PDA

View Full Version : Weird number calling me everyday?

Markeh
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I keep getting this 0845 number ringing me everyday, and I haven't got a clue what it is. It rings once then goes off. Who is it? I'm on Vodafone if that helps

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the number.. If I am, I'll add it to a post later

Kieeran
06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
You entered any competitions?

Stephen!
06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
It's probably a bed salesman.

Markeh
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM
You entered any competitions?

Nah, it costs me too much to enter them

My inital thought was, is it Vodafone? But I've only just had this contract so I doubt it would be.

Am I allowed to post the number?

kk.
06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
what the phone number

Skajo
06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Google the phone number.

Robbie
06-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Go to www.whocallsme.com and look for it on there.

Markeh
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the tip Robbie. Apparantly its Vodafone trying to upgrade my contract. I've had the phone a month, so why are they trying to upgrade me?

Skajo
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
££££££

Markeh
06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
They usually ring about now, so will try and answer it and tell them I'm not interested.

It's getting really annoying now.

Kieeran
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
dno wot phone u got but n some phones u can block certain numbers calling u

Recursion
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
If they don't stop calling, file an official complaint against the number at OFCOM.

We threatened SKY to do this and they stopped calling (We cancelled Sky TV and they wouldn't stop calling to try and get us back)

Markeh
06-08-2009, 10:46 AM
dno wot phone u got but n some phones u can block certain numbers calling u

Its a Sony W715 if that helps...

kk.
06-08-2009, 10:51 AM
you can actually phone up your provider and ask them to block it. Would be funny if you did haha

Kieeran
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
you can actually phone up your provider and ask them to block it. Would be funny if you did haha

i lold

ye u could do that dno what they would say tho

Markeh
06-08-2009, 11:33 AM
somehow I reckon they might not block it...

Recursion
06-08-2009, 11:46 AM
They will charge a fee to block numbers I think.

Markeh
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
A fee? No chance.

Recursion
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Umm.. generally to block numbers there is a fee because it is an additional service (depending on the network of course).

Chippiewill
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Just answer it and tell them to add you to their 'Do not call' list and then if they call you, you can go to ofcom and get them fined.

e5
06-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I can't stop watching your sig! lol does he actually get hit by the bottle? lolol...

and see what they offer u, if they're offerig something better after a month, i'd take it rofl.

Markeh
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I can't stop watching your sig! lol does he actually get hit by the bottle? lolol...

and see what they offer u, if they're offerig something better after a month, i'd take it rofl.

I could always use more minutes I suppose...

I'll try and answer it tomorrow. Oddly it hasnt dialled me today.

Recursion
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Yeah he does LOL

today
08-08-2009, 06:04 PM
i get a number ringing me every day without fail, i've added it to my reject list but it leaves a voicemail EVERYtime! >:[

It's a sales place thing its the same guy saying something like "Hi, you've been called by ICU europe please ring us back blahhh"

Seems im not the only one..

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08701525672

x-glow
08-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey, at least there not as dumb as t-mobile!! T-mobile rung me up in french and asked for my dad as tis under his name, but I didnt answer then I phones back at break and I said im at school, so the guy said Ok well can I speak to you dad then I mean *** :| anaways yeah :P

Robbie
08-08-2009, 07:54 PM
i get a number ringing me every day without fail, i've added it to my reject list but it leaves a voicemail EVERYtime! >:[

It's a sales place thing its the same guy saying something like "Hi, you've been called by ICU europe please ring us back blahhh"

Seems im not the only one..

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08701525672

You sure it's not NCO Europe? They're a debt collection agency.

iDenning
08-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Lol vodafone rang me in Geography and my phone got took off me -.-

And just tell them to stop or youll fine them lol

Recursion
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
You lot do realise that it isn't the networks calling you? They are lieing to try and get you to trust them. Generally, they won't ring you unless you haven't paid a bill or something, so don't go by who they say they are unless they can prove it or you ring the your self.

Oleh
13-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Just tell em you would like 2 pepperoni pizza's and a chicken and egg omlette, then just keep saying £9.95 OMG RIP OFF , that got them to stop calling me :)

Chippiewill
13-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Just ask them to add you to their 'Do not call list' and then if they pursue you any more then you can complain to ofcom and get moneys

Mickword
13-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I always get a call for Miss Harrison, she doesn't live here but what you do is:

Wait for them to phone you, go yes just one second. Put the phone on a table, and shout 'MISS HARRISON GET YOUR ****EN ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!' then go to the phone and say just a sec shes coming, then put the phone back down and shout 'WHAT HAVE I ****EN TOLD YOU ABOUT THOSE SHOES IN THIS HOUSE? GET THEM OFF NOW!! AHHH!!' Then pick up the phone and say, oh just a moment shes changing her shoes. And then say 'HURRY UP NOW YOU *****!' then slam your door about 3 times, with a grunting noise. and then say on the phone she doesn't live here sorry.

InfusionHosting
17-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I always get a call for Miss Harrison, she doesn't live here but what you do is:

Wait for them to phone you, go yes just one second. Put the phone on a table, and shout 'MISS HARRISON GET YOUR ****EN ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!' then go to the phone and say just a sec shes coming, then put the phone back down and shout 'WHAT HAVE I ****EN TOLD YOU ABOUT THOSE SHOES IN THIS HOUSE? GET THEM OFF NOW!! AHHH!!' Then pick up the phone and say, oh just a moment shes changing her shoes. And then say 'HURRY UP NOW YOU *****!' then slam your door about 3 times, with a grunting noise. and then say on the phone she doesn't live here sorry.

Ahh hahaha. That has made me laugh quite hard. +rep!

today
17-08-2009, 12:44 PM
You sure it's not NCO Europe? They're a debt collection agency.
Could bee.

You lot do realise that it isn't the networks calling you? They are lieing to try and get you to trust them. Generally, they won't ring you unless you haven't paid a bill or something, so don't go by who they say they are unless they can prove it or you ring the your self.

I don't owe any debt, never have, lol? Plus course you don't trust anyone over the phone anyway!? :rolleyes:

Lost
17-08-2009, 01:21 PM
google the number

Markeh
19-08-2009, 10:47 PM

This reminds me of a prank call someone once did to Childline

Caller: Hello, who is this? I just rang 1471.
Call Center: You're through to childline
Called: "TERRY YOU LITTLE ****! NOT AGAIN! GET YOUR ******* BACKSIDE HERE NOW!!!!"
Then hang up.

Mickword
19-08-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL, THATS AWESOME! My mate done the same thing, but slamed the door!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!