PDA

View Full Version : Contract on Orange?

kk.
05-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I you have a contract with orange, then due to their new pricing, you are eligible to get out of it free of charge. Take a look: http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:xbCRK5Fj5nMJ:www.bitterwallet.com/cancelling-your-orange-contract-a-troubleshooting-guide/15849%20cancelling%20orange%20contract%20PAC&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

i think im gonna go ahead with it, im never gonna use the contract im on, so pretty pointless paying lol

Andys
05-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Lad next door rang them up and got £10 knocked off their contract.
I'm gunna ring them up and ask for a new phone and internet, if they say no then I'll just go with three :)

kk.
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
ewww not with 3!!
i have unlimited texts and 900 minutes, ill never use the minutes, so if they offer a good deal, then i might stay, but, you get to keep the phone and mine goes for £300 on ebay. I think im gonna take out an iphone, mainly cus its same price, and free internet, plus, i wont need my ipod :P

Andys
05-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Just tried ringing and they're closed :(
Will ring them up tomorrow :)

today
05-08-2009, 09:08 PM
ahaha i so wanna do this, im being ripped of at the minute and been trying to get out of it for ages!

kk.
06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
just rang up and cancelled took about 2 minutes once through to CS. He offered 400 minutes extra on top of 900 (over the past two months ive use like 20 lol), i said no, then he offered £5 off, still said no.

I mentioned i received a text and he did check. If you havnt got a text yet, ask if it will affect you, and if it does, i do think you have the right to cancel. Dont forget to ask for your PAC code. :)

Joe!
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
wow. when will be the last date that this is effective? i get paid next friday and want to get an iphone, reckon i'll be able to cancel it then? If not i guess i'll have to cancel before hand and use a pay as you go until then..

kk.
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
just ring 150 on your mobile, and speak to CS. Ask if it affects you about rising prices (if you have a text, just mention it) and if it does say you want to cancel. They said they'd cancel it tomorrow but i wanted a PAC code which takes about 5 days :)

today
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I tried to cancel but they bloody got me into a £25 a month instead of £35 and i gave in :'(

kk.
07-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Haha, at least it's £10 off for you xD glad to see it's working for others too :D

:job2
07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
If I cancel the contract what happens to the phone? Iv only had the contract out for 2 months.

But canceling the contract and keeping the phone would be good, then I could take out a really cheep sim only plan

today
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Haha, at least it's £10 off for you xD glad to see it's working for others too :D
Yeah, but i really wanted to get out of it, but damn my weak will power

kk.
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I had mine 6 weeks :P. You keep the phone, and my phone normally costs about 800 on payg :P

They kept trying to make me stay with them I was like er, na, wanna cancel :P

Andys
08-08-2009, 06:34 PM
they refused to cancel my contract, basicly i said it was within my rights to cancel, even though i havent went over my minute or used any of them 0800 numbers or w/e i might want to in the future, therefore i would be penalised for it and be charged more than the fee i agreed to pay at the start of my contract. I quoted their terms and conditions and they still wouldn't cancel it. Basicly my dads gunna ring them up and ask them to cancel, if they say no we're gunna cancel with a direct debit and not pay, and let them take us to court, lets see who win eh :)

kk.
08-08-2009, 06:38 PM
i read that you may have to try a few times. Just re ring them tomorrow (or monday) and say the exact same. Also, i read they have changed their terms and conditions, so if they pull that on you, just say i dont agree with them and so you are allowed to cancel. :)

x-glow
08-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I cant canel my contract with t-mobile :@ And worst thing is r8, they have gone and flaming renewed it but im not using it and my dad hs forgoten hes paying for it :|

kk.
08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
if it auto renewed after 12/18/24 months, it goes month for month, so just ring and cancel it lol. youll have to pay this months bill though

x-glow
08-08-2009, 06:46 PM
cant though, with t-mobile it auto renews for another bloody year!

Andys
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
i read that you may have to try a few times. Just re ring them tomorrow (or monday) and say the exact same. Also, i read they have changed their terms and conditions, so if they pull that on you, just say i dont agree with them and so you are allowed to cancel. :)
yeah but now my mam is refusing to ring them back up as she cba with hassle, and the phones in her name grr.
my dad says he'll ring and get it sorted on monday though.

rnix
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
cant though, with t-mobile it auto renews for another bloody year!
Right im pretty confused here. :P I got a contract with orange.
My bill is ALWAYS over but i have no idea why i never use all my 700 minutes i use like 50.
So can i cancel my contract? EXPLLAINN ;[

x-glow
08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Lol my post is irrevlant to orange and You probbaly can Junkeh

Andys
08-08-2009, 07:29 PM
right, i just rang back speaking on behalf of my mam becuase i knew i could proove them wrong. turns out i just asked if i could cancel my contract due to the price changes and he said yeah it will be cancelled by monday, so my advice is to keep trying.
if you're getting nowhere by that, and they are saying you need an average or 2.5% of your calls for 0870 number or whatever it is, just ask them to read out a quote from their t&c which states you need to fit the criteria to cancel, then if they refuse to cancel ask to speak to managment and ask for their name and extension number.

Blob
08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
If they say you can't because you haven't gone over any limits, thats not true because their contract says you have the right to, meaning they can't use it against you.

kk.
08-08-2009, 07:54 PM
x-glow, just say you didnt want to renew. Unless its in their T+Cs that they auto renew unless you tell them not too :P

junkey, just try if you want to cancel, say youre entitled to go over and if u do, youll get charged more which you dont agree with.

rnix
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
so if i ring up and say "i wanna cancel my contract because of the price changes" then i can get it cancelled?

uney93
09-08-2009, 09:49 AM
i'd love to get rid of my HTC it's crap lol but i didn't receive the text =[

Johno
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
i'd love to get rid of my HTC it's crap lol but i didn't receive the text =[
You can still call up and ask if you are affected, if you are then you are within your rights to cancel :)

kk.
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM
so if i ring up and say "i wanna cancel my contract because of the price changes" then i can get it cancelled?

yeh you can lol,
going into o2 on tuesday to get my new phone :D

rnix
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
yeh you can lol,
going into o2 on tuesday to get my new phone :D

my mum is ringing up on monday :D then i can get a new contract WOO ;D

Johno
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM
According to that site:

UPDATE 08/08/09: Comments as of late Friday indicate Orange are now refusing to cancel contracts if you did not go over contract allowance in the last 3 months. We will be contacting Ofcom and taking legal advice Monday and will post a response.

Another post from that site: http://www.bitterwallet.com/cancel-your-orange-contract-orange-break-their-own-terms/16387

kk.
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Ofcom will say exactly what everyone else will, it's in your right to go over the contract and use the minutes. Orange themselves say they know things change and they offer you a best match contract after 6 or 9 months.

I shouldn't worry for people wishing to cancel

Pyroka
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Oooo I so might do that, my phone is alright and everything but I want an iPhone. I've been with Orange for ages and I always go over my minutes so I might just have a go. Come to think of it, I'll get exactly the same deal as what I'm on now with O2, except I wont get unlimited texts. Oh... no? The internets worth it just for that! :D

uney93
09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
i'm going to wait for the Reply from Ofcom, and then ring them.

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Oooo I so might do that, my phone is alright and everything but I want an iPhone. I've been with Orange for ages and I always go over my minutes so I might just have a go. Come to think of it, I'll get exactly the same deal as what I'm on now with O2, except I wont get unlimited texts. Oh... no? The internets worth it just for that! :D

You can get unlimited texts to any network on 02 iPhone..:)

Pyroka
10-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Well it seems that if you recieve the text, you can deffo cancel. You can even call up customer services, ask when the text will come through to your phone, and then cancel on that day and they can't stop you from doing so. Oh my word this is like a dream come true, YOU EVEN GET TO KEEP THE PHONE.

Recycle my phone, thats 97 quid and then that goes towards an iPhone 3GS, so I've basically got a better phone for the same price and I even end up 10 quid up :D

Oh my god Rapidshare I ******* LOVE YOU <3 Wait isnt Jake isn't it? Damnit I know your nameeee. :D But thank you so so much, I have no reason not to cancel now, I'll call up tommorow :D

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh my god Rapidshare I ******* LOVE YOU <3 Wait isnt Jake isn't it? Damnit I know your nameeee. :D But thank you so so much, I have no reason not to cancel now, I'll call up tommorow :D

Ring up CS and say that you want to add a bolt on to your iphone (unlimited text to any network bolton) and if the guy says no then ask for his manager or whatever higher up and say that the person who using the phone is deaf and is a big problem as he needs to text his 'deaf friends'

well, that how my mum got around it :eusa_whis seeing they dont do it anymore unless speical reasons :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

oh forgot to tell you ahah

it costs 7.50 or 7.80 a month extra lol

about a tenner including VAT.

Pyroka
10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Well since I only text my gf alot and she's on O2, it'll be alright. I'll just have like loads of texts left, what about minutes though, what are they like with them? I'm on a 600-minute plan anyway but yeeah?

kk.
10-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Where's my thanks Ryan!? Ay?! AY?! :P

iPhones, £35, 500texts, 600mins, free Internet. But u might get free calls to o2 mobiles, unsure lol

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Where's my thanks Ryan!? Ay?! AY?! :P

iPhones, £35, 500texts, 600mins, free Internet. But u might get free calls to o2 mobiles, unsure lol

No free calls to 02 aha

Texts are crap if you text alot imo, unless you get unlimited bolt on.

600 mins is 10 hours which i used in a week easily :/. and i'm deaf phaha..

I'm on the 45 quid contract and i get about 200 mins or so which i dont use from 1200 mins

Pyroka
10-08-2009, 12:21 AM
THANK YOU MR KK SIR. Oh my god I know your name too... I'm crap at names today. Anyway I'm off to bed, I'm gonna see about doing this in the morning. I'm not joking when I say I'm seriously excited about this xD

I love you guys, you rock! See yaaaa!!!!

Oh and btw that was the plan I was gonna get, and I just sell my phone for 97 quid, awesomeooooo :D Right night!

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Send me a PM with any regards on iPhones, Happy to help ;)

kk.
10-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Ah man that's lame, oh well.

Yeh u do know my name and I still ******* love your avatar xDDD

Don't vice in to the CS people, they'll offer
You deals to stay just reply, "no I still want to leave" :)

rnix
10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I go over my contract every month (But i only took it out in december)
Im going to get my mum to ring up and say "Hello, i wish to cancel my conmtract with you as i was told in the orange shop that i could because i go over so much and its in my rights to cancel my contract." Would that work? ;D

Pyroka
10-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I went over only last month, by about 100 quid. So they have to cancel me LOL.

Urgh I was just looking at the iPhone tarrifs, the only way you can wrangle out the unlimited texts thing is if you bought a family bolton, which says its for 1-5 people. Interestingly thats for unlimited texts, calls and picture messages to O2 phones... Which I do most rly... 7.50 for it, it might be worth it. >.>.

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Urgh I was just looking at the iPhone tarrifs, the only way you can wrangle out the unlimited texts thing is if you bought a family bolton, which says its for 1-5 people. Interestingly thats for unlimited texts, calls and picture messages to O2 phones... Which I do most rly... 7.50 for it, it might be worth it. >.>.

No No No,

Buy tattrif you want, and you can ring up via your iPhone demanding unlmimited texts.

It just doesnt show on the site, becasue they trying to do a change over due to the joggle

Andys
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
My phone was disconnected this morning :)

rnix
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM

60£ last month over. 30£ over this month. and its about £10 over every other month. :)
mums ringing up tomorrow instead

uney93
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
so if i haven't gone over on calls but i have on internet could i still ring up and say i wanna cancel as i wanna get rid of this HTC

rnix
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
-.- i got my mum to ring up and guess what! my bill is now MORE expensive ;/
they added some stupid bundle crap. They started reading out all my numbers and ****.
My mum is going to try again tomorrow though. Lol

Pyroka
11-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah they will cancel, I got cancelled straight away tbh. I'm getting disconnected when I get my PAC code through, and I register it to a new phone. I've signed up to a 24-month iPhone deal, which on average is less per month than the 18 month ones... So I'm not too bothered. :P

rnix
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Can anyone give me advice on what my mum can say tomorrow so they will cancel?

Pyroka
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Firstly, ask them when you will recieve the text (if you havent already) which informs you that you can cancel. Tell them you heard from a friend if you havent recieved it, and when will you recieve it. When I called up I never even knew. You can ask them that without being the account holder because its not personal information. If they say you have already, then tell them you would like to cancel now and pass the phone to your mum.

If you just tell your mum to give the authorisation, tell your mum to give the phone back to you (like my mum did for me) and tell them you'd like to cancel straight away, ask for a PAC code if you'd like to keep the number and they'll usually do it straight away :].

They'll check if youre eligible for the cancel first, so if they say yes, get your mum to authorise it then get your mum to tell Orange you're the one using the phone so she'll pass it to you. It does work.

kk.
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
SAME RYAN!! :D

Pyroka
11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
What you doin dude? Whatcha mean, SAMMEEE?! Youre getting an iPhone too? :P

kk.
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
i mean, i have one :D now anyway, went and bought yesterday, i took the last 16gb black one, then like 5 mins later, someone comes in and is like 'you got any 16gb black iphone 3gs' i looked at mine thinking, 'muahaha'

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Ohhh right, I'm ordering mine off the net, takes longer to get here but I get £60 cashback on it ;)

Joe!
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Ohhh right, I'm ordering mine off the net, takes longer to get here but I get £60 cashback on it ;)
How is that?:)

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I went on mobiles.co.uk through quidco.com, ordered a black 16GB 3GS and quidco tracks the order after a few days, itll come up as 1p, then £40, then £60. It costs £5 to register to quidco, but my mum already paid that so I'm getting the money in the next month. Does take a while to come through, but 60 quid cashback aint bad for a 80 quid phone!

Joe!
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Does it actually work though? I've looked at the site a few times and don't fancy being ripped off :)

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah it does work, my mums got like 50 quid off it, it tracks the purchase via cookies which are used by going through the site. The site you bought it off confirms the purchase, sends it to Quidco, they put it as tracked, then month later you get it. Honestly it works.

Joe!
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
ooo well i've got two days to decide whether I should cancel my orange one and move to iphone. trouble is my mums in portugal and i'd need to put it in her name as i'm a few months off of 18 :[

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Cancel it straight away, and get your mum to do it when she comes back?

Joe!
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah but then i'll be without a phone :(

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Not for long though surely?

rnix
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Mobiles.co.uk does work and they do give cashback/gifts.
My mum got 3 contracts with them :P and my new one (on vodafone) is coming from there :D

Boxiel
12-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Gutted to everyone who is going to cancel their contract..

Orange retracted their statement regarding the pricing of it's out of bundle minutes :)

They won't be putting them up after all

Joe!
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
But surely if they've told you they are increasing the price, you still have the right to cancel?

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh well, 60 quid for me and I dont have to put up with some of the barmy prices I've had to pay for going over on Orange. On O2 I wont do that :D

Boxiel
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
But surely if they've told you they are increasing the price, you still have the right to cancel?

But they've backed out all of the price changes because of the response from customers.. They won't be upping the prices, so there is no leverage of cancelling a contract.

Besides, CSR's will check your bill usage, if you go over your minutes very often (eg, your spend is likely to be effected by the upping of out of bundle minutes) then you will be assessed and may have either discounts applied, or indeed, disconnected..

However if you're doing it just because of a change in terms of contracts, then you wont be able to..

Blob
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah but then i'll be without a phone :(

Get a free sim card off of o2

Pyroka
12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.bitterwallet.com/bitterwallet-readers-force-orange-to-scrap-new-call-charges/16612

Thats some of the press release and news on what Orange have done. This is the basic jist. If you cancelled in the last few days, then thats fine and you dont have to join back up because the changes are being reversed. If you asked for a PAC code and are worried about not being able to cancel now, you are still free to cancel even though you will be notified of the changes being postponed.

So if you havent req'd a PAC code since today, you can't cancel, full stop. Woo thank god I did LOL. Porting it through tommorow, yay.

Joe!
13-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Crap :( Looks like i'm waiting till march then :( At which time I imagine i'll wait for the next iphone to be released.

-emmar
13-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Boxiel said to post this. o.o

Orange reverses decision to increase call charges

Orange UK has reversed its decision to put the price of its calls up next month, writes the Guardian. The company recently sent text messages to its customers informing them that from mid-September the cost of calls not included in their talk plans, such as 0870 numbers, would rise from 5p to 14.7p a minute. At the same time it said it would increase the charge for browsing the internet to a flat 60p a day. Orange customers contacted guardian.co.uk/money and posted complaints on consumer website Bitterwallet, suggesting Orange had breached its own terms and conditions. After being contacted by the Guardian, Orange said it had "made a mistake" in not recognising the frustration and confusion that customers would feel as a result of the changes. A spokesman said that as a result Orange has decided not to go ahead with the price increases. '

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!