PDA

View Full Version : Eating Healthy & Exercising

-x-Kerrianne-x-
20-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Healthy Eating
Eating healthy is not very common among children in Comprehensive schools, there may be not enough choice for them or do not like some of the more healthier options. We must try and eat more healthier than we do now or it will be alot harder to get rid of the weight when you are older.
Some of our healthier options may be: Yogurts, Cereal bars and Crisps, Yes I am talking correctly! Low fat yogurts are a good source of calcium and some do not have virtually any fat inside them. Cereal bars are also a good way of keeping healthy and fit as some brands such as 'Special K' include good ingredients and also crisps such as 'Snack-a-jacks', which also has less than 0.5% fat.
If you think that eating healthy is all about eating fruit & veg, then you are wrong. If you also want to keep fit then you must....

Exercise
Exercise, some people get frightened when that word is heard, there is no need! Exercise is very good for you and can be fun at the same time! I have found that if you buy an 'Eye-toy: Groove' game, it includes a calorie counter. Which means that everytime you complete a song, it tells you how many calories that you have lost during that song.
Everyone no matter how big or small must keep active for at-least hour every day. Running, walking, cycling or even walking to the shop is exercise. Next time you go out for the day, you should take a walk-o-meter with you. These can be purchased for £1.00 in all good retailers. If you would like to see some types of exercises then please click the link below....

CLICK HERE
Arm Exercises
Leg Exercises
Shoulder Exercises
Neck Exercises
Warming up
(http://www.fitsense.co.uk/index.php)

Enjoy!

Mentor
20-07-2005, 04:51 PM
You know, "FAT" isnt bad for you "/ youd be dead without some of it, to much of anything is bad for you thogh, fat included, your saying stuff is healthy becuse its low fat, and ignoring how unhealthy certain chemicals used within them are "/

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I would like to find some food that doesn't have fat in it. This is real food, not pathetic rice cakes etc. Really you're not allowed to have anything like Vitamins as much, because to many of something is bad for you.

St.Anger999
20-07-2005, 05:05 PM
healthy eating-lots of healthy organic stuff with the occasional treat
exersize-everyday is competetive swimming so its like body building and fitness:)

Rachi
20-07-2005, 05:06 PM
i always get a bit peckish inbetween lessons at school but at the venders there is no healthy food just junk
How r we meant 2 stay healthy if we hav so much junk chuked at us.

St.Anger999
20-07-2005, 05:15 PM
but i always bring my own snacks and eat them during snack break or whatever time you have for breaks.

Some healthy but tasty snacks:apples with lime or lemon juice on them. Make sure to peel the apples unless they are organic because they wax the peels on them for some reason :s also oatmeal cookies made from scratch.

hope htat helps

Janumz
20-07-2005, 06:06 PM
i always get a bit peckish inbetween lessons at school but at the venders there is no healthy food just junk
How r we meant 2 stay healthy if we hav so much junk chuked at us.

I was just thinking that.. I totally agree..

Most schools don't sell like.. fruit and healthy stuff. They sell junk.

Mentor
20-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I like junk thogh "/

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Isn't living to be happy better just living to be healthy?

St.Anger999
20-07-2005, 11:28 PM
ya but if you live healthy it will be happy becuase look at people with diabeties do you want to have shots everyday? or obesity do you want to be on diets when you cant eat hardly anything????

Steven
20-07-2005, 11:41 PM
we only have healthy food at school. it's the scottish board of education policy

Mentor
20-07-2005, 11:49 PM
ya but if you live healthy it will be happy becuase look at people with diabeties do you want to have shots everyday? or obesity do you want to be on diets when you cant eat hardly anything????
You know alot of people including myself eat the junk, and have no probelems from it "/

Absently
21-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Like i try my best 2 stay healty like i eat 5 fruits a day sometimes more like about 2 litres of water i used 2 eat junk alot but i've stopped eating junk food i on't really c the point in it and i've stopped eating as much food as i used 2 coz i've bin thinking about some stuff like most places in the world don't get food and your parents say like eat all your dinner coz you lucky coz most ppl in the world don't get food and i thought well if they don't get food i don't think i should get food i no i should b eating and stuff its just wat i think and wat i think also that when u do eat your not actually eating it it just goes 2 your stomach i'm trying 2 eat again but never can finish a meal coz for some reason i always say i don't want anymore like when i do i just don't feel like finishing

=Sean...
21-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Y'know what, my dad grew up on a potato farm. All he had for dinner was steak, potatos and juice. He ended up being really strong and not overweight... So I never listen to people that say eat healthy. I believe in high protien and exercise.

GommeInc
21-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Fat = Good.
Sugar = Good.
Salt = Good.

They're all good. Sugar you can have alot of but mmake sure you balance it out with something like Wholemeal based goods. Like Riveta.

Salt is good for you because it contains minerals which keeps your bones healthy and not crumbling into tiny pieces, same with milk.

Fat is good for you, too much doesn't do anything unless you have too much for about 2 months, then you'll realise theres a problem. Fat keeps you warm and is one of the ways to burn off and cause energy when exercising.

Mentor
21-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Fat = Good.
Sugar = Good.
Salt = Good.

They're all good. Sugar you can have alot of but mmake sure you balance it out with something like Wholemeal based goods. Like Riveta.

Salt is good for you because it contains minerals which keeps your bones healthy and not crumbling into tiny pieces, same with milk.

Fat is good for you, too much doesn't do anything unless you have too much for about 2 months, then you'll realise theres a problem. Fat keeps you warm and is one of the ways to burn off and cause energy when exercising.
salts aslo the thing that keeps your brain coniose, without it youd be in a coma.

Nearly all the things the crackpot diets say are bad for you, are essental to a truly healthy dieat. Just not in exseess, to much of ANYTHING is bad for you, and that does included ANYTHING.

Rachi
21-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Well i am eating ice cream and chocolate sauce now :rolleyes:
And am going athletics trainings later :)

GommeInc
21-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Good for you, eat what you want be happy!

Owen
21-07-2005, 05:40 PM
we only have healthy food at school. it's the scottish board of education policy

Im scottish and we have loads of "junk food" in our school =\
I just eat chicken tikka sandwiches 24/7 tho
I get the hickups alot "/

Janumz
21-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Um.. I eat too much.. I'm fat.. Lol.
I don't eat as much junk though.. I used to get like £1 a day just to spend on junk and snacks and everything.. i still get £1 now but I only spend like 50p of it.

Anyway.. I'm going to eat strawberry gateau (spelling?) nowwwww xD

H.bubbly
21-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Fat = Good.
Sugar = Good.
Salt = Good.

St.Anger999
22-07-2005, 11:00 PM
You know alot of people including myself eat the junk, and have no probelems from it "/

Ya but you will suffer the consequences later :(

Mentor
23-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Ya but you will suffer the consequences later :(
I beg to differ, i have famly members over 80 in exilent helth who probly have an even more unhelthy diet than i "/.
Alot of the pay for it late is simply pre defined body fucntion depdning mostly on genetics "/

Owen
23-07-2005, 01:43 PM
i have a burger king nearly everyday
for my lunch/breakfast
and well
i'm still healty

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!