PDA

View Full Version : More poll options?

Mentor
22-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Since i've been on a bit of a polling spree of late i keep having trouble when trying to fit the possible results in to just 10 options. For example with my forum ages poll where i've had to group a number of ages together limiting how well it lets people see the forums age groups.

I'm not aware of any real reason for it to be locked down to just 10, so i wanted to ask if the max poll options could be upped to maybe around 20 (or possibly more)

It would just add that little bit more flexibility when creating polls to allow poll creators properly provide the options wanted and sometimes allow them to even take in to account an additional attribute. Anyone else have any thoughts, and is there any chance of this being put in to effect at all?

Sammeth.
22-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't know why there would be a problem raising the limit, although the forum isn't exaclty my speciality so I won't say too much in case there are actual reasons and I look like a fool :P

But it would be nice, cus as you say its difficult to get a proper prospective of things when some options are bungled in together.

Remote
22-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Is it possible to do this? If so great idea :)

today
22-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't know why there would be a problem raising the limit, although the forum isn't exaclty my speciality so I won't say too much in case there are actual reasons and I look like a fool :P

But it would be nice, cus as you say its difficult to get a proper prospective of things when some options are bungled in together.
lmao at your name now. ;')

but yes pls more poll options is needed!!

jackass
22-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I want more poll options too! :(

Mentor
22-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Viva le new poll options?

Does everyone think 20 sounds like a good number to aim for? To much, or for somethings possibly still to little? 20 was kinda first though, but i didnt think far beyoned that scope would really ever get used "/

Meanies
22-07-2009, 10:21 PM
10 is a bit small for some topics, but 20 may be a bit too many? There can't really be any harm in upping it though for those who need that many

Arch
23-07-2009, 03:04 AM
I think 20 sounds about right, 'cos im not sure
that many polls would need to involve over 20?
but i dunno would be good although i never make polls:P

nvrspk4
23-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Personally I think 10 is a good amount and 20 will lead to people doing excessive polling. I think once you hit the number 20 it stops being a vote and starts becoming a discussion instead :P

Blinger1
23-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Seriously, after you stop making polls, how many times is someone going to use more then ten options?

Suspective
23-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Its not really on useage, as its there if people need the extra options.

Mentor
23-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Personally I think 10 is a good amount and 20 will lead to people doing excessive polling. I think once you hit the number 20 it stops being a vote and starts becoming a discussion instead :P
Just because theres the option of 20 doesn't mean people will necessarily use them, it just means there's the flexibility to do so when needed, an increase even to 15 or just 12 would still help out with quite a few polls; take this one for example: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=591834

In that i've had to combine 17/18 and 19/20 in order to fit in the options needed, having just two more poll options would have allowed it to be split properly "/

A spam poll is spam regardless of how many options they add so i dont see the downside really "/ Plus polls often involve a discussion anyway, the poll part just lets everyone see what the overall opinions of people coming to the thread is.

nvrspk4
23-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Just because theres the option of 20 doesn't mean people will necessarily use them, it just means there's the flexibility to do so when needed, an increase even to 15 or just 12 would still help out with quite a few polls; take this one for example: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=591834

In that i've had to combine 17/18 and 19/20 in order to fit in the options needed, having just two more poll options would have allowed it to be split properly "/

A spam poll is spam regardless of how many options they add so i dont see the downside really "/ Plus polls often involve a discussion anyway, the poll part just lets everyone see what the overall opinions of people coming to the thread is.

What polls did you have with 20 options? :P

Mentor
23-07-2009, 10:19 PM
What polls did you have with 20 options? :P

Always fun to split things by gender / age additionally :p Primarily just so its their if it were needed, i imagine around 12 would be my most common usage, possibly around 15. But 20 gives the flexibility in case i got a really long one :p

nvrspk4
23-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Idk my personal opinion is that 20 is a bit excessive :P I know you want it to be there in the case you need it but I feel like it'd lead to excessive amounts of options :P

Mentor
23-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Idk my personal opinion is that 20 is a bit excessive :P I know you want it to be there in the case you need it but I feel like it'd lead to excessive amounts of options :P

I would say i do find 10 a bit restrictive, if you think 20 is to many though, how about 15? Kinda the middle group, but does offer more flexibility, plus isnt as dramatic an increase as to 20 :)

GommeInc
23-07-2009, 11:31 PM
15 sounds like a decent number, might as well take the happy middle option :) 10 can be restrictive, and I doubt people would go crazy making polls with 15 options, if anything it'll be like the unfiltering of some words where it becomes a craze for about a month and dies down :/

Sammeth.
24-07-2009, 10:14 AM
15 sounds like a decent number, might as well take the happy middle option :) 10 can be restrictive, and I doubt people would go crazy making polls with 15 options, if anything it'll be like the unfiltering of some words where it becomes a craze for about a month and dies down :/
Oh I never even thought of doing that till you just put the idea in my head. :(

e5
24-07-2009, 10:16 AM
It will max out the space too much at the top when a poll is given, but oh well, can't hurt anyone...

Mentor
27-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Just wondering if there any chance of this coming about, 15 or even just 12 poll options would be a great help to the forums poll makers :P

nvrspk4
27-07-2009, 08:28 PM
DAMNIT this is another one I forgot.

I have a notebook made on the forum and I don't even use it properly :eusa_wall

Plank
27-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Here is another example

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=592277

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!