PDA

View Full Version : Questions For Samsung Pixon Owners

Wayne
18-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Okay, I'm thinking of getting this phone but I've just found out a few potential flaws from a forum, could somebody tell me whether or not these flaws are true or not? Thanks.

- No themes, applications or widgets can be downloaded.
- The phone only has 1 theme.
- Missed calls can not be displayed.
- Poor battery life.
- Calls can not be recorded.
- Floral/bubbled screensaver can not be changed.
- There are bluetooth problems. (Slow transfer)
- Photos look like 4mp and not 8mp.
- You can't do spaces in messages.
- Icons can not be changed.
- Applications from the widget bar can not be removed.
- There is no search function during contact/photo/video listings.

Many thanks in advance, +rep to all answers.

efq
18-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Lol any phone listed with them flaws true or untrue should be a risky buy.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah I know but it might just be somebody with a faulty phone that causes such problems. I think the phone looks great but if any of the above are true, I'll be kind of angry/upset since I really wanted this phone.

Ostinato
18-07-2009, 12:36 PM
pmsl ul b angry :P can just vision you trashing ur room in a fit of rage haha!

I doubt the one about not taking spaces in messages is true lol. Why the hell would samsung suddenly out of all there phones, just choose the expensive pixon not to let you take sapces? LOL

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Lmao Allan. :P

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:24 PM
- No themes, applications or widgets can be downloaded.
you can download widgets but from the samsung website, i think.
- The phone only has 1 theme.
correct.
- Missed calls can not be displayed.
wrong.
- Poor battery life.
wrong.
- Calls can not be recorded.
not sure.
- Floral/bubbled screensaver can not be changed.
correct.
- There are bluetooth problems.
i havent had any problems?
wrong.
- You can't do spaces in messages.
wrong.
- Icons can not be changed.
correct.
- Applications from the widget bar can not be removed.
wrong.
- There is no search function during contact/photo/video listings.
there is on contacts, at the side but its not very usefull.
there isnt any on photos or videos though.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you Jack. :) Is there a search function in music player/music folder?

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:29 PM
no, its really annoying aswell when you want to find a song and you have thousands of songs.
you just have options like; all tracks, playlists, most played, recently added, artists.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:31 PM
So you can't even chose a letter to go to? Also, can you turn the screensaver off?

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:34 PM
on your contacts, you can choose a letter to go too with a little scroll thing at the side but on your music player/music files no you cant you just have to scroll intill you get to the letter you want.
and im not sure about turning the screensaver off, ive tried to do it before but had no luck..

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh right. Say if I had 500 songs then, how long would it take to scroll down to like M for example? I appreciate you answering my questions btw mate. (Y)

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:41 PM
it all depends really. you could have loads of songs starting with B, so it will take longer to go through all them. it does take quite abit though to scroll through them all and another bad thing is you cant scroll up from A to get Z, you have to go through all the alphabet just to get to Z.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:43 PM
That sounds a bit pointless then. Is it quite a responsive phone that doesn't lag?

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:45 PM
mines not that laggy, but it does sometime lag abit but its not that noticeable. i think it copes quite well seeing as i have a 2g memory card init which is nearly full.
are you planning on getting the phone? what the main things you use your phone for?

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:49 PM
My current memory card in my Viewty is 2gb and almost full and it begins to lag a bit because of the full memory card I think. I like a phone that is touch screen, has a good camera/video recording, many good applications, good music player that is fast, nice internet application etc.

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:53 PM
i think the camera on the pixon is amazing and i dont know what most people have been saying about the battery being poor. i went to blackpool the other weekend from friday to monday and forgot my charger. i was still taking loads of pictures/texting/phoning and it only fully ran out on the monday morning.
the headphones that come with it are ****e aswell, blocks most of the sound out so i bought some of my own. id do the same if you like to listen to your music through your phone.
and im not too sure about the applications/internet on the phone because i dont use that, so youd have to ask someone who is clued up on that.
overall, it is a pretty decent phone ill be upgrading soon too a newer one on my contract and im having trouble finding a good replacement for it.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some decent applications to use and yeah I'd get some headphones I think for it. It was either Pixon or Renoir and Renoir lags loads.

Jackk
18-07-2009, 03:58 PM
if its out of them two, id go with the pixon. my mate has a renoir and he said its really laggy but i dont know much about them tbh. the pixon looks nicer than the renoir though haha.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Haha, yeah I think that too. I've found a few websites that have some applications on it that may work on the Pixon. I'll just turn off the screensaver hopefully and I don't mind that much about only being able to use 1 theme. So you think it doesn't lag even though your memory card is almost full, because that's one of the reason I'm getting a new phone.

Jackk
18-07-2009, 04:05 PM
some of the screensavers are kinda girly aswell which is a pain when you put your phone down haha and nope my phone runs fine with the odd lag here and there but nothing major. if your filling up your 2gb memory card, get a bigger one? when i bought my phone i asked the salesmen if there is anything he could add jokingly and he gave me a 2gb memory card. dont get anything if you dont ask ;)

Wayne
18-07-2009, 04:08 PM
LOL, you lucky sod. :P I could get a bigger one yeah, might be better than buying a new phone lol. What widgets are on the Pixon anyway?

Jackk
18-07-2009, 04:18 PM
the pre set ones are as followed;
analogue clock
digital clock
dual clock
calendar
photo
birthday
network info
games
help
top 5
bluetooth
calculator
message inbox
memo
SFC - samsung fun club
message composer
mirror
more widgets - link to download more
google search
weather
these can all go on the tab on your homescreen, you can also drag them onto your wallpaper to use as shortcuts.
i only use compose message on my wallpaper for a shortcut so its not clustered.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 04:23 PM
They sound well good, thanks for taking the time to type those out. :) Is it true that when you turn the phone off, the widgets reset themselves and aren't on the wallpaper?

Jackk
18-07-2009, 04:27 PM
nope, your widgets stay there.

Wayne
18-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all the answers mate. :)

Jackk
18-07-2009, 04:37 PM
anytime dude.

The Professor
18-07-2009, 09:21 PM
I just wanna pick up on one of the flaws you mentioned:

Its one of my pet hates. Megapixel just refers to the size of the photos it takes, so a 10mp camera can take a picture with a resolution of 10 million pixels (3648*2736). A picture of that size is completely useless to anyone unless you're doing really advanced image editing or want to print the picture out on the world's largest piece of paper. An 8mp photo can't look like a 4mp photo because it just refers to the size, and obviously one size can't look like another :P Anything over around 5MP is imperceptible if you're displaying it on anything except the world's largest screen/piece of paper. What really matters is the sensor in the camera and how well it takes in light in various conditions and stuff like that.

Sorry for being picky, it just annoys me that the industry use megapixel as such a buzzword and for the most part its irrelavent :P

Wayne
18-07-2009, 10:48 PM
No worries Alex, thanks for that. :P So 5mp can often look just like 8mp?

The Professor
20-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeha. My omnia has a 5MP camera and it's terrible compared to other cameras; for example my sister's 2MP point and shoot samsung camera thing. It can just shoot bigger pictures.

It isn't totally irrelavent because generally speaking, out of a 2mp camera and a 5mp camera shooting the same sized picture, the 5mp camera should look better because its a higher resolution but when you get above 5mp its imperceptible anyway. But now I'm confusing myself :P

Wayne
20-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Haha, thanks mate. :)

today
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Please dont get Pixon.. My phone no longer tells me i have an ew text, it no longer lights up telling me, i hate the theme so much, i cant stand not being able to search quickly, text messaging is horrible, i hate how the widgets are crap and really no use.

Wayne
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks for that. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!