-07-2009, 09:06 AM
You know what? Go buy a Macintosh, no problems with hardware and no picking and choosing. LOL.

I did actually look at them yesterday.

My only faults with thme were:

Horrible mouse.
Keyboard is tiny (looks bad)
Very over priced for what you get.
My pros were:

Actual screen etc looked really nice.
I like OSX
:)

Does that mean that this might be your last Building a PC thread?
-Prays-
Funny coz I bought my parts within 2 days and had built my pc within a week
Guess it's different for your first PC build but this had been OVAKILL

To be fair Elliot, I have stuck to this thread for the last week as I know people are moaning about it - mind you to be fair its because things like Thread Titles didn't exactly match what I was talking about.

----

Supposed to be getting the parts on Tuesday :D

-----

I also dislike how some members on this forum, seem to think you should only be allowed to try new things if you are good at it. Everyone learns at some point, and I have pointed out somewhere that my sisters boyfriend (who builds a lot of custom pc's) is helping me build it.

Recursion
19-07-2009, 10:41 AM
You don't have to use an Apple keyboard and mouse on a Mac you know? You can use any Windows keyboard and actually people like Logitech make some nice Mac specific ones too :P

Although yes, the Mighty Mouse is pure crap, the keyboard is hot.

AgnesIO
19-07-2009, 10:44 AM
You don't have to use an Apple keyboard and mouse on a Mac you know? You can use any Windows keyboard and actually people like Logitech make some nice Mac specific ones too :P

Although yes, the Mighty Mouse is pure crap, the keyboard is hot.

But then Iam [paying even more :P I really like the colour scheme, just hate how small it all is. But the mouse - is there ANYTHING good about it? :P

N!ck
19-07-2009, 10:47 AM
I quite like mighty mice :S. clever touch sensitive thing. Overpriced though.

Monopoly
19-07-2009, 10:49 AM
it's pretty?
it's all personal preference with mice and keyboards i think.
our fingers are all different sizes so we don't really know.

AgnesIO
19-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I quite like mighty mice :S. clever touch sensitive thing. Overpriced though.

I just struggled to use it at PC World :PWouldn't click half the time (mind you that might be because people piss around with it..)

it's pretty?
it's all personal preference with mice and keyboards i think.
our fingers are all different sizes so we don't really know.

Yeh the Mac and the keyboard looks great!

Monopoly
19-07-2009, 10:54 AM
yeah. mac keyboards are always great to type on imo.
they keys are the pefect size and right space apart.

AgnesIO
19-07-2009, 10:58 AM
yeah. mac keyboards are always great to type on imo.
they keys are the pefect size and right space apart.

I think its because the one in the shop did not have a numeric keyboard so it looks so small!

Monopoly
19-07-2009, 10:59 AM
i'm watching one of the wireless without the numeric keyboard on ebay.
last i checked it was £30.
just seems so steep for a keyboard. -sigh

Recursion
19-07-2009, 11:07 AM
You seen the Optimus Maximus keyboard? Like $2000.

Monopoly
19-07-2009, 11:08 AM
yeah. that guy on youtube has one.
i think they're amazing, but it's a bit much? ;s

jam666
19-07-2009, 11:03 PM
you should of went to pc world :P

Have fun building it :)

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 01:05 AM
yeah. that guy on youtube has one.
i think they're amazing, but it's a bit much? ;s
that guy on youtube lol
narrowed it down

dom can you just buy your pc please cos i guarantee in a week or a year when you've finally finished your complete perfect rig, you'll want help setting it up so just hurry. hurry.

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 07:43 PM
that guy on youtube lol
narrowed it down

dom can you just buy your pc please cos i guarantee in a week or a year when you've finally finished your complete perfect rig, you'll want help setting it up so just hurry. hurry.

1) All parts come tomorrow.
2) I don't need help buying, as if you used your bloody brain (not that you have one, banend three times now is it?) you would realise I have said that my sisters boyfriend can make PC's, but obviously he is not there to ask questions about the parts etc 24/7..
3) I intend to have the main of iot complete by Saturday ~ apparently unlike you I don't throw £1000 around, without knowing EXACTLY what I would like.

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 08:18 PM
dom can i buy a runescape pin

Edited by N!ck (Forum Moderator): Please do not post off topic.

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 08:36 PM
dom can i buy a runescape pin

Don't take the piss. And just to proove a point:

Don't play habbo much now.
Stopped selling pins and donator.
Hate runescape.
Wanna own yourself anymore?

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Well what can I buy from you? C'mon you're DJ-Dominator

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not post to cause an argument.

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Well what can I buy from you? C'mon you're DJ-Dominator

I'm currently selling:

Lives
Brains
Bans (which I guess yours will be permanent before long.)

Come on. Be hard and say who you are. Afterall you seem to know me. :rolleyes:

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 08:59 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be so rude to other members.

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 09:03 PM
ok well
can i have
nothing from you
(because i don't like you.)
i just want a runescape pin
cos you're the most trusted
seller i know
please dj-dominator

Managed to 'miss' my question of who you are then.

Go on be a brave person (mind you people like yourself are losers normally, who are scared to say who they are on the internet?)

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Managed to 'miss' my question of who you are then.

Go on be a brave person (mind you people like yourself are losers normally, who are scared to say who they are on the internet?)
i'm xPrecedent ;s

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 09:08 PM
i'm xPrecedent ;s

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So funny. But you must have had other accounts, or used habbo, or be called chazmadinzle :S

Monopoly
20-07-2009, 09:09 PM
troll is borin.

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 09:10 PM
troll is borin.

I'll probably get this thread closed now ;)

(And if xPredecent doesn't stop get him/her banned.. once again)

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 09:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So funny. But you must have had other accounts, or used habbo, or be called chazmadinzle :S

yeah i have and wot and no im not chazmandilzdnefoksforshizzlemanizzle

I'll probably get this thread closed now and make another one ;)

(And if xPredecent doesn't stop get him/her banned.. once again)

fixed for you

AgnesIO
20-07-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah i have and wot and no im not chazmandilzdnefoksforshizzlemanizzle

fixed for you

Yeh I probably will, when you are banned.

As if I get this thread closed then I'll want somewhere to post pictures (since you seem to **** up every thread so far, so you will probably carry on)

xPrecedent
20-07-2009, 09:22 PM
*Removed*

Edited by N!ck (Forum Moderator): Please don't post inappropriately.

Recursion
20-07-2009, 10:06 PM
*Removed*

That was extremely unjustified.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!