PDA

View Full Version : MAG - Excited?

Clowgon
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm unsure really. I've just got a feeling that the game will be completely crap.

LOL, i don't think I'll be using the Bluetooth headset in the game.. loads of people screaming down your ears. :P

Neil
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Don't really care for it, they need to release proper gameplay footage before I'll be convinced this game isn't going to be some weird big amazing shooter, I can remember the last "revolutionary" shooter the PS3 got "WarHawk" and that was quite terrible.

Oleh
03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Well if you cared to google MaG E3 you will see footage

Neil
03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Yea I can see footage of what could easily be single player, it doesn't say if that was multiplayer or not, not only that it doesn't show huge 50 player battles let alone 256 player, at the end of the day maybe they've got a system maybe to allow such a large amount of players to interact but they don't have huge 256 player footage, obviously the dev team might not be that big so at least 50 players to prove the system, the have said about the "squad" and "company" set up but does that mean you're 8 player squad is put into battle against another 8 player squad or is your squad able to roam free across the map and fight huge armies of the other team.

If on the other hand this game is as they say then fair enough but they've still failed to prove how big this game really is.

Jibbish
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
MAG Has no single player

dbgtz
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I think it'll be good but wont be anything like they said it would be lol.

Oleh
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Yea I can see footage of what could easily be single player, it doesn't say if that was multiplayer or not, not only that it doesn't show huge 50 player battles let alone 256 player, at the end of the day maybe they've got a system maybe to allow such a large amount of players to interact but they don't have huge 256 player footage, obviously the dev team might not be that big so at least 50 players to prove the system, the have said about the "squad" and "company" set up but does that mean you're 8 player squad is put into battle against another 8 player squad or is your squad able to roam free across the map and fight huge armies of the other team.

If on the other hand this game is as they say then fair enough but they've still failed to prove how big this game really is.

They managed to put together a match with some testers at e3
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mag/50270

Its a complex setup to get the multiplayer smooth - a Squad is a team of 8 players - a platoon is 4 squads and an army is 4 platoons - the army leader is the highest ranking player on the side - this is a mmofps sort of thing like world war 2 online but much much much smaller scale

dbgtz
03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
When I get this I'm gonna explore the maps.

Neil
03-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Ok I'm a little more impressed now but we all know on release it'll be Call of Duty with hundreds of people.

dbgtz
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
ye but this will have objectives, proper objectives. Not just like capture the flag more war like objectives.

Oleh
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
probably infiltrate and extract intel, wipeout enemy bases maybe even a bit of search and destroy

Niall!
04-08-2009, 01:45 AM
If I can shoot members of my own team I'll buy a PS3 for that.

Octagon
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
The squad system seems pretty cool, im looking forward to it very much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!