PDA

View Full Version : Are You Risking Your Life For A Few Drinks?

Glitzing
19-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone, i decided to write this article about Teen Drinking as i think it's beginning to get out of hand now.

Binge Drinking - That's what more and more teens are doing more than ever these days.

When you drink it's not just your safety you are putting at risk your health could suffer too. If you drink loads in a short space of time your blood-alchol level is still rise for the next few hours. Alchol magnifies feelings you already have inside. Your reactions that you would normally do fine become slower when you have been drinking making you feel dizzy and sick. Also if you have drank quite a bit your speech becomes slurred too. The legal age you can buy alchol is 18. If you do drink then you should always read few safety tips before you do.

Stay Safe
1. Make sure you have had something to eat before swigging down the alchol.
2. Avoid rounds and make every other drink a soft drink.
3. Choose tall drinks like pints, which take longer to finish.
4. Don't keep up - Stop when you have had enough.
5. Watch your glass and don't accept drinks from strangers.
6. Tell your parents where you are and where you are going.
7. Book and pay for a taxi home before you start drinking.
8. Make sure you have credit on your phone for emergencies.

What To Do If You Friend Is Drunk?
1. Take them outside so they can breathe fresh air.
2. Give them a glass of water.
3. Don't let them walk off on their own or with strangers.
4. Turn them on their side if they fall asleep and make sure airways are kept clear.

For Support And Advice
Drinkline - 0800 917 8282 - (Open 24 Hours a day) Alchol-related information and advice.
Alateen - 020 7403 0888 - (Open 10am - 10pm daily) Support for teens who have friends or family with an alchol problem.

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 08:41 PM
And plus you could Effect other people aswell by Drink & Drive..

Georgia
19-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Drinking can lead to many things even death!
Try not to get too drunk!

YellowParasol
19-07-2005, 08:48 PM
And Liver Damage Basically Anything can happen if you get too Drunk..

ttranquility.
19-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I never drink, I dont even like beer/ wine anything , i lke cider a little bit.But i like it even better non- alcholic . :) Yes, drinking is very bad, i have had experience with my family before </3

MsTanya
19-07-2005, 08:51 PM
I Geh Drunk o.O .. I Wouldnt Go As Far As Sayin Im Risking My Life Tho =\

Mentor
19-07-2005, 08:51 PM
i dont actaly like achol, so never drink "/

:Hazel
20-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I must say I love to binge drink at weekends. It is fun :) You only live once remember ;)

Mentor
20-07-2005, 12:12 AM
I must say I love to binge drink at weekends. It is fun :) You only live once remember ;)
athogh wether your live a short life or a long life depends on how you live it :D

20-07-2005, 12:17 AM
athogh wether your live a short life or a long life depends on how you live it :D

True but I like to drink sometimes at weekends and I don't think it really affects your health unless your an alcoholic.

Mentor
20-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Actaly bing drinkings worse since it overloads you liver, wich causes major damge as well as the dange done when its not succefuly cleard from the blood stream etc. so many brain cells lost.

20-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Actaly bing drinkings worse since it overloads you liver, wich causes major damge as well as the dange done when its not succefuly cleard from the blood stream etc. so many brain cells lost.

Ah well, Its good fun at the time anyway. :)

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I dont see the point of drinking for the fun of it... What's the point getting drunk for a thrill? I have been drunk once but that's because alcohol hits me easily (i got drunk on low alcohol). If it is by accident or you get drunk easily then ok, but drinking just to get drunk is stupid.

Mentor
20-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Yay, as half the people who binge drink cant actaly rember it, how do they know it was fun to start with "/

Luayminator
20-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Ill just answer the thread name : No.

Gaby
23-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I would NEVER EVER drink! Because when I was little like probably 4 or 5 My Uncle gave me some wine, I tasted it and it was like drinking a bottle of peroxide! (Never Drank Peroxide Just Tasted It When Swishing In Mouth) So I was like I'm never tasting that again! But my baby sister who was 2 LOVED it! I'm scared when she is older shes gonna become a boozer! (A Drunk Addict)

Max
23-07-2005, 10:43 AM
ROFLMAO!!
Thank you for the tips, I will remember that when I'm so drunk I can't remember my own name.

ASHFELT
23-07-2005, 10:47 AM
I dont see the point of drinking for the fun of it... What's the point getting drunk for a thrill? I have been drunk once but that's because alcohol hits me easily (i got drunk on low alcohol). If it is by accident or you get drunk easily then ok, but drinking just to get drunk is stupid.

Its true what you say. I have many friends who drink so they can be drunk to act bad and tough, aswell as gettinh high. There is no point in doing it all the time as it effects your general health and safety.

Steph
23-07-2005, 01:35 PM
It's not such a big deal. I drink, but Im not a alcoholic or anything. I like to have a laugh and when people are drinking everyone chills out more and has more fun. Everything has got its bad points so I don't see the big deal. Plus, don't drink alcohol - die anyway.

Owen
23-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I drink about 16 bottles off actimel per day =\

MsTanya
24-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Ah well, Its good fun at the time anyway. :)

Amen Sister ;)

Jane
24-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Well I do have a little drink every so often 0:-D

28-07-2005, 11:54 PM

I see your point but the reason I drink to get drunk is because when i am in that state it brings a different side of me out. (as well as the fact its plain funny) I feel more confident when i drink and don't care as much about things.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!