PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] iPhone 3G

Turbocom
19-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Hey guy,

so my friend decided he would buy a used iPhone 3G. The problem is the phone is really scratched and worn on the back. He asked me if Apple would cover it and give him a new one.

I didn't know what to say so I told him I'd look into it, and that's why I'm asking you :)

So, will Apple cover his scratches?

Josh-H
19-07-2009, 11:01 AM
No that's ridiculous.

He bought it second hand, it's not apples fault someone scratched it.

Monopoly
19-07-2009, 11:04 AM
nooo. they won't.
that's accidental and they don't cover accidental.

mat64
19-07-2009, 02:09 PM
You'll only get it replaced if it's got a manufacturer fault, although Apple have replaced scratched iPhones in the past it's only when this is brought up with something like poor battery life or another similar fault with the iPhone. I don't know how old this 3G is however if it was bought at the release it would be out of the 1 year limit warranty anyway. I don't know how much they are selling they are selling the iPhone for but they'd probably be better getting one that's in good condition, £250 seems to be the current price for a second hand 3G.

Indie-Dan
19-07-2009, 02:22 PM
No, Apple only cover problems caused with the phone while being manufactured such as hardware problems. Cosmetic damage like cracked screens and scratched backs aren't covered as they are accidental damage.

Tim.
19-07-2009, 02:22 PM
When I got my iPhone I also took out insurance on it, the previous owner may have also taken insurance on it - however it's unlikely if he's sold it on with scratches if he had insurance, but depending on how long he's had it you could check with the previous owner just to make sure.

Also - Apple wont replace this. its not a fault on the product, however you they'll most likely do it for a price (Probably wont be worthwhile though compared to the price he paid)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!