PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of ourselves

iPlonker
28-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Can I ask why we are aloud to post pictures of ourselves, but not put them in our avatars :(?!

Geraint
28-07-2009, 10:37 PM
If I'm right most people chose against it but it makes the forum look crap pretty much. I have to say I don't like it.

Immenseman
28-07-2009, 10:42 PM
i actually like it. on other forums when ppl have them as their avs i get a bit queasy. i was on clubhabbo the other day and someone had a pic of them in their avatar and it made me feel a bit sick

iPlonker
28-07-2009, 10:43 PM
If I'm right most people chose against it but it makes the forum look crap pretty much. I have to say I don't like it.
surely it wouldn't it people have it to one size?

Geraint
28-07-2009, 10:44 PM
it's nothing to do with the size just people don't like it.

GommeInc
28-07-2009, 10:46 PM
it's nothing to do with the size just people don't like it.
What he said. It's just people don't like seeing other people's mug shots, it's unexplainable but that's how it is :P

today
28-07-2009, 10:48 PM
specially when there ugly.

Yoshimitsui
28-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I think having it this way keeps things less personal to a level that all do not need to see unless you so wish to do so, for example in a thread which you are allowed to do

Immenseman
28-07-2009, 10:55 PM
specially when there ugly.
innit lol i couldn't be doing with that :$

Mint
28-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think it's such a bad idea to be allowed to post yourself in your avatar. If you decide to post yourself in your avatar then you should be willing to accept that people might comment on it and say things that you may or may not like.

FlyingJesus
28-07-2009, 11:14 PM
i actually like it. on other forums when ppl have them as their avs i get a bit queasy. i was on clubhabbo the other day and someone had a pic of them in their avatar and it made me feel a bit sick

init and some people wouldn't be able to fit the height restrictions on a mugshot or something

Immenseman
28-07-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think it's such a bad idea to be allowed to post yourself in your avatar. If you decide to post yourself in your avatar then you should be willing to accept that people might comment on it and say things that you may or may not like.
yeah but we don't want to have to put up with it. i choose to look through post a pic thread. it's different having it in ya face the whole time.

today
29-07-2009, 01:14 AM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be rude to/about other members.

leah
29-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't get why everyone is saying that people should accept insults if they have themselves as their avatar. If it was enabled the same rules would apply as papoy, even if it was enabled, not everyone would have to do it.

I don't actually like the idea of it though, it makes the forum look a bit tacky.

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree with most of you. I'm not a big fan of allowing this because of the reasons already posted. Plus, if it did ever come into effect people shouldn't just "accept the bullying or insults" Because that is completely stupid and the users who are bullying would still be punished the same way they would do in the "Post a picture of yourself" thread. I have seen how a forum can go when there aren’t any bullying rules, but I won't mention that sites name. I'm sure most of you will know what I'm talking about. ;)

Catzsy
31-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I actually think it would be a shame if it happened. I like seeing the unique and often quite artistic avatars & signatures. This makes us a different site from a lot of the rest because people make the effort to have an original one and I feel that tells us more about the person that a picture would . I do also think it could lead to bullying and quite a bit of pointless posting because of comments made by a minority. This is a Habbo fansite above all not a social networking site where maybe it is more important. The rules have been relaxed greatly and it's not as if members cannot post their pictures if they want to. What would members want next? Allowed in the signature?

Niall!
31-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I agree with most of you. I'm not a big fan of allowing this because of the reasons already posted. Plus, if it did ever come into effect people shouldn't just "accept the bullying or insults" Because that is completely stupid and the users who are bullying would still be punished the same way they would do in the "Post a picture of yourself" thread. I have seen how a forum can go when there aren’t any bullying rules, but I won't mention that sites name. I'm sure most of you will know what I'm talking about. ;)

So are you trying to say no one in this world is so ******* ugly he needs to be told that by everyone? I'm sorry if you're living on the internet, but in real life, some people are ugly as ****.

And deserve to be told so, incase they go around thinking they're fit and making everyone laugh at them. In which case it's better if we tell them, at least they won't get laughed at irl.

Catzsy
31-07-2009, 09:46 AM
So are you trying to say no one in this world is so ******* ugly he needs to be told that by everyone? I'm sorry if you're living on the internet, but in real life, some people are ugly as ****.

And deserve to be told so, incase they go around thinking they're fit and making everyone laugh at them. In which case it's better if we tell them, at least they won't get laughed at irl.

Don't agree at all and also if they do it would be breaking the rules. I have to say that this post is a perfect example of why it should not be allowed. I am hoping that he posted it just to be controversial otherwise I am at a loss for words.

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2009, 09:48 AM

What you need to understand is, in this world no one is perfect. You might not find someone "sexy" but that doesn't give you the right to bully or insult that person. That's why we have rules on this forum for bullying and for anyone who is insulting a forum member. I'm not living on the internet, it’s not nice when people get bullied or having insults thrown at them. ;)

Don't agree at all and also if they do it would be breaking the rules. I have to say that this post is a perfect example of why it should not be allowed. I am hoping that he posted it just to be controversial otherwise I am at a loss for words.

Agreed, if that's how people are going to be by that example. Then no wonder why people don't want this to happen.

Niall!
31-07-2009, 10:04 AM
What you need to understand is, in this world no one is prefect. You might not find someone "sexy" but that doesn't give you the right to bully or insult that person. That's why we have rules on this forum for bullying and for anyone who is insulting a forum member. I'm not living on the internet, it’s not nice when people get bullied or having insults thrown at them. ;)

Agreed, if that's how people are going to be by that example. Then no wonder why people don't want this to happen.

But if he's a propa minga and he's acting like he's dead fit he needs to be brought down a step, it's just the way the social order works.

People insult my eyes because they're small or squinty. I'm ok with it, because it's true.

Also, I'm waiting for Tom to come to this thread and say he is perfect.

@Catzsy, I'm not posting to be controversial. I'm not posting to be negative. I'm just posting the natural order of things, either on or offline. I've been bullied before, it's not nice but it was because I was being a pompous git.

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2009, 10:11 AM
But if he's a propa minga and he's acting like he's dead fit he needs to be brought down a step, it's just the way the social order works.

People insult my eyes because they're small or squinty. I'm ok with it, because it's true.

@Catzsy, I'm not posting to be controversial. I'm not posting to be negative. I'm just posting the natural order of things, either on or offline. I've been bullied before, it's not nice but it was because I was being a pompous git.

Either way, if you do that on HabboxForum (Including PM's) you can get punished for insulting/bullying. So is it really worth it? If people want to "post themselves" on here. There is a good enough thread for them to do that.

Niall!
31-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Either way, if you do that on HabboxForum (Including PM's) you can get punished for insulting/bullying. So is it really worth it? If people want to "post themselves" on here. There is a good enough thread for them to do that.

That's why I disagree with this idea. Putting them in avatars would only encourage me to insult someone, while putting them in one thread enables me to avoid insulting anyone.

Therefore, I've made my point.

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2009, 10:14 AM
That's why I disagree with this idea. Putting them in avatars would only encourage me to insult someone, while putting them in one thread enables me to avoid insulting anyone.

Therefore, I've made my point.

Then that's why this won't be coming into place any time soon. :)

Santorefish
31-07-2009, 10:52 AM

Why does it make u feel sck?

Yoshimitsui
31-07-2009, 11:16 AM

But what gives you the right for you to judge that person and dictate who they are and what they look like as to weather they fit into your standards? People don't exactly choose what they look like at birth however they can choose their appearance, but because you don't agree that doesn't mean they mean less than the next person.

RandomManJay
31-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Lol, this thread could be moved to the 'Debate' forum with all the different view points and conflicts :P. Personally I wouldn't mind it, but then again I like the way the forum is now, pretty much as stable as ever, and we do have a 'Post a Picture of You' thread that people use so there isn't much reason for it. Also putting it as an option might make people feel that they're obliged to do it, not simply the option to do it, which could like many of you have said, lead to bully and the eventual decline of the forum.

luce
31-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah i don't like seeing peoples faces on the forum in their avs it makes me a little uncomfortable.. and cringy when they're like *+*POUTZ*+* and ofcourse you'll have people making fun of people

myke
31-07-2009, 12:09 PM
if people are really that bothered about showing their picture - perhaps allow profile pictures, because then when you visit their profile, you are kinda agreeing that you're going to see a picture of them, or perhaps not. kinda like facebook, you go on someones profile and expect to see one? idk.
i'm not really bothered

FlyingJesus
31-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Some people are ugly

I don't like ugly people

Pics of ourselves in avs won't happen

Case closed.

Catzsy
31-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Some people are ugly

I don't like ugly people

Pics of ourselves in avs won't happen

Case closed.

Well its nice to see now you have posted that the situation is resolved :P
You have probably alienated yourself from a lot of the people on the forum that perhaps have less superficial views than you. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!