PDA

View Full Version : Dog doesn't like other Dogs.

MONEYMAGIC
10-08-2009, 01:39 AM
My dog doesn't like other animals, especially cats and dogs. What happened was when he was younger we took him to Puppy Training, and he got on really well with them, but a year later my other dog Ginny died around 17 years old, and basically the next day he hated everything. If you walk out and he sees another dog or cat, he starts almost screaming and its a horrible sound as people look at you and are thinking that we are beating or hitting him. He loves people, but we don't know why he had the sudden change of other animals. Do you think it was something to do with the death of Gin? Here's a picture of him. He has Black Fur, a Ginger Moustache and a Grey beard :P He is called Dixie

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w154/chris-madden/Dixiedadog.png

You do not need to zoom in to see the picture. It looks better quality as it is above.

zaphod9642
10-08-2009, 10:45 AM
i think it willl have been something set off by the death of your other dog before did he like other dogs?

MONEYMAGIC
10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
i think it willl have been something set off by the death of your other dog before did he like other dogs?

Yes he loved playing with other dogs at the beach and stuff.

Alkaz
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Probably because he didnt like it when your othe dog died. Its hard to get them to like other dogs again, my dog was ok untill she was like 2 and my aunt got a new dog and we had them both at my nans, didnt really like other dogs from then but she was a german shepard so by then her natural instincts to protect had kicked in, may have been that.

But ye, small dogs can be arragont and snappy, just keep trying.

zaphod9642
10-08-2009, 10:34 PM
it will have been something kicked off by the death of your otehr dog and also small dogs do not know their small for instance my jack russel picks fights with pitbulls

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!