PDA

View Full Version : WhatPulse - HabboxForum can do it!

jack-bristol
10-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Basically, the WhatPulse project is a project that logs the number of keystrokes and clicks you make on your keyboard and mouse, and the distance your mouse travels in miles, and updates the stats to the site as a sort of competition. Don't worry, its not a key logger, it just counts the number of buttons you press. Its a well trusted project and has been around a long time.

Agnostic Bear
10-08-2009, 01:08 AM
logs the number of keystrokes
not a keylogger:eusa_thin sounds like a keylogger to me

jack-bristol
10-08-2009, 01:17 AM
:eusa_thin sounds like a keylogger to me

It does not log what you type but how many times you hit the keys.

Agnostic Bear
10-08-2009, 01:43 AM
It does not log what you type but how many times you hit the keys.

And how do you know this?

Recursion
10-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Therefore it is still a keylogger? In my opinion anyway.

Tomm
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Additionally I fail to see what advantages I would get from using this software.

Oleh
10-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Just a note, i can guarantee this isnt a keylogger, just to verify that to all you noobs

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Just a note, i can guarantee this isnt a keylogger, just to verify that to all you noobs

x2

I use it on all my PC's/Laptops. :)

efq
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah just cause it records keystrokes it doesn't mean it records the character of that key. Jesus people jump to conclusions without even thinking it over.

Agnostic Bear
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM

x2

I use it on all my PC's/Laptops. :)

Yeah just cause it records keystrokes it doesn't mean it records the character of that key. Jesus people jump to conclusions without even thinking it over.

How can you guarantee that it doesn't log your keystrokes?

Chippiewill
10-08-2009, 12:00 PM
It's logging each keystroke and adding them together

THEREFORE: KEYLOGGER!

efq
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
It's logging each keystroke and adding them together

THEREFORE: KEYLOGGER!
You really are something.

Ok, close your eyes and tap randomly your keys and count how many times you pressed a key down. Now remember what character keys you hit.

Thats it, if its a keylogger why don't you scan it or hex and have a look.

Chippiewill
10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
A keylogger doesn't need to log which keys, just some aspect of the keystrokes. Such as when or how many.

Dentafrice
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
A keylogger doesn't need to log which keys, just some aspect of the keystrokes. Such as when or how many.

Keystroke logging (often called keylogging) is the practice of noting (or logging) the keys struck on a keyboard, typically in a covert manner so ...

It's logging the actual keys struck on a keyboard.. not just how many were pressed.. that would be a keycounter.. not a keylogger.. if it's counting.. it's not logging.

efq
10-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow, just wow.

I am not going to even bother saying anymore because you really are truly amazing.
Don't download it then, simple as, don't go on about it anymore.

Chippiewill
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
It's logging the actual keys struck on a keyboard.. not just how many were pressed.. that would be a keycounter.. not a keylogger.. if it's counting.. it's not logging.

It can be both as it is logging how many keys have been pressed.

Dentafrice
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
It can be both as it is logging how many keys have been pressed.
The accepted definition of a keylogger is a program that logs which keys are pressed.

You can go on with your little technical definitions all day; but that is the accepted definition.

Logging which keys are pressed, and counting how many keys are pressed.. are two separate things.

You can setup an event in C#, KeyPress, and just add to a counter.. and whoop! You have key pressed.. but unless you investigate the event and the parameters.. you don't know which key it actually was.. you only know that one was pressed, so count.

jack-bristol
10-08-2009, 04:12 PM

It has the option of logging how many times each key was pressed but this is optional and must be enabled before it does so.

Dentafrice
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
It has the option of logging how many times each key was pressed but this is optional and must be enabled before it does so.
We're not talking about additional options though.. we're talking about the core program..

jack-bristol
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
We're not talking about additional options though.. we're talking about the core program..

The core programme does nothing but count how many times you have pressed a key on your keyboard, how far your mouse has traveled across the screen in total and how many times you clicked your mouse.

Agnostic Bear
10-08-2009, 05:14 PM
The core programme does nothing but count how many times you have pressed a key on your keyboard, how far your mouse has traveled across the screen in total and how many times you clicked your mouse.

How do you know this?

Are you a developer? No.
Do you have access to the source? No.

So you don't, and it's a risky program to begin with and not having the source is a huge deal killer for anyone who cares about their security.

Oleh
10-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Checkmate - Without any source of any program they could have implemented a keylogger heck even a anti virus scanner could have it

LOLROB
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I use whatpulse

View my stats here

http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/269286/

Mickword
10-08-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah it does to me.

jack-bristol
10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
HabboxForum group here: http://whatpulse.org/stats/teams/16286/

Join if you want too!

HotelUser
11-08-2009, 02:47 AM
You probably saw Chris Prillo talk about this in one of his recent videos :P.

For goodness sakes, Are we seriously discussing whether or not this is a keylogger?
:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Japan
11-08-2009, 06:46 AM
I fail to see the point in this though?
Nice idea, but not really of much use <3
And if you think it's a keylogger, don't download it. No need to argue about it ;)

HotelUser
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I fail to see the point in this though?
Nice idea, but not really of much use <3
And if you think it's a keylogger, don't download it. No need to argue about it ;)

I just downloaded it and it's a glitchy little bugger. First of all the OS X download on their website was corrupted and I had to go on their forum to find a working version. Then I install it and sometimes when trying to send my statistics it locks up. I download the Windows version to try on my laptop and it wouldn't record my clicks or keystrokes and also locked up. Bad luck?

TonyPulis
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
are we going to make a team or not?

Recursion
11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I signed up to just see what it's like, probably won't keep it running though :/

Team Details:
Name: Habbox Forum
Password: hurfington123

jack-bristol
11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
are we going to make a team or not?

I had made a team but accidently deleted when I moved to another group.

Wootzeh
11-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I seem to click as much as I press a key, I don't write a lot lmao.

jack-bristol
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I seem to click as much as I press a key, I don't write a lot lmao.

Same here but that depends on what I am doing throughout the day!

Stephen!
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I turned it off. Annoying piece of software keeps disrupting my games by closing them every time it pops up saying it has send statistics.

Wootzeh
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I turned it off. Annoying piece of software keeps disrupting my games by closing them every time it pops up saying it has send statistics.
Mine only sends them when I tell it to?

Recursion
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Mine only sends them when I tell it to?

Same? :S

Stephen!
11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
mine sends every 250 keys or clicks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!