PDA

View Full Version : Ban appeals

GoldenMerc
01-08-2009, 05:22 PM
We have decided, after finding a workaround to prevent the unwanted consequences of allowing old bans to be appealed, to now let you appeal bans older than two weeks that have not been appealed in the support system. Please note, if you have appealed with the current support system before you may not appeal your ban currently.

Due to differences in banning procedures, we may be unable to provide you with as comprehensive a response as we do now, however we will do our best to fully investigate all bans.

Also, due to Jin being all alone and overworked when I go away and the anticipated influx of appeals, there may be a delay in responding to appeals.

Thanks ;)
Why can we not re-apply for old ban appeals that has previously been appealed :s

Catzsy
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Ross, nvr is away until approximately the 11th so you may want this moved and post again? :)

today
01-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Why cant someone jsut answer for him uhh..

Black_Apalachi
02-08-2009, 09:20 AM
If an appeal has been declined, why would the same appeal again be any different? Or am I missing something?..

Jin
03-08-2009, 09:46 AM
If an appeal has been declined, why would the same appeal again be any different? Or am I missing something?..

This is the reason why, its a waste of our time, if we must time and time again review the same ban when it has been rejected previously. Unless new evidence comes to light which so far has never happened there is no point reviewing an appeal again.

GoldenMerc
03-08-2009, 09:48 AM
but obviously time goes on, if the rule breaker is no longer rule breaking why shoulnt he be allowed a merged account :s

Jin
03-08-2009, 10:04 AM
but obviously time goes on, if the rule breaker is no longer rule breaking why shoulnt he be allowed a merged account :s

Because that is the punishment the loss of the account. The loss of any previously built up credibility on the forums and your general account stats. Oh and also because we dont merge accounts.

GoldenMerc
03-08-2009, 10:04 AM
But why have banned accounts lying about when you could easily just merge them.

Mexel
03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Makes it look like ther is more members?

Skajo
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh and also because we dont merge accounts.
You have done before.

Jin
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
You have done before.

We have done before, but it completely messes up our account logs and records as essentially the existence of an account is wiped off.

We keep the banned accounts around because it is the punishment. The name, the email address assigned to it etc etc is all unusable on the forums as the account is banned.

Black_Apalachi
04-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Ross if they were going to suddenly unban an account because "the person has grown up and is more resopnsible" or whatever you said, surely they would save themselves a lot of work and would just make the ban length shorter instead.

Besides how do you even get banned in the first place? It's not hard to avoid being banned tbh lol.

Jin
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Besides how do you even get banned in the first place? It's not hard to avoid being banned tbh lol.

Tell me about it. The whole point of the perm ban is that it is permanent. Any achievements made on that account and all stats are lost forever. By merging the two together it really does defeat the purpose.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I got banned firstly for posting a picture i belived to be real.
then i got unbanned cos mad thought it wasnt even that bad
then i got perm again by nvr o.O

Black_Apalachi
04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I got banned firstly for posting a picture i belived to be real.
then i got unbanned cos mad thought it wasnt even that bad
then i got perm again by nvr o.O

For the same original offence or for repeating the same (or a different) offence?

GoldenMerc
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
i orignally got perm for a screen shot that allegidly showed Elkaa selling a members information, i then got unbanned then i got banned again for having 4-5 infractions :L

Black_Apalachi
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh right. Was the pic of Elkaa real (how ever it was taken)? :O

Immenseman
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
the policy is fair enough. if you've appealed before and had it knocked back it's unlikely things are going to change. because the event you were permed for hasn't changed. maybe you've grown up since the perm but you still committed the offence at the time and the ban was deserved. it isn't called a permanent ban for fun y'know.

Black_Apalachi
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
the policy is fair enough. if you've appealed before and had it knocked back it's unlikely things are going to change. because the event you were permed for hasn't changed. maybe you've grown up since the perm but you still committed the offence at the time and the ban was deserved. it isn't called a permanent ban for fun y'know.

Exactly.

How many infractions is the smallest ban btw and how many is a perm?

GoldenMerc
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
smallest ban is 5-6

Immenseman
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
perm is 10 infractions. 5 caution. i think.

Jin
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
5 - 9 points are temp bans/caution of different durations

10 + points = perm

Black_Apalachi
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
And 1 infraction is 1 point? Wow how the hell can you manage to get 10??!!! LOOOL!!!

I'm not sure how many I have (I think it's only 1 or 2) and they were from like calling someone an idiot because they were being an idiot. But because I was a member of staff it was seen as worse lol.

today
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Some infractions are worth more points...

Uh, i jsut want my 05 account back ):

Immenseman
04-08-2009, 11:39 PM
i thought all infractions were 1 point now.

Nemo
04-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Im also confused by this Ross. I had 0 infractions, yet got permed. When we were talking in that amnesty thread, nvr was saying how id probaly be a candidate to get unbanned/merged, but im pretty sure i appealed so id be unable to appeal.

THUS CONFUSION.

flatface
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Bullying another member infraction is worth 2 points, the rest are worth 1 point.

today
04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Im also confused by this Ross. I had 0 infractions, yet got permed. When we were talking in that amnesty thread, nvr was saying how id probaly be a candidate to get unbanned/merged, but im pretty sure i appealed so id be unable to appeal.

THUS CONFUSION.
he just dnt want u unbanned!!!

Black_Apalachi
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Ew am I allowed to ask how many infractions and points I have? :(

Immenseman
05-08-2009, 12:10 AM
You can see in User CP Rob and on your post bit. If you can't see, you don't have any. I have 5 warnings and 1 infraction.

Catzsy
05-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Ew am I allowed to ask how many infractions and points I have? :(

You have none:eusa_danc

GommeInc
05-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Because that is the punishment the loss of the account. The loss of any previously built up credibility on the forums and your general account stats. Oh and also because we dont merge accounts.
How is that a punishment? You've banned an account, not a person - HUGE difference :/ If the person is behaving, you may as well give them their old account back which proves when they, as a person, joined the forum. It just looks like lazyness to me :/ All this hassle of shortening the forum when you can't be bothered to merge accounts that have been buried in the dust for far too long when the person who owns them has been behaving well for the past couple of years. Very odd reasoning :/

Black_Apalachi
05-08-2009, 12:30 AM
You have none:eusa_danc

What, seriously? :O Once they expire do the points and everything go as well and your record is clean??

GoldenMerc
05-08-2009, 01:07 AM
What, seriously? :O Once they expire do the points and everything go as well and your record is clean??
your record is as clean as mine :)

today
05-08-2009, 04:27 AM
you'll be banned shortly Robald then :(

Jin
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
How is that a punishment?

So you wouldn't care if your account on the forum got banned and you had to register a new one?

Also your point is contradictory, if the person is behaving then why should we reward them for it when it is something that should be expected from the beginning.

It's like the police refunding you your speeding ticket fine because you haven't committed an offence for two years. Sometimes Gomme, I honestly think that you just raise odd points just so you can disagree with people as oppose to thinking it through :/

Errrr whose record have you been looking at?

Nemo
05-08-2009, 10:52 AM

THUS CONFUSION.

So you wouldn't care if your account on the forum got banned and you had to register a new one?

Also your point is contradictory, if the person is behaving then why should we reward them for it when it is something that should be expected from the beginning.

It's like the police refunding you your speeding ticket fine because you haven't committed an offence for two years. Sometimes Gomme, I honestly think that you just raise odd points just so you can disagree with people as oppose to thinking it through :/

What about my point Jinnnn? D:

Jin
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
On what account where you permed on?

Also certain offences are just a straight permanent ban no warning no infractions.

Nemo
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
On what account where you permed on?

Also certain offences are just a straight permanent ban no warning no infractions.
On Naughtynemo, the only thing i can think of was calling someone from management an idiot, once, which im pretty sure would only be worth an infraction, hardly a perm ban.

GommeInc
05-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Not entirely, the current set-up for bans is like driving a car into a person - the driver is let off scot free while the car is impounded - the driver is given the chance to make/buy another car and no-one cares :/

It's a simple request and easy to merge accounts for old accounts which were banned years ago for bizarre reasons, and the punishment has died and gone for the select few people. Mentor may as well get his old account merged with his current account - the management did the stupid thing of changing the names around which is a waste of time and goes against what you said :/

The punishment is a loss of a name, the date of joining, the reputation points and the post count. If you've given back or changed the name, you may as well give back the whole account, especially when someone like Mentor has done a few things for the forum :/

I have thought it through, and it just seems to me to either be lazyness, or an undying love to follow silly systems put into place to seperate the dumb from the human when a few exceptions can be put into place :/

GoldenMerc
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
you'll be banned shortly Robald then :(

Cheaky *!*!***!*!*!*!
anyways as gomme said your spiking yourselfs aswel really :S

today
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Cheaky *!*!***!*!*!*!
anyways as gomme said your spiking yourselfs aswel really :S
Thats what habbox does best though. :$

Black_Apalachi
05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
[...] the driver is given the chance to make/buy another car and no-one cares :/

Similarly with a Habbox Forum ban, the user is given the chance to make/register another account and no-one cares.

Owned yourself soz. :eusa_danc :P

Nemo
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Similarly with a Habbox Forum ban, the user is given the chance to make/register another account and no-one cares.

Owned yourself soz. :eusa_danc :P
Im pretty sure thats the point if you read the rest of his post.

Black_Apalachi
05-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I did read it, but after re-reading I suppose you're right, sorry :).

GommeInc
06-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I did read it, but after re-reading I suppose you're right, sorry :).
You twit :P

Black_Apalachi
06-08-2009, 01:48 AM
You twit :P

haha I loled :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!