PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on games Annually?

Clowgon
26-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't really know tbh, i've had a ps2 for the last 3 years or so i didn't really bought games, well i didn't buy any.

Well, now, i'm hoping to get a ps3, i've already to bought two games, which in total came up to £45ish and there's some other games, like MAG, PES 10, maybe Fifa that i will be getting on later this year.

So that's about £120 for the upcoming games, adding on to the £45 that I've already spent, it's a lot of money if you think about it..

and sure many ppl buy games the day it comes out and on average, games are like £34,99 and ppl buy a few for the year so it's quite lot, for some.. :eusa_danc

I usually wait for a week or so and buy it off Amazon, as you can get used/new games slashed by a tenner if your lucky.

Jackk
26-07-2009, 01:39 PM
i rent my games, 15 quid a month from lovefilm.
only buy games if they are really good and/or have a good replay value.

Meanies
26-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I only buy 2/3 myself and then get a load at christmas or birthday and random ones bought for me through the year:P

Skajo
26-07-2009, 01:45 PM
A lot .

Usually around 10 new releases a year, that's £400 plus a few older games.

About £500 p/year I'd say.

Technologic
26-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Last year over £600 this year, due to exams and stuff about £80. Plan to splash out a bit soon though

AlexOC
26-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Only buy about 5 games a year, tend to play them for ages then get bored and not use my ps3.

So about £230

Clowgon
26-07-2009, 01:50 PM
i rent my games, 15 quid a month from lovefilm.
only buy games if they are really good and/or have a good replay value.

£15.00pm for rent games, is lot don't you think?

If you wait a month, you probably could get the game for £15.00 :P

A lot .

Damuhmmm. That's a lot. :O

Jam
26-07-2009, 01:51 PM
A lot .

Last year somwhere around that, but this year (so far) minus games payed for entirely with trade-in, about £100.

Skajo
26-07-2009, 01:56 PM
If we're counting trade-in as minus then about £60.

ItsDave
26-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't get a PS3. Developers are choosing the Xbox 360 for their games and its better value for money and is kinda a better system.

But back to the subject, anually? It differs because of the games that come out each year get better and better, but last year I brought about 3, so thats £120, or £119.97. But this years brilliant and hope to get a lot more but I think I've only brought 1 this year so far but towards Christmas time, alot more Games I'm likely to buy so £160?

RandomManJay
26-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Normally it would be around £15-£30 depending on the game and how much I wanted it. I don't get games often, just when I like the look of a game I get it.

PaulMacC
26-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Including gaming headsets, live subscriptions, games. The headset Im getting soon enough is £250, I buy around 5-10 games a year depending wether I like the games that come out that year. I usually get collectors editions of them aswell so I'd say about £500-600 quid this year plus live subscriptions would be £650.

Bouncing
26-07-2009, 04:15 PM
not much really, ive only had my ps3 a year and this year on games i've spent around 200.. or less some games were in the sale..

Jackk
26-07-2009, 04:33 PM
£15.00pm for rent games, is lot don't you think?

If you wait a month, you probably could get the game for £15.00 :P

its unlimited rentals per month and i can usually complete games within 3-4 days, so it is kinda worth it.
its also good for games that arent worth buying but you want to play them.

Niall!
26-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Buy games? You make me laugh.

Pirate.

Skajo
26-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Pirate.
No.

Games are worth the money. I completely disagree with you pirating console games. Films aren't worth the money. Music isn't worth the money. Games are.

26-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Ive only spent about $120 this year. Always goes up around november/december. but than I get them for christmas so yeah..

Andeeh
26-07-2009, 07:52 PM
i bought like 3 games this year all old ones so not much tbh a few new releases in this last quarter i want so probably about £150 :)

Suck
26-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm probably like these guys and that I spend about £400-500 which equals about £500-600 as I get discount from working in the store. Wages go in, wages go out back to the company, heh. Clever system they have there.

cocaine
26-07-2009, 08:24 PM
i havent bought any games this year. but last year i bouight about 5 games, so probs £100+?

Alkaz
26-07-2009, 08:29 PM
about £30. Only ever brought one game, that was this year and it was the Sims 3 and that was £30.

dbgtz
26-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Hardcore gamer ^^ lols.
I probs buy like 2-5 of my own games and the rest i get for xmas.

Clowgon
26-07-2009, 09:09 PM

Pirate.

Why do you pirate games? :S If you can't afford to buy the games then why bother buy the ps3? :S

That's my opinion... The worse thing that could happen is that your console will be blocked totally. I don't think you would want that?

If i was to make pirated PS3 games now and play it on my PS3, when I download the latest firmware updates, I won't be able to play again my pirated games. Sony is constantly updating game security codes which will render pirated games useless esp if a game requires a patch to be downloaded before you will be able to play it. This is the main reason for incorporating internet on PS3... it's not for our benefit but for the benefit of game developers and Sony themselves. To constantly monitor our systems for piracy.

It's a waste of time, especially for the hackers, who make these' cd's considering for a burner 2 - $400 dollars, bandwidth... it's a total nonsense and a waste of time, considering firmware updates are regularly..

GommeInc
26-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm guessing under £100 for the last year (now and 26/07/08). I rarely buy console games at the moment. I only get them as presents :) If anything decent appears for the Wii or PS3, then maybe, but at the moment the Sims 3 is keeping me busy, and that was only £44ish pounds (or lower, can't remember).

Mint
27-07-2009, 12:24 AM
I get around 20 games a year but at some point I trade ALL of them in for new games which last for quite a while. Then I go and buy more.

Niall!
27-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Why do you pirate games? :S If you can't afford to buy the games then why bother buy the ps3? :S

That's my opinion... The worse thing that could happen is that your console will be blocked totally. I don't think you would want that?

If i was to make pirated PS3 games now and play it on my PS3, when I download the latest firmware updates, I won't be able to play again my pirated games. Sony is constantly updating game security codes which will render pirated games useless esp if a game requires a patch to be downloaded before you will be able to play it. This is the main reason for incorporating internet on PS3... it's not for our benefit but for the benefit of game developers and Sony themselves. To constantly monitor our systems for piracy.

It's a waste of time, especially for the hackers, who make these' cd's considering for a burner 2 - $400 dollars, bandwidth... it's a total nonsense and a waste of time, considering firmware updates are regularly..

If you can't afford to buy CDs, why bother getting a CD player.

lBlue
27-07-2009, 02:23 AM

Urgh you speak garbage. The PS3 hasn't been cracked, modded, flashed - whatever you want to call it. Nobody has found out how to.

Anyway, I get forty games a year and spend £100.

Mint
27-07-2009, 02:53 AM
If you can't afford to buy CDs, why bother getting a CD player.

A CD player? I think I saw one of those on the antiques road show.

Niall!
27-07-2009, 10:26 AM
A CD player? I think I saw one of those on the antiques road show.

Figure of speech smartguy. I pirate games and I refuse point blank to pay for something I can get for free. The idea is laughable.

Also, if you think the industry is going to die soon is a good reason, then think again. Just look at everyone in this thread paying so they can make games I can get for free. Thanks guys.

Maczorx
27-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I get maybe 4 or 5 games a year so..

ecstasy
27-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I get maybe 4 or 5 games a year so..

Same, so about £160-£200

Greed
27-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I have only spent 40 bucks on one game this entire year. For Fatal Frame III (that series is hard to get, defo under $40. I think that was my first game I bought in like 2 years, since all the games I played, I rented them for free. (free game rentals after buying my Wii) But I know I'll be buying Tatsunoko VS Capcom and maybe Darkside Chronicles.

dbgtz
27-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Figure of speech smartguy. I pirate games and I refuse point blank to pay for something I can get for free. The idea is laughable.

Also, if you think the industry is going to die soon is a good reason, then think again. Just look at everyone in this thread paying so they can make games I can get for free. Thanks guys.

If everyone was like you the industry would be dead. Everyone could say "oh i could get it for free", do it and then no gaming developers would get cash and eventually go bankrupt. Then what would you say lol. The only games pointless to buy are like ones you can do irl or like pacman.

If its movies and cds then they get money from different ways. Cinemas, concerts etc. So it is alot different.

Also if alistair bigeyebrows/gordon bruwwn are right we need to put money in the economy.

Niall!
29-07-2009, 11:24 AM
If everyone was like you the industry would be dead. Everyone could say "oh i could get it for free", do it and then no gaming developers would get cash and eventually go bankrupt. Then what would you say lol. The only games pointless to buy are like ones you can do irl or like pacman.

If its movies and cds then they get money from different ways. Cinemas, concerts etc. So it is alot different.

Also if alistair bigeyebrows/gordon bruwwn are right we need to put money in the economy.

Because there will always be idiots that aren't able to pirate.

Lost_Addict
29-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Alot..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!