PDA

View Full Version : All British Troops Forced To Leave Iraq

efq
28-07-2009, 01:58 PM
All British troops in Iraq have been forced to leave the country because their permission to stay has run out.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Jun/Week4/15316728.jpg It is unclear when British forces will be allowed back into Iraq

Between 100 and 150 members of the armed forces have been temporarily relocated to Kuwait.
The vast majority of British forces have already left Iraq, but several were supposed to stay behind to train the new Iraqi navy and protect Iraq's territorial waters.
A mandate allowing British troops to stay in Iraq expires on July 31 and the Iraqi Parliament has not yet passed its third reading.
A vote on the new pact has been blocked several times in recent weeks by opposition from lawmakers close to leading Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who reject the presence of any foreign troops.
Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth has told his Tory shadow Liam Fox that troops could be out of Iraq until late September, due to the Iraq parliamentary recess and religious fasting period of Ramadan.
The Iraqi Parliament adjourned on Monday until the end of Ramadan, around September 20.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said in a blog: "While this delay is unfortunate, we are continuing to seek a solution with the Iraqi Government that will provide our forces with the sound legal basis they need.
"We must respect the Iraqi democratic processes."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/British-Troops-In-Iraq-Are-Moved-To-Kuwait-Because-They-Do-Not-Have-Permission-To-Stay/Article/200907415348035?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15348035_British_Troops_In_Iraq_Are_Mo ved_To_Kuwait_Because_They_Do_Not_Have_Permission_ To_Stay

Niall!
28-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Good is what I say. I don't remember if anyone promised to get British troops out of Iraq, but it looks like they've no choice now.

Yoshimitsui
28-07-2009, 02:04 PM
No wonder the country is in such a state i the first place, they can't wait to get rid of them and let it all return to how it was before.

Pazza
28-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Good. I don't see why we didn't just pull out ages ago, the job was done :S

Jordy
28-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Only 150 left as they've pretty much all gone it seems but isn't it funny how the media are hardly making any news of this, it's not even near headline news yet it was headline news for about 3 weeks when they wanted them out of Iraq. Now they've been kicked out of Iraq there's hardly any news on it, they didn't get much coverage when the majority of them left earlier this year.

-:Undertaker:-
28-07-2009, 05:54 PM
The end of the worst blot on western history for many decades.

Technologic
28-07-2009, 06:02 PM
The end of the worst blot on western history for many decades.

...? End?

US troops are still there... and then there's Afghanistan.

This is the end of nothing

Jordan:A
28-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Good, theres too many dieing over there

28-07-2009, 07:15 PM
...? End?

US troops are still there... and then there's Afghanistan.

This is the end of nothing

The end of the end really, the United States are going to start winding down forces there and Afghanistan is a different war, then again Iraq was never really a war; more of an example of bullying smaller countrys but not standing up to other countrys which could bite back such as the Peoples Republic of China and Iran.

Technologic
28-07-2009, 07:20 PM
China and Iran have nothing to do with this...

Iraq was pure greed.

28-07-2009, 07:27 PM
China and Iran have nothing to do with this...

Iraq was pure greed.

They have everything to do with it, the reason they gave later on for Iraq was that the regime of Saddam Hussein and the Ba'ath Party was barbaric and we went in their to liberate the people of Iraq, despite the fact that Iraq was the middle easts most liberal and stable countrys and was very mild compared to nations of China and Iran. We all know the reason was oil, hence why Iraq was targeted because it as an easy target.

Frodo13.
28-07-2009, 07:30 PM
They have everything to do with it, the reason they gave later on for Iraq was that the regime of Saddam Hussein and the Ba'ath Party was barbaric and we went in their to liberate the people of Iraq, despite the fact that Iraq was the middle easts most liberal and stable countrys and was very mild compared to nations of China and Iran. We all know the reason was oil, hence why Iraq was targeted because it as an easy target.

I personally wouldn't call murdering innocent people liberal, but thats just me.

Jordy
28-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I personally wouldn't call murdering innocent people liberal, but thats just me.Well not the kind of liberal government you get in the West but still it's much closer to liberal than all the Islam-centred countries surrounding it, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon etc.

28-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I personally wouldn't call murdering innocent people liberal, but thats just me.

Well not the kind of liberal government you get in the West but still it's much closer to liberal than all the Islam-centred countries surrounding it, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon etc.

What Jordy said is correct, while it would be great for the middle east to be like the west is, it isn't going to happen and it doesn't work. Iraq was a easy target, and if the war was based on human rights the first countrys in the world we should of targeted would of been; Saudi Arabia, Iran and the Peoples Republic of China but we didn't - because they have the ability to smack us one back.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!