PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best / Safest internet browser

Richie
11-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Hello,
I was looking into getting a new internet browser i'm currently using firefox but i want to test other browsers. Can you please recommend me some?

Sorry if this is the wrong section :(

Cheers,
Richie.

Blinger1
11-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Wouldn't this be in technology discussion ;)

And you can try Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, Safari... just to name a few.

Black_Apalachi
11-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Those as well as Opera are basically the main ones I think.

Blinger1
11-08-2009, 07:56 AM
opera shouldn't be used. Look at the sig of one the forum members (can't think of his name)

Black_Apalachi
11-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Yes I know as a company they're a bit *****ish but as a browser, it's pretty OK.

Feep
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I started using opera, but when I came to reading my hotmail e-mail it was really crap.

Catchy
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
lol stick with firefox

Jordy
11-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Firefox is the best in terms of features and very secure, it also handles websites very well.

Google Chrome seems the safest browser, it's the least easy to hack however they have on occasions had to rush out security patches due to security flaws. However if you want security, Google Chrome is best and it's also the fastest in terms of booting up and loading web pages.

And who cares about the rest.

Mentor
11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I think chrome, its the only browser that didnt get taken down in the hacking contest (have pwn2own in my head, but dont think it was that)

Safari as normal was first to go - much in the same way the mac is always first to go in the pwn2owns - despite apples claims of uber securety :)

In most cases your generally fine in anything, most attack code is generally still only effective against ie so firefox, safari, opera and chrome are all pretty safe.

Lost
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I like I.E and I really don't like Firefox because people say it's amazing n stuff but I find it really annoying, it comes with lag and realllly annoying updates, plus when you're downloading something on Firefox it's so complicated and stupid, where as I.E it's fast and easy.

Black_Apalachi
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I like I.E and I really don't like Firefox because people say it's amazing n stuff but I find it really annoying, it comes with lag and realllly annoying updates, plus when you're downloading something on Firefox it's so complicated and stupid, where as I.E it's fast and easy.

You can turn off the downloads window btw.

GordonBanks
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
nothing to debate here, firefox.

Soy
12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Mozzila / Chrome

Amzoe
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
GoogleChrome.
(www.google.co.uk/chrome)
Or you could use Safari, but it runs slow on Windows. ;(

RandomManJay
13-08-2009, 09:53 AM
The main ones I've used in the past are Internet Explorer, Safari and Mozilla Firefox. I have heard good things about GoogleChrome, but a lot of people say that it's useless depending on what you use the internet for. Personally I hated Firefox until just about a year ago when I was sick and tired of IE not refreshing the sites I had previously been on and decided to give Firefox a try, It's been my main browser since :P. If you can't decide on a different browser just stick with the one you've got.

ToxicMint
13-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Hands down its got to be firefox, its brilliant.

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Opera is crap, boycott them. I think IE for everything but macs, Safari for macs (i dislike macs tho) Either that or google chrome... But google owns everything these days so you dont want them to own the internet... Oh yeh, congratz to myself for posting in everything debating thread!

Black_Apalachi
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I started using opera, but when I came to reading my hotmail e-mail it was really crap.

Hotmail emails open in IE regardless lol.

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Hotmail emails open in IE regardless lol.
I've noticed that too. It's a lot slower on safari

Jack.Lfc
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Mozzila firefox.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!