PDA

View Full Version : Domain For Link

VirtualG
08-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey, I was wondering how many people here would buy me a domain if I put a link to their paypal on my site (with stuff written next to it like this is a non-profit site, blah blah blah please donate here type of thing) If you would, how many visitors to my site would you expect per month before you do it.

today
08-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Honestly, save up ya self its less hassle and you'll know the site is yours. (:

VirtualG
08-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Honestly, save up ya self its less hassle and you'll know the site is yours. (:
Yes, but for some, money isn't the problem, paying it is as they cannot 'legally' acquire a paypal account, or do not have permission from another person to use theirs.

today
08-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes, but for some, money isn't the problem, paying it is as they cannot 'legally' acquire a paypal account, or do not have permission from another person to use theirs.
Half of this forum have paypal and under 18. sigh.

Fehm
08-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Half of this forum have paypal and under 18. sigh.

Yerpp..
Im under 18, I transfer hundreds every month... Paypal dont care!

iDenning
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Mhm
im 15 and i transfer 1000s and paypal dont even look at me :L most people use paypal, one of the safest. Try a site where you have to post on their forums to get a free domain?

Robbie
08-08-2009, 08:00 PM
one of the safest

It's not safe at all. The seller is always discriminated against in disputes and their Seller Protection policies are AWFUL - their Terms and Conditions also just give them the right to basically do whatever the hell they want with your money.

So they can carry on sending debt collection letters to my house and making phone calls - they are NOT having MY £450 back.

BoyBetterKnow
08-08-2009, 08:04 PM
It's not safe at all. The seller is always discriminated against in disputes and their Seller Protection policies are AWFUL - their Terms and Conditions also just give them the right to basically do whatever the hell they want with your money.

So they can carry on sending debt collection letters to my house and making phone calls - they are NOT having MY £450 back.

What did you do Robbie? :P

Robbie
08-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Sold some custom-coded PHP scripts to someone for £450 and he then blocked me and did an 'Unauthorized Transaction' dispute - PayPal gave him his money back and when I requsted it back, they said they do not cover 'intangible or virtual goods/services'

So the FOS is dealing with it.

Excellent2
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
The whole idea of this is stupid. You're asking somebody to buy you a domain which, lets say, costs £4.60 from godaddy. How will you personally guarantee that this person gets back their money?

VirtualG
09-08-2009, 07:39 AM
The whole idea of this is stupid. You're asking somebody to buy you a domain which, lets say, costs £4.60 from godaddy. How will you personally guarantee that this person gets back their money?
Im not guranteeing anything, but what happens if they happen to make a profit out of it? It is a gamble, im not deniying it. Second of all (for those people under 18 using paypal) Not everyone likes to do illegal things. Im not saying thats the only reason, but just for now lets say paypal and credit cards dont exist for the person wanting to get the domain, who here would buy a domain for them and take a chance of getting a profit, and how many visitors to that site a month would they want?

DeejayMachoo$
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Sold some custom-coded PHP scripts to someone for £450 and he then blocked me and did an 'Unauthorized Transaction' dispute - PayPal gave him his money back and when I requsted it back, they said they do not cover 'intangible or virtual goods/services'

So the FOS is dealing with it.

Happened too me keep ignoring and the'll stop ( i sold a runescape account for like £250) xD

tom9171
09-08-2009, 06:23 PM
If you PM what the site is about I may buy you the domain

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!