PDA

View Full Version : HTC Magic review

Middlesbrough
24-07-2009, 02:56 AM
http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/htc-magic.jpg
Yeah, received my HTC Magic a few weeks ago, I feel its a great phone - In my opinion the only phone that comes close to the quality of my iPhone. With it being Googles G2, they've made a few updates but also kept alot of the software, they have removed the keyboard which I thought would be a bit of a downfall, but the on-screen keyboard is incredibly easy to use.

Just to talk a bit further about the screen, It's incredibly responsive but if you have sweaty hands it's really hard to use. Nothing else really for the touch screen, it was really responsive and I find it fluent to use.

Well from upgrading from the G1 it has obviously lost the touch screen, the phone is about an inch less bulky now and slightly smaller length wise, another thing is the internet speed, from my friends G1 it seems so much faster, unfortunately they haven't done anything thats overly-changed from the G1 software except ofcourse the 'Cupcake' update.

Now down to the bad points, the main let-down for me was the small ammount of software change from the G1, having no multimedia bluetooth is a let-down. At the end of the day I feel the android operating is still great but for unknown reasons I prefer the HTC Magic from my iPhone, mainly because i have to get used to it on this contract, haha.

But all-in-all, Great smartphone - The android operating system I have fell in love with, I feel its simpler and more effective than the iPhone system. Another good note is that it is a Mini-USB charger, USB lead etc. So it's easy to find spare things from eBay without it being HTC branded.

Right but thats the review - Mark.

Recursion
24-07-2009, 07:09 AM
It's very very much like the G1, basically is the G1 but without a keyboard now that we have Cupcake, you'll realise how great it is once you get a load of apps installed xD

The Professor
24-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I saw one in the wild yesterday :D I've only ever seen a G1 in the wild once.

Glad you like it :)

Recursion
24-07-2009, 02:44 PM
You should look around the XDA-Developer forums and gain root access on it, it's basically like jailbreaking on the iPod/iPhone. I just installed the HTC Hero ROM and it's kick ass!

Middlesbrough
24-07-2009, 06:14 PM
You should look around the XDA-Developer forums and gain root access on it, it's basically like jailbreaking on the iPod/iPhone. I just installed the HTC Hero ROM and it's kick ass!

Thanks for that, I'm new to the android so I will check it out :)
EDIT: Looking round the forum, daren't do anything like that as when i had my LG Viewty i got the 'Yellow Screen of Death', Also i have no insurance on the phone so, yeah.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!