PDA

View Full Version : Hotel business layout - Feedback please :)

iDenning
16-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey
Designed this, thought it would be a challenge for me, so i had a go.

http://files.uploadffs.com/f/87d1f375/HOTEL2.png
Feedback please, if negative, make it constructive :)

Will be looking to sell hopefully.

AlexOC
16-07-2009, 07:29 PM
That's a nice layout, the three icons (feel at home..) look good, and the links at the top look nice.

The footer is a bit plain.

BoyBetterKnow
16-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Need a logo rly, like it though :)

AlexOC
16-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Logo should just be stuck at the top above the nav, maybe with a darker green background, so there's 3 shades.

iDenning
16-07-2009, 07:39 PM
That's a nice layout, the three icons (feel at home..) look good, and the links at the top look nice.

The footer is a bit plain.
Thanks, i spose once its filled with links or whatever it wont be plain.

Need a logo rly, like it though :)
I will try and make one :)

Logo should just be stuck at the top above the nav, maybe with a darker green background, so there's 3 shades.
I like that idea, +REP i will put it on when the bill has finished :)

Excellent2
16-07-2009, 07:42 PM
You couldn't use this as a hotel layout because its not professional enough. There is no logo and everything is too plain. I'd recommend not using icons on all of your designs.

Fehm
16-07-2009, 07:43 PM
It doesnt look Hotel ish.. It looks like Blog meets hotel makers cheap website, Sorry, my opinion.

iDenning
16-07-2009, 08:01 PM
You couldn't use this as a hotel layout because its not professional enough. There is no logo and everything is too plain. I'd recommend not using icons on all of your designs.
Thanks for the recommendations, i looked at a hotel website, looks the same as mine, its worse, boring and tatty. So mine is professional to the standards of the rest. Im also adding a logo, i posted here for feedback, i got that feedback, i will add it now because the bill has finished :) Thanks

It doesnt look Hotel ish.. It looks like Blog meets hotel makers cheap website, Sorry, my opinion.
Dont be sorry, i wanted feed back, and you gave it, so thank you. Also, same reply to Excellent2 applies to you :)

Excellent2
16-07-2009, 08:03 PM
So mine is professional to the standards of the rest. I beg to differ http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/brand;jsessionid=DSljKfHQzhHshgKMQLLGDVZLQFvlh9TVQ 8HyW6Q1FLp0HDThMvLQ!-1165507417!-1567092797?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=brand_page_homepage

iDenning
16-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I beg to differ http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/brand;jsessionid=DSljKfHQzhHshgKMQLLGDVZLQFvlh9TVQ 8HyW6Q1FLp0HDThMvLQ!-1165507417!-1567092797?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=brand_page_homepage (http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/brand;jsessionid=DSljKfHQzhHshgKMQLLGDVZLQFvlh9TVQ 8HyW6Q1FLp0HDThMvLQ%21-1165507417%21-1567092797?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=brand_page_homepage)
Thats not a hotel, it helps you find them

Update:
http://files.uploadffs.com/d/8894db8c/hotelmaybe2.png

Excellent2
16-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes it is.

AlexOC
16-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Update:

That's looking good, do you think the nav bar is too high?, i'm not sure if it would look better if it was a bit smaller.

Sam
16-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Its too.... empty. I also majorly don't like how you've done the icons. It just doesn't look right. Whether its because they're not aligned right or something, or maybe because the font you've used next to them, it still just looks odd. The logo at the top that you added in the second one isn't particularly good because all you've done is used an icon of a key which doesn't really look like a logo.

The links are okay, and the colours could work, but it just needs more adding to it. It's too basic for a hotel website it looks more like a blog of some sort. Try spicing up the content area or something. Maybe that might help in improving it

:)

Excellent2
16-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Change the colour too.

efq
16-07-2009, 08:29 PM
The Hilton is a hotel. Its just called Hilton Resorts tho

Also, I suggest you correct the spelling such as 'wordwide' on it if your going to look professional.

Calvin
16-07-2009, 08:42 PM
with those icons it looks more like a virtual hotel. Put some real images lol.

iDenning
16-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes it is.
Ok sorry

That's looking good, do you think the nav bar is too high?, i'm not sure if it would look better if it was a bit smaller.
Looks ok :P

Its too.... empty. I also majorly don't like how you've done the icons. It just doesn't look right. Whether its because they're not aligned right or something, or maybe because the font you've used next to them, it still just looks odd. The logo at the top that you added in the second one isn't particularly good because all you've done is used an icon of a key which doesn't really look like a logo.

The links are okay, and the colours could work, but it just needs more adding to it. It's too basic for a hotel website it looks more like a blog of some sort. Try spicing up the content area or something. Maybe that might help in improving it

:)
Thanks and i will take it on board.

Change the colour too.
I like it

Also, I suggest you correct the spelling such as 'wordwide' on it if your going to look professional.
Was watching the bill, didnt pay much attention, thanks :P

with those icons it looks more like a virtual hotel. Put some real images lol.
It doesnt make it look virtual? You need to stay off habbo for abit my friend lol

Thanks for comments, keep them coming!

myke
16-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice, that's not themed to a hotel though! It's way too casual for a hotel.. I'd steer clear of a hotel with a site like that.

RichardKnox
16-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeh.

More images, less icons, better colour scheme and a better structure to the content.
You need to look at, in my opinion, the top hotels in the world to challenge yourself to create something on par with theirs instead of looking for the worst (B&B possibly) website to make you feel better about your design.

William93
17-07-2009, 12:35 PM

And "accomdations".

Skajo
17-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Get rid of the icons and it's poor, and the icons aren't yours.

Sorry but it's a feeble attempt that could be knocked up in a minute.

iDenning
17-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Get rid of the icons and it's poor, and the icons aren't yours.

Sorry but it's a feeble attempt that could be knocked up in a minute.
I never said i made the icons, and i'd like to see you make one in just a minute.

Skajo
17-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I never said i made the icons, and i'd like to see you make one in just a minute.
I never said you did say the icons were yours, I said the icons are the only thing worthy in the layout and they're not yours - hence, the layout is piss poor you've just made it not even half decent by adding some free icons.

If I actually carried on with web development I probably could do that in a minute. It's just a shame that I didn't carry on. I know more about web development than you my friend so don't try to demean me ;).

Excellent2
17-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I never said i made the icons, and i'd like to see you make one in just a minute.That layout is the easy to do. No need to think its something special.

iDenning
17-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I never said you did say the icons were yours, I said the icons are the only thing worthy in the layout and they're not yours - hence, the layout is piss poor you've just made it not even half decent by adding some free icons.

If I actually carried on with web development I probably could do that in a minute. It's just a shame that I didn't carry on. I know more about web development than you my friend so don't try to demean me ;).
It came across like you were saying they were

That layout is the easy to do. No need to think its something special.
didnt say it was, im just asking for feedback, im only a beginner.

Janet Snakehole
17-07-2009, 10:58 PM
looks professional, nice :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!