PDA

View Full Version : goin' to london

RedStratocas
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
innn about 2 weeks from today. im going with my parents for about a week, but im going out with my brother at night. we're also going to paris for a little bit too but mostly london.

anyway, ive got plans for the daytime but im strugglin' to find nighttime plans for me and my brother, any suggestions? thx

cocaine
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
go to west end and see a theatre performance, i've been to see les miserable and it was pretty good. shows are probably about 6.30 and end around 8.30/9pm, sometimes 9.30pm.

and if its a nice evening, go for a walk or something along embankment (london eye) and westminster, where houses of parliament are. or even better, get some tickets and actually go on the london eye.

Fehm
06-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree with the above :P

Go and see a show. I recommend 'Wicked', Hairspray, Blood brothers, Lion King [omg, amazing... THe animals come down the isle its like OMMMGGGGGG] London Eye is amazing by night, Im sure theres some sort of attraction that goes on at night with the tower of london? Not too sure though :P

Or just go out for a nice meal or something? :P

Jackk
06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
i think he means, what good clubs are there in london...

AlexOC
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
go to west end and see a theatre performance, i've been to see les miserable and it was pretty good. shows are probably about 6.30 and end around 8.30/9pm, sometimes 9.30pm.

and if its a nice evening, go for a walk or something along embankment (london eye) and westminster, where houses of parliament are. or even better, get some tickets and actually go on the london eye.

Sounds like he's taking a girl out, I wouldn't go for a walk on a nice evening with my brother lol.

cocaine
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Sounds like he's taking a girl out, I wouldn't go for a walk on a nice evening with my brother lol.

have you actually ever done these things lol? i agree that yes, they can be with a girlfriend/boyfriend, but on the other hand i would have thought that maybe an international visitor would want to go see one of the most popular places on earth with regards to tourism... brother in tow or not.

J0SH
06-08-2009, 11:34 PM
As suggested, see a show such as Phantom of the Opera?

JackBuddy
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
go to a club if you are old enough!!

Hazzles
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Go to camden.
LOLOLOL maybe not if you DONT want to get stabbed..

J0SH
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Go to camden.

You're more likely to get hit on by a gay guy than getting stabbed.

Catzsy
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Well if you like rock/indie music then head down to Camden on the tube. Great market & atmosphere in the day and always gigs on in the evenings for quite a cheap entry. I have never has a problem there.
http://www.camdentown.co.uk/camden4.htm
http://www.camdenlock.net/

Hazzles
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
You're more likely to get hit on by a gay guy than getting stabbed.
or amy winehouse..

Firehorse
08-08-2009, 11:17 AM
This is a whole day one - don't forget the Notting Hill Carnival! 30th and 31st of august, goes till late and you'll probably need earplugs if you can't handle bass that can smash glass! (Or knock down a whole cemetery wall like 2 years ago lol).
Its free to be there and all the music is played in a parade out of the back of lorries.

Also from the 26th to the 31st the Walking with dinosaurs arena spectacular is on in Wembly Arena in north west london. (would need to book in advance for that one).

Also whats great at night is hanging around in the west end and around china town.

On saturdays camden market is great - lots of free samples from most of the permanent food stalls to fill you up before you even buy anything.

Waterloo station is also worth checking out, about 5 min walk from the london eye. Its now derelict and you can't go in however the closed off tunnel underneath is still open to the public, I went there to see a banksy once but the last time I saw it it had been painted over for a fresh piece of work by another artist.

If you're into Michael Jackson then Thriller - Live is showing in the west end until January.

BBC television tours are also open, its near westfield.

Hope this helps! (Yes I live in london, not just copying off google)

Dan!
10-08-2009, 06:19 AM
have you actually ever done these things lol? i agree that yes, they can be with a girlfriend/boyfriend, but on the other hand i would have thought that maybe an international visitor would want to go see one of the most popular places on earth with regards to tourism... brother in tow or not.

HAHA you do make me laugh sometimes matt. but! i do agree with you their :8

Dan2nd
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Some of my family have been to the Ice Bar in London apprently its quite fun.. everything from the glasses to the bar stools are made of ice my cousin licked the wall and got his tounge stuck :O (or so he says)

http://www.belowzerolondon.com/gallery/Mar_AIB_1.jpg

http://www.belowzerolondon.com/ :8

Alkaz
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
There is lots you can do in london, go to some of the famous parks at night, walk down the south bank, lots of nice cafes and restaurants, etc etc

untrustus
30-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Go to camden.
no-one gets stabbed in camden, idiot :s

go to a gig or a good club night (white heat for instance)

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Technologic
30-12-2009, 10:12 PM
ministry of sound.

Metric1
30-12-2009, 11:49 PM

I would? I have a great time with my brothers!!!!!!

Geraint
30-12-2009, 11:52 PM
i think he went about 3 months ago.

cocaine
30-12-2009, 11:53 PM

what lol yes they do

I would? I have a great time with my brothers!!!!!!

init, if you're on holiday with your family the main reaons you're there is to spend time with them

Dan!
31-12-2009, 12:22 AM

go to a gig or a good club night (white heat for instance)

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not be rude to other forum members.

well.. tbh you can get stabbed anywhere you go :S

TheEclipse
31-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Why the heck wouldn't you go for a walk with your brother?

How late at night? Some of the museums and shops are open quite late.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!