PDA

View Full Version : Got the red ring..

Jahova
06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I woke up this morning feeling fine. I turned on my xbox as I was going to put some Microscam points on then all of a sudden.. DUN DUN DUN! Three red rings were flashing. I thought, oh well and turned my xbox off and back on. It worked fine and my mother called me for breakfast, so I turned it off again.

Came back upstairs and turned the box back on. The red ring had struck. I thought it was obviously not the red ring of death, they could be different quadrants that were lighting up.

Looked on Youtube, typed in "red ring of death" and what came up? The exact same quadrants as mine "OH SHI.." - I unplugged the PSU and did everything the Microscam website said, no luck.

Now I've boxed my Xbox360 up and done all the labels, etc. Just waiting for VPS to arrive, which should be today. When I rang up UPS, the funny thing was, the woman asked me "Where's the package going to" and I said "Frankfurt" and she instantly said "Let me guess, a broken xbox 360?" Which made me laugh.

Anyway, I'd thought I'd share my lovely experience with you. Three weeks until I can play CoD:WaW map pack three. Yay!

PaulMacC
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
It took mine two weeks exactly to come. You can get a box from the post office and slap a print-out label on it to save time.

Fez
06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Send it to this guy.

http://ttglibrary.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bob-the-builder1.jpg

He'll know how to fix it

Jahova
06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm on holiday in 2 weeks and 2 days, so it'd better be rather quick ;)

ItsDave
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Thats basically what happened to me. Woke up. Turned it off. DEATH! Boxed, labelled. Mine came back in a week and about 2 days? So really pleased about that. They'll just give you a new one. But sorry to hear about that.

Jam
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Mine took 3 weeks and a day or two, although that was E74.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!