PDA

View Full Version : Animation Pack 1 28-Jul-2009

Orangeesh
28-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Recent additions to the RuneScape engine have allowed us to make some improvements to the game’s animations.

As you can see by the heading, this release is called Animation Pack 1, as this will be an ongoing project. These improvements will take time, however, so we have grouped the animations that we're improving into packs, so we can release them as we complete them, rather than keeping you waiting.

This pack focuses on some of the most popular melee weapons and their animations (abyssal whip, the godswords, Zamorakian spear, Saradomin sword, Dharok’s axe, and dragon and rune longswords and scimitars), tweening (animation smoothing), and updates to the Agility animations.
We hope you enjoy these updates as much as we've enjoyed creating them; make sure to keep an eye out for future animation updates.

For a more in-depth look at these improvements, check out this recent dev blog (http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=15&page=1). It takes you through the process in more detail.

Mod Paul B
RuneScape Lead Animator

xpro25
28-07-2009, 01:51 PM
i already posted before it came out

Orangeesh
28-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeh you posted about the update.

Ive just posted what was said in the update.

xpro25
28-07-2009, 02:09 PM
still pointless i told them it was coming 3 mintues later system update 10mintues. basicly the same your post i guess could count as spam. as all you did was copy and paste you not actually told me anything. you did not re write put your own poitn of view in and quote it. you just copyed it i would want to read it on homepage.

You should post below but with your own comments and quote it etc... not jsut copy nd paste (else jsut a pointless post, if this issue had already been posted which i had done)

Thanks Gl

Post edited by iAdam (Forum Moderator); Please do not tell others they have broken the rules.

Orangeesh
28-07-2009, 02:20 PM
wow didnt know you cared so much.

So what I copied the post just saves people time so they can read it here if they want too.

scottish
28-07-2009, 02:29 PM
the update was planned ages ago it was in dev's so who really cares if you posted before it was updated, you didn't tell us what exactly what was updated.

also it was probs posted on runescape official forums so ye. who cares if you posted before it was announced l0l

TonyBest
28-07-2009, 02:33 PM
The following has been changed:
Rune Scimmy
Abby Whip
Rune Longsowrd
Dragon 2H
Saradomin Sword
Also all icons for the weapons listed above have changed

Lunar Spellbook recieved an update and so did Ancients (only the teleport spells on Ancient)

Orangeesh
28-07-2009, 02:35 PM
The following has been changed:
Rune Scimmy
Abby Whip
Rune Longsowrd
Dragon 2H
Saradomin Sword
Also all icons for the weapons listed above have changed

Lunar Spellbook recieved an update and so did Ancients (only the teleport spells on Ancient)

I like the new whip but I dont like the new scims.

scottish
28-07-2009, 02:36 PM
you forgot a bunch of weapons

godswords, dragon scimi (i think every scimi?), etc

abyssal whip, the godswords, Zamorakian spear, Saradomin sword, Dharok’s axe, and dragon and rune longswords and scimitars), tweening (animation smoothing), and updates to the Agility animations.

Arch
28-07-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah i think its every scim and every long not sure, i only checked rune / drag :P

TonyBest
28-07-2009, 07:35 PM
you forgot a bunch of weapons

godswords, dragon scimi (i think every scimi?), etc

Whoops guess i did forget some :P

And no not all scimmys got updated i think

Bodom
29-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Dont really nkow what they were thinking when they changed the whip's inventory look..

scottish
29-07-2009, 09:13 PM
looks fit now.

TonyBest
29-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Inventory icon has to look similar to the actual item itself

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!