PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] iPhone 3G

Turbocom
22-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Guys,

so where I work there is a new benefit that if you have been working there for a period of time you are entitled to being placed on the companies phone list and having service paid for.

I recently merged over to this and we can get an iphone 3G were we only have to pay a deposit of $125 and after three months we get that back.

So I went a head with this and I got my 3G in the mail, and I had to wait 2 weeks until my service went through to the company's phone provider. I was really excited to get my iPhone I decided to unlock it to work with any provider.

I used Redsn0w to unlock the 3.0 firmware it worked perfectly, but I didn't want Cydia so I went into

Settings > General > Reset > Reset iPhone to factory settings

I did that and then it was doing it's thing and I went to sleep because it was late and it was going to take awhile. This morning I woke up and I turned it on and it showed the dead battery, so I plugged it in. Maybe 10 minutes later I see the apple logo and then it just disappears.

I've tried using Redsn0w to get my iPhone to turn on and I know redSn0w isn't successful like the first time I did it because I'm not seeing the quickpwn logo.

Anyways, my iPhone isn't turning on and I need help seeing how the phone really isn't mine yet.

Recursion
22-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Google for DFU mode, put your iPhone into it and restore through iTunes.

Turbocom
23-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Google for DFU mode, put your iPhone into it and restore through iTunes.
Works perfect, thanks! + Rep

now I'm using Internet tethering :)

Dave,
23-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Moral of the story........don't jailbreak your iPhone, it isn't worth the hassle.

mat64
23-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Moral of the story........don't jailbreak your iPhone, it isn't worth the hassle.
Yes it is. If you do it right you won't have any problems and it allows you to do so much more once you've done so. I'd find my phone useless if it wasn't jailbroken as I wouldn't be able to unlock it.

What was wrong with leaving Cydia on anyway? You need to use it to install ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone. If it was bothering you, you could have just hidden it.

MeRkAgE
24-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Lol worst post of the year goes to you mate. It's not hard to jailbreak, takes 2 minutes of time if you know what you're doing. Free apps, themes, movies etc, and you say its not worth the hassle? HAHA

StefanWolves
24-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Dave. doesn't know what he is on about, lol, don't listen to him, can't get MyWi to work! at all! so annoying! I paid $10 for it too! :@

Dave,
24-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes I know nothing. Everyone I know with an iPhone/iPod Touch including myself think that jailbreaking is more toruble than its worth.

And I am allowed my opinion so please do not tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Recursion
24-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I've managed to persuade even my net tarded friend to jailbreak his iPod and hes extremely happy with it so meh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!