PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Score...

The Don
10-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey everyone,
I am a new owner of an xbox 360, well not that relatively new ive had one since january... but anyway i was just asking how you all feel about gamer score and acheivments. Do you go out your way to get them or do they not really bother you..? and if you do go out your way to get them, why do you?
My gamerscore at the moment is 5,000 which i think is quite good seeing as i mostly play online and that i have around 14 games :P

Neil
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
That poll is stupid, I don't mind the idea of gamerscore but I don't play easy games for easy GS or really hard games for hard GS, I just play games and it unlocks, simple as that.

Simmzay
10-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I usually try to get the achievements for every game I get but I don't get games for achievements. I don't bother with time consuming achievements either.

The Don
10-08-2009, 07:48 PM
That poll is stupid, I don't mind the idea of gamerscore but I don't play easy games for easy GS or really hard games for hard GS, I just play games and it unlocks, simple as that.
The poll is not stupid *REMOVED* it doesnt say anything about hard GAMES or easy GAMES it just says easy acheivments... you know like some games have easy and hard acheivments. I know, no one goes out and buys games with hard or easy acheivments just to get gamerscore you just misinterpreted what i wrote. I never mentioned buying particular games only the difficulty of the acheivments on the games. like cod 4 has the mile high club achievment which is hard and then theres acheivments on it for completing each mision which are EASY and HARD acheivments...

Post edited by iAdam (Forum Moderator); Please do not insult other forum members.

Jord
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I got for the hard games

Pazza
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I like how you can proove you've done something. Although i'd love if gamerscore could be converted to points :D Then I would go for it ;P

Kardan
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I only have around 5,000 and couldn't care if I had 0 really, although with my Guitar Hero/Rock Band games I do like going for the achievements, I'm finally about to get 1000 for RB2. Although achievements really aren't my thing :P

Neil
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
The poll is not stupid you just cant read... it doesnt say anything about hard GAMES or easy GAMES it just says easy acheivments... you know like some games have easy and hard acheivments. I know, no one goes out and buys games with hard or easy acheivments just to get gamerscore you just misinterpreted what i wrote. I never mentioned buying particular games only the difficulty of the acheivments on the games. like cod 4 has the mile high club achievment which is hard and then theres acheivments on it for completing each mision which are EASY and HARD acheivments...

I did not misinterpret at all, I do not aim for easy or hard achievements, the poll is still stupid because you haven't included an option for "I just play the game but achievements are ok".

I can read perfectly fine, don't question my reading abilities because you don't think things through.

Jackk
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
i like to get achievements but i dont go out of my way to get them all. i have 22560 gamerscore, i dont know if thats high or not?

Oleh
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Gamerscore/achievments are really the only reason i play singleplayer

Pixet
11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I couldn't care less if someone had 1000gs on every game they owned.

samsaBEAR
11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm on 66/79 for Gears Of War 2, which is pretty much the only game I play, and I want too get them all. I am an achievement *****, I'm not bothered about a huge gamerscore, I just like seeing it pop up on the screen :D

CJW93
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I am pretty sad when it comes to achievements, I take it way to seriously

iAdam
11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I personally don't care, and think it's pointless but when friends and random people decide that your crap straight away for having a low gamerscore, that's just pathetic.

Pixet
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Speaking of achievements, has anyone unlocked an 'award' with theirs yet?

PaulMacC
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I like gamerscore because it adds replay value. I played Boom Boom Rocket for like 10 minutes when I got it, now I've spent 10 hours on it trying to get achievements. My friend hacked 90k gamerscore and didnt get caught, I think it's sad to hack gamerscore as it takes the whole achieving element away

Completed Retail (100%)
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Word at War
LOST
Sonic Unleashed
Fallout 3 (Minus two DLC)
Fallout 3 (PC) (Minus two DLC)

Completed Arcade (100%)
Dash of Destruction
Sonic 2
Rally X

Simmzay
12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm always surprised by the amount of people who have 100%'d COD4 and CODWAW..

PaulMacC
12-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm always surprised by the amount of people who have 100%'d COD4 and CODWAW..
It doesnt take skill.
Just a lot of patience and common sense.
You want a game that takes skill to 100% check out Boom Boom Rocket, Guitar Hero, Rock Band and all the other rhythm based games.

Kardan
12-08-2009, 09:50 PM
It doesnt take skill.
Just a lot of patience and common sense.
You want a game that takes skill to 100% check out Boom Boom Rocket, Guitar Hero, Rock Band and all the other rhythm based games.

Rock Band 2 I have something like 960/1000 - 48/50.

Rock Band I have around 935/1000. Takes forever. Looking to finish RB2 before the holidays are over :) Two long achievements left :(

Neil
13-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Rhythm games are truly the hard games to 100%, obviously not the hardest but it's the like only genre where just about every game is a real hard 100%. XD

Camy
15-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I've only really started to try to get gamerscore in the last few months, when I first got my xbox like 2 years ago, i only really played online, and I must have played call of duty 4 for a good 8 months without getting a single achievement.
Recently though I've got bored of cod so dont play it online much anymore, and gow2 really frustrates me sometimes online, because its all about who has host, so playing games for achievements has gave me something to do at the moment, at least until MW2 comes out!

Fehm
15-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Lol 5,000? I've had my xbox for nearly 2 years and gamerscores like 1,200 :L :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!