PDA

View Full Version : Help Laptop PROBELM! Sony Vaio [+Rep] possibly payment

Madox
25-07-2009, 03:48 PM
One night i dropped my laptop on the floor bya accident so i thoguht id call it a nigth and switch it off so the next moring i turned it on and i just loaded up but beforing loading up the vista blue screen with welocme screen the screen went black and it will stay tehre forever (i left on fro 1day) also the mouse seems bigger than usual so all; u can see is the black sreen and a large mouse, my father works closeley with ppl who fix computers he asked the man and he reckons it needs a new hard driver, then he came up with the suggestion that hed try run windows xp on it and see if it workks when you try do this it says NO INTERNAL HARD DRIVE FOUND. i looked at the BOIS mneu and it says Drive 0 : 300GB and DRIVE 1: - , can anyone help do i need a new hardrive? or can i do something without me forking out the cash for a new one and no i sdont have insurence :S coz i thoguht illd be careful but i wasnt and i have 1.50 on paypal ill send it to the person which helps me get the computer up and running again thanks!

-Madox

regrettably
25-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I do not want the money, but it does sound like you need a new hard drive. If you dropped the laptop when it was working, then it is almost certain that the hard drive is toast.

Yoshimitsui
25-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Have you contacted the support team from Sony at all to atleast see what they say?

today
25-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I drop mine everynight nearly lol..
I've cracked the case which holds the screen in place in each corner and even have fuzzy black bits in the corner now.. Butt it still works lol, i've never had no probs with hard drive though.. Contact sony (:

Recursion
25-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Open up the HDD bay and make sure it is plugged in first, it may just have come loose.

Jam
25-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I hate my VAIO, problem after problem. Anyways, I took mine to the shop I got it from and they sent if off to Sony for me. Although the Blu Ray has been bust since purchase, so its taking some time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!