PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Help

Inspiration
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I have to make the choice to pay for my laptop to get fixed for around 400euro or get a new one...

I bought it September last year and can't find receipt so therefore have to pay myself which is alot considering it only cost 800euro.

Would it be worth getting fixed or would i be safer getting a new one as later on down the line the laptop could break again?

Also could some people recommend a nice stylish laptop with good graphics and specs.

+Rep for any help.

Amzoe
12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Get a new one. - Once a fault, always a fault.
I suggest getting a HP laptop, they're very reliable and I've never had any problems with them. ;)

Recursion
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I suggest getting a HP laptop, they're very reliable and I've never had any problems with them. ;)

Considering I replaced the LCD screen in my G1 for £20 rather than buying a new one for £150 or getting it done profesionally for £100 I disagree.

What is wrong with the current laptop?

But to answer your question, get a new one.

Blob
12-08-2009, 05:26 PM

Yep, except from the backlight goes, chargers break after about 6 months of use, some laptop ranges (like mine) aren't designed for laps otherwise overgeating occurs.

Real reliable.

Inspiration
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Considering I replaced the LCD screen in my G1 for £20 rather than buying a new one for £150 or getting it done profesionally for £100 I disagree.

What is wrong with the current laptop?

But to answer your question, get a new one.

The motherboard had a failure and smoke came out :S so yes i'd say a major problem.

Yep, except from the backlight goes, chargers break after about 6 months of use, some laptop ranges (like mine) aren't designed for laps otherwise overgeating occurs.

Real reliable.

Yes i heard HP ain't really that good and my laptop always used to overheat :S

+Rep guys thanks.

Suspective
12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I can't stand a laptop on my lap :P It basically burns my legs off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!