PDA

View Full Version : Microphone Problem

Suspective
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm having problems with my microphone, theres no visible damage. But I also believe it could be realtek playing up, as when I plug it into another computer the device (headset) is called realtek audio device.

I've tried disabling it, but then of course I don't have another sound driver so I don't get any sound. The headphones on the device work fine, and when I plug it in theres about two bars green on the computer sound meter. As well as Sound Boost.

+Rep to any helpful posts :)

Amzoe
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Do you mind me asking what Microphone it is mate? :)

Suspective
13-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Logitech ClearChat Premium PC

Inspiration
14-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Logitech ClearChat Premium PC

I bought one of them about 4months ago and had the exact same problem.
I tried everything and it still didn't work!

I suggest bring it back to were you bought it and see what they say.:)

PTER
18-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I also use the Realtek panel to manage my devices. The problem with your mic is that it doesn't work?

Unplug your headset/mic and plug it in again. Realtek should prompt the use for the device which usually automatically selects the right option for you although sometimes doesn't. Choose the Microphone option and click OK.

Another reason why your mic may not be working is that your record line is not set up properly. In the Realtek panel, there is a tab named Mixer and there should be a section called "Recording". Sometimes the Line Volume is selected therefore not recording from the mic. Simply click the mic option.

You said there are two green bars. Are those the green bars indicating the volume level of the microphone? Do the bars move up and down when you blow into it? If not, your recording options are set incorrectly.

Hope this helps x_X

Lost
18-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Take it back to the shop and spit on the guys face for selling you LogiTech.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!