PDA

View Full Version : Forensic Scientist Qualification Needs

JACKTARD
27-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Im in year 10 and i know/think what i'll be taking at 6th form; Geography, French, Biology, Chemistry. I enjoy all of these subjects. I havent looked into university courses much at all but i think what i need is a Bio-Chemistry course?

Just wanted to know if anyone had any further information on what qualifications i need or if this would be fine?

LoveToStack
27-07-2009, 09:16 PM
You can take a courses solely on Forensic Science, I think Edinburgh offer one, but you'd be better with a Bio-Chemistry course because you'll have many more options that way, even if you are set on forensic science atm.

efq
27-07-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.connexions-direct.com/jobs4u/index.cfm?pid=61&catalogueContentID=615&render=detailedArticle

NeonChains
28-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm away to uni to study forensic science this year :D

The qualifications you need vary really from place to place, in Scotland you could get into the course with just a pass at bio or chem, other courses asked for at least a B and English at standard grade, some wanted A's.
I'm sure its pretty similar in England/wales too, as long as you've got biology and/or chemistry you should be fine.

luce
28-07-2009, 08:37 AM
My cousin did a degree in maths when she left school and she is now back in Uni doing this (can't spell it so i won't even try) I have no idea what she did at A level but because she got first class maths from Oxford she would have got in i think. I looked into studying this but then decided not to i think you would be safe doing 2 science math and another subject to show you have a broader knowlage other then science. I know law schools like an A level which is completely detached to law or the skills needed to do it.

Sam
24-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Well i aspire to be a forensic scientist. I'm not 100% sure when it comes to uni but i know for college i'm taking:

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Photography

Eight.
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought their was like more little jobs in Forensic Science, I was thinking of doing this. Like you got ones that work on crime scene and in labs. am really good in Science. IS the job fun?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!