PDA

View Full Version : What's the rule these days for a Rare to be classed as Super?

Black_Apalachi
26-07-2009, 01:23 AM
I was about to comment in this thread, http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=5946049#post5946049 but realised it was against the rules hence this thread lol.

I was just thinking, when the Throne, Holopod and Samovar were categorised under Habbox's Normal Rares, the reason was because although they had not been released in the catalogue, they had been widely distributed. As these are now classed as Supers, is this because a Super is now anything that has not been released regardless of quantity in circulation?

The case of the Orange Sleeping Bag raises the issue I think. I think it's more logical the way Habbox had it originally which was effectively; 'a Super is an item that has not been released nor had a considerable amount distributed'.

The again, the Red (and Black) Laser is under Normal Rares because it was available for anyone to purchase, as is the Pink Pillar I notice. So I'm kind of confused, things seem to be conflicting... :P

Kieeran
26-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Ive always considered supers as not being released in catalogue but the way habbo release rares now its crazy.

-:Undertaker:-
26-07-2009, 01:29 AM
It is now cannot be bought directly we say, as that is better. The issue came up with the conflict between Habbo Club and Pay Day Plus rares which are so similar yet were in totally different sections. To class a rare based on quantity is stupid as many rares would keep swapping as more were sold off by bulk owners/over time some will become more rare and some will become more common and that would mean items swapping constantly.

It is much better now and has certainly cleaned up the supers page more.

Black_Apalachi
26-07-2009, 01:32 AM
It is now cannot be bought directly we say, as that is better. The issue came up with the conflict between Habbo Club and Pay Day Plus rares which are so similar yet were in totally different sections. To class a rare based on quantity is stupid as many rares would keep swapping as more were sold off by bulk owners/over time some will become more rare and some will become more common and that would mean items swapping constantly.

It is much better now and has certainly cleaned up the supers page more.

So by directly, you mean like the Laser Gates; you just went to the shop, paid 15 quid and got it? Then is PayDay Plus considered indirectly, as you have to wait for whatever amount of months and the rares are random-ish, so I am led to believe?

Orrrrr are all the PayDay rares under Normal? (I don't know which rares they are tbh).

26-07-2009, 03:17 AM
So by directly, you mean like the Laser Gates; you just went to the shop, paid 15 quid and got it? Then is PayDay Plus considered indirectly, as you have to wait for whatever amount of months and the rares are random-ish, so I am led to believe?

Orrrrr are all the PayDay rares under Normal? (I don't know which rares they are tbh).

As in you pay for a service to get the rare, the rare is part of that service. It presents problems with Funky Friday but is the best solution we have. Pay Day Plus has a set gift order, first being Blue Cotton Pillow and the latest one is the Pink Marble Pillar.

Basically if you can't pay for something with real money, its a super.

ashyboy999
26-07-2009, 07:33 PM
i disagree with payday being like habbo club its almost downgrades an offer which is very exclusive unless your over 18.

habbo club cost you 20 habbo credits a month whilst payday plus you cannot do without a credit or debit card. if your over 18 you use you own but under. i dont think many parents would be prepared to pay £5 per month for 18 months for basically pixels in an evironment where scamming is always rife. endor smokes cherry icms are still not in huge huge numbers.

i too thought catalogue rares wernt supers but cant be so because ecotron was catalogue furni. penguin trophy is super rare LOL!. there is a whole lot more dino, birdbaths, nellys than there is lasers, payday rares etc. i dont understand the logic behind the value categories anymore.
i certainly dont understand why its in hcs not thrones.

who has 950 hc sofas spare in their hand?

26-07-2009, 07:40 PM
You pay for the two with real money to buy it, hence they are the same. The only difference being that Pay Day Plus rares are higher at this moment because the Pay Day Plus scheme is newer than Habbo Club, the Electric Butler used to be 20.0 CS remember.

You are only allowed to buy credits anyway if you have asked the billpayers permission, the billpayer being over 18 of course. As for those examples you gave of the classic supers, they were released by accident. Cherry Ice Cream Machine may be rare now, but the Electric Butler once was and the Yellow Solarium is getting rarer so the rarity argument doesn't really exist.

As for Club Sofas, many now pay in Club Sofas especially as the Throne is beginning to overtake a lot of super rares, and supers are still valued in Thrones if you hover over the item. :)

Suspective
26-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Habbo just re-release alott of rares which are coming up in value. Pointless really.

Ajthedragon
26-07-2009, 08:40 PM
A super rare is usually an un-released rare or a limited edition rare given out via cash deals or campaigns in smaller numbers (such as V-guitar in Camp Rock).

But I agree in that loyalty rares should be classed as normal rares.

Black_Apalachi
26-07-2009, 10:13 PM
OK I think I get it :P.

27-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Basically its;

A rare which cannot be bought with real cash, exceptions being mistake-releases. The Loyalty Gifts match this description, therefore they are supers no matter how cheap and nasty you may think them. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!