PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3

luce
28-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Should i get it or not i'm going into town in like 10 minutes. Is it any good i know most my friends love it but i spoke to Roxy on msn and she said most her hate it and tried to sells theirs on again??

GommeInc
28-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Hard to say, you've got to remember not to compare it too much to the Sims 2, because otherwise that's like saying "I don't like change" and you're stupid for getting it if you want it to be exactly the same as Sims 2. There have been some issues for some people, but Sims 2 also had waaay more problems when that first came out.

I like itbecause you can see your Sims go off to work, place items at angles, make food and grow ingredients for it (fish can be caught too). The main problem, or problems that seem to be mentioned alot, are with two options:

- Story Progression
- Enabled Aging.

Basically, story progression is when neighbours and other Sims in your neighbourhood live out their lives - get jobs, marry etc. Enabled aging when Sims in your neighbourhood as well as the ones your playing with age over time.

Enabled aging sounds good at first, but it makes it difficult to make a story using the whole neighbourhood in the limited amount of time (you can change the aging settings so that they can live short to long lives in the options menu, but they're not long enough). Of course this is bias, but I'd rather only the Sims on the lot I am playing with age, so I can play with other families/lots and see them age too, rather than swap between the two just to make sure they don't age.

Other than that, it's cool watching your Sims drive off to work so you can follow them, hang out in random places in town (Riverview is good with it's compact town area) and there are alot of quirky awards and statuses, like celebrity status which can be earned or rock star status (I think?) where your guitar playing Sim earns fame through their talent and is loved by most people (it's shown off in the trailers, with the male rockstar getting driven off to the Theatre :).

Oh yeah, you can attend concerts and movies at the theatre, and go to the Spa :) You can't see what happens, but it's something compared to nothing :P

Wayne
28-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I didn't like it that much so I sold mine on eBay yesterday haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!