PDA

View Full Version : MacBook - Mark on screen?

Johno
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey,

I decided to go with "mark" because I'm not sure what it is, it looks like a shadow. Perhaps screen burn or dead pixels. I'm not entirely sure!

Has anyone got any ideas as to either how to perhaps fix this problem or how much it would cost to get fixed? or even what it is haha

Also, has anyone else experienced something similar? Ta! :)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6995/photo044s.jpg

Fehm
11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I think your just showing off your macbook

[/JELOUSY]

Rarelime
11-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Either;

Take the MacBook to an Apple store and have a Genius examine it, they may be able to send it off for repairs for you.

or

Call the AppleCare helpline number (providing that you are still under warranty) and explain the problem and hopefully get it replaced/repaired.

Johno
11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Nah, I'm way out of warranty haha. I guess I will have to wait until I go to Glasgow in September to see about it. Unless anybody else has some ideas? :)

HotelUser
12-08-2009, 02:30 AM
on my iMac when cleaning it once I must have barely damaged the glass with the cloth and I made a similar marking on my screen. Fortunately it's at about the very top and hardly even noticeable unless you know it's there. I was lucky, because there isn't an Applestore where I live. Infact, there's not many at all in Canada.

Metric1
12-08-2009, 03:56 AM
on my iMac when cleaning it once I must have barely damaged the glass with the cloth and I made a similar marking on my screen. Fortunately it's at about the very top and hardly even noticeable unless you know it's there. I was lucky, because there isn't an Applestore where I live. Infact, there's not many at all in Canada.

There are plenty of Apple service locations in your area. They may not be Apple stores, but they have Apple certified technicians that can fix your computer.

Recursion
12-08-2009, 08:24 AM
You have simply just tried carefully scratching it? It looks like a sneeze mark to me :P

Johno
12-08-2009, 12:04 PM
haha, I've tried cleaning it and scratching it and gently massaging the area and nothing seems to work (which isn't very surprising) - Its not too big of a deal, its just very irritating since I have noticed it lol.

HotelUser
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
There are plenty of Apple service locations in your area. They may not be Apple stores, but they have Apple certified technicians that can fix your computer.

Probably, although I prefer an actual Apple employee over some teenage futureshop representative poking around inside my computer.

Recursion
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Probably, although I prefer an actual Apple employee over some teenage futureshop representative poking around inside my computer.

Re-red everything after the comma in his post.

HotelUser
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Re-red everything after the comma in his post.

yeah and I don't care if they're apple certified or not. I still trust an actual employee over them. and its my decision where I get my computer repaired and who I trust with it, Tom:).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!