PDA

View Full Version : Should animals be put down?

Japan
29-07-2009, 05:34 PM
In my opinion, if the animal is in pain then we should put it down and stop it from suffering.
But what do you think?

Calvin
29-07-2009, 05:39 PM
yeah, if its in pain/suffering then that should be the only reason to put it down.

GommeInc
29-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Kinda a pointless debate really - if an animal is suffering and won't have a good life, and will probably cost alot to keep it in a "happy" frame of mind, then it may as well be put down to benefit the owners and itself, for their suffering and its own suffering.

Kardan
29-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Of course. If the vet thinks it's the best decision because the animal is pain, of course it should be allowed.

Mentor
30-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Their are people who dont think vets should do this?? Wasnt aware there where any groups supporting the idea of leaveing animals to suffer and slowly die a painful death o.0

Yoshimitsui
30-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Their are people who dont think vets should do this?? Wasnt aware there where any groups supporting the idea of leaveing animals to suffer and slowly die a painful death o.0

You would be surprised what some people campaign against. They will argue the grass being green and the sky being blue if it gives them something to do. Some people are against taking any form of life.

However of course it should be allowed, they don't deserve to suffer.

dogboy123
30-07-2009, 10:53 AM
This was a gd debate in HxHD

I think that if its the last solution, then in every way its the right decision. why make the animal suffer when they would rather be put out of their misery.

GommeInc
30-07-2009, 11:16 AM
You would be surprised what some people campaign against. They will argue the grass being green and the sky being blue if it gives them something to do. Some people are against taking any form of life.

However of course it should be allowed, they don't deserve to suffer.
They tend to be the sort of people who probably shouldn't have animals - not (only) because they're kinda unstable to believe this (and cruel, RSPCA/RSPB would hate 'em), but because it probably goes against so many beliefs, a human having an animal and treating it as a pet (if that makes sense lol).

Meanies
30-07-2009, 11:19 AM
If the dog's in pain, yes. My old dog was blind and had a problem with his back leg so we decided it'd be better for him and when mum saw him go and relax she said he hadn't been like that in ages :) Oh and my gran's dog had to be put down because he had something wrong with his nose and it looked like a banana :P But now he's in a box at the bottom of her stairs with a pic of me on top -special-

ecstasy
30-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Well if the animal is in pain/suffering and nothing can be done about it then yeah, obviously.

Samantha.
30-07-2009, 11:58 AM
In my opinion, if the animal is in pain then we should put it down and stop it from suffering.
But what do you think?

I agree.
My dog got put down, because she had cancer and we didn't want her to suffer

Jordan
30-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Samm the same happened to my dogg

I Think they should be put down if they are suffering,
Last year my dog got put down she was suffering from cancer :'(

patf
30-07-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah I think they should be put down if there really is no alternative to stop the pain and suffering it's going through... if there is an alternative then I think that should be tried before putting it down

Wahey
30-07-2009, 02:21 PM
If an animal is in pain, yah

RandomManJay
30-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I believe that it stands as the same as hunam euthanasia. I also agree, although I don't really like to, that in some extreme cases where the animal is dangerous to others around them it should be put down for safety. Although there are other options like releasing it into the wild, considering that it's grown up in society, releasing it could cause several things, the main one being that it could try to return to socierty where it would be loose to roam and endanger others, and another being it would most likely not survive in the wild considering its upbringing and dependency on others.

Nxrissa
05-08-2009, 12:48 AM
yes like human ethuanasia.
same sort of thing accept i cant understand why thats illegal and this is legal
yes its heartbreaking to let go but surely you would rather the pet to be happy than suffer.

Blinger1
05-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Sure the animal should be put down if its in pain, but also if its a right nuisance, i.e. mauled someone bad, cannot be trained to be normal (for instance my cousin was given a dog who kept of leaving, no matter how big the fence was she would dig underneath it and leave.. i think it got put down.)

Hazzles
07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Anyone who is against it is most likely selfish, just because they don't want the animal to die as it'd upset them, not thinking about the animal.
And if it is done humanely.
If theres nothing wrong with the animal then obviously its wrong.

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 07:55 AM
If I was in pain then I would want to be put down, but for things like they bit some-one then no. If they killed someone (not because they were protecting their teirritory) then yes, like a death senteance in the US (there is no longer death sentenances for humans in humaine countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Uk, etc...)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!