PDA

View Full Version : [HW] - Recently I read...

Mickword
23-07-2009, 05:23 PM
http://phfm.co.cc/newimages/Habbpedia%20Logo.png

Recently I read on the HabboxForum about the fact or idea of a website like Wikipedia and modelled after Habbo.

So I found a website called www.Habbopedia.de (www.Habbopedia.de) On there it is a website like a Habbo Wikipedia and I saw who it was made by, I won't go into that now.

And I downloaded it, anyway I am now going to make a Habbo Wikipedia, I am going to call it Habbpedia, unlike www.Habbopedia.de (www.Habbopedia.de) I am going to make this website about ALL Habbo (that speak English, until I can change the language of it) Hotels.

The website will be about Habbo History, Sulake History and Information. Plus, about Habbo Fansites and Versions, with Habbox leading it.

I was wondering if you like the idea of it, please just leave it below. Thank you!

Mickword,
Owner of Habbpedia.

Suspective
23-07-2009, 05:25 PM
It won't load
Who made it?

Immenseman
23-07-2009, 05:25 PM
that site you linked us to doesn't work for me?

anyway, it's a good idea. good luck.

Mickword
23-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, soz ill find it now :P.

EDIT: Yeah it is the right link, Google must of been down of something, like some websites go down for some minutes.

Mickword
23-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Ok, the site is back up - http://www.habbopedia.de/ soz to bump.

Ardemax
23-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd like the ideas of that, but I must warn you, it's a hell of a lot to do by yourself, think of making a team.

Mickword
24-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah I will soon, after I upload the files to the host, it takes ages. Applications will be open soon!

JACKTARD
24-07-2009, 10:39 PM
it would be good to do if you have alot of time on your hands

Jordan:A
24-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Goood luck with it
Dont forget the good and bad staff we've had

Mickword
24-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah I wont, more info on that soon though!

syko2006
25-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Good luck! This will take more than a couple of weeks worth of work! Lol. :)

Black_Apalachi
26-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Yay you're doing my idea :D. I saw that website actually when I was looking to see if it had been done. At least there's no decent English one yet.

I'd like the ideas of that, but I must warn you, it's a hell of a lot to do by yourself, think of making a team.

No no noooo why does nobody understand the concept of a Wiki???

The idea is that someone sets it up, then like most Wikis, visitors write the articles. All that is needed are a handful of Mods to supervise (deleting inappropriate articles etc).

I'm not sure how Wikipedia itself manages to avoid anything inappropriate or inaccurate getting through, maybe just a really big team of Mods lol. But yeah, any inaccurate info would just be tagged with one of those "citation may need revising" notes.

Or when an article is submitted, it might have to be approved before it is published. I think that's the best idea actually.

Honeslty, there's no point attempting this with the aim of doing all/most of it by yourself - especially it you're tackling all English-speaking hotels. I was only thinking of doing it for the UK for now instead of diving in at the deep end :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!