PDA

View Full Version : Boderlands

Neil
24-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I heard about this game a while back, admittedly I only heard the name and never really looked anything up for it, then a trailer caught my attention "87 Bazillion Guns" I was thinking well that sounds interesting, as it turns out the game is an RPG FPS, it has the same style of graphics as Crackdown and appears to have the same general game play as "Serious Sam" on the xbox, I looked up on the internet and apparently the game contains various "generators" which allow certain things to change every play through, two things caught my eye, a system that allows random guns to be created, the developers boast at that the game has at least 650,000 different guns through all sorts of variations, such as a handgun that fires missiles, the other thing that caught my eye was that the game appears to also generate enemies, so one enemy will have different abilities every time you fight them, the game does look very promising, didn't see many posts about it on here so yea, here is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgeo84IP3HU

Edit - Also it's 4-player co-op. xD

Jord
24-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I made a thread about this befor :D

Its like Fallout 3 :)

I cant wait to get it

Neil
24-07-2009, 07:45 PM
It's nothing like fallout 3! Why do people say this?! It's not even close, if anything it's like Serious Sam, in fact it pretty much is Serious Sam but with a levelling system and thousands of guns.

ItsDave
24-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Never heard of it. Thanks for posting, gonna watch the video now.

Edit; Looks ok, sort of screams out for one type of audience. Looks like the kind of game I'd like to rent out first before making any decision, but overall doesn't look amazing.

Jord
25-07-2009, 11:03 AM
It's nothing like fallout 3! Why do people say this?! It's not even close, if anything it's like Serious Sam, in fact it pretty much is Serious Sam but with a levelling system and thousands of guns.

Its set out like the wasteland, The guns are like fallout 3 guns, Scrap metal put together to be like a gun, You can go anywhere

Its RPG And FPS

So it is kind of like fallout.

Skajo
25-07-2009, 11:26 AM
It screams £29.99 release price.

Jord
25-07-2009, 11:28 AM
£5 Cheaper or £10 then most games when new.

Jam
25-07-2009, 03:03 PM
It screams £29.99 release price.

To later be discounted to about £12.99 when it doesn't sell.

today
25-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Too true, and even then fail.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!