PDA

View Full Version : Firefox. :@@@@@@@@

Amzoe
14-08-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm actually going to die. :O:@

I've just spent around 4 hours using this online HTML editor program thing to code the front page of my website. I got right towards the end, I was on my last sentence and then what's this? "Firefox has crashed, restarting now".

OH MY GOODNESS.

That's it, fudge it, I'm never using Firefox again, 4 hours of brain-wracking HTML coding all down the plughole.

Thanks alot Mozilla ****tyfox.

GommeInc
14-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Surely when you re-open it, the code will re-appear? That's what usually happens :S

Amzoe
14-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Surely when you re-open it, the code will re-appear? That's what usually happens :S

I wish. *gulp*
As soon as it crashed, my heart speeded up another 200 beats cos I knew I'd lost it. :(

GordonBanks
14-08-2009, 02:03 AM
That's what you get for not saving :rolleyes:

GommeInc
14-08-2009, 02:03 AM
That sucks :/ Usually it remembers what was happening on the page...

This Firefox seems to be buggier than usual versions... Half of my tabs seem to open up into windows after a single click!

Amzoe
14-08-2009, 02:05 AM
That's what you get for not saving :rolleyes:

I know. I say to myself every time, "save it now".
I was almost finished, a few more lines of <td><tr><table> and I'd be finished and my site would be ready for release! :O

Turbocom
14-08-2009, 02:55 AM
I was almost finished, a few more lines of <td><tr><table> and I'd be finished and my site would be ready for release! :O
don't blame firefox for your own stupid mistake.

- Rep.

HotelUser
14-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Well to be honest you really shouldn't have been using an online WYSIWYG editor, or perhaps you could have saved more often:P.

Just please tell me you're not going to start using IE:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Agnostic Bear
14-08-2009, 03:36 AM

Man I'm glad you didn't, using tables for non tabular data.

Stephen!
14-08-2009, 09:22 AM
The new firefox crashes all the time for me and I find it to be somewhat unreliable.

Fehm
14-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Lol Why where you using tables?!

BoyBetterKnow
14-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm actually going to die. :O:@

I've just spent around 4 hours using this online HTML editor program thing to code the front page of my website. I got right towards the end, I was on my last sentence and then what's this? "Firefox has crashed, restarting now".

OH MY GOODNESS.

That's it, fudge it, I'm never using Firefox again, 4 hours of brain-wracking HTML coding all down the plughole.

Thanks alot Mozilla ****tyfox.

That's what you get for using tables.

The Professor
14-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Using tables is what's taught early on in school, or at least it was in my school. My website is built with tables simply because I've never been taught any other way and can't be arsed to learn to use divs. So yeah, not the best solution but they get the job done.

Answer to your problem: save more often. Everything crashes every now and again

Black_Apalachi
14-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Restore previous session?

Chippiewill
14-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Your fault for upgrading to 3.5 to early...

Amzoe
14-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Look I didn't use tables, I was just using that as an example.
I'd already drawn all the boxes and stuff in Photoshop, I was just putting all the links & subnav's in.

The Professor
14-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Your fault for upgrading to 3.5 to early...

Yes, he's so stupid for using the latest stable release of a browser :rolleyes:

efq
14-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I've had about 10 crashes after the years of using it and that was me opening things on a webpage that crashed it. But whenever I did, it always saved the data and I restored anything back.

My 3.5 hasn't crashed once yet.

Chippiewill
14-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes, he's so stupid for using the latest stable release of a browser :rolleyes:

Yes he is, because not all the bugs have been ironed out. 3.0 is unarguably more stable and more secure because it isn't new. Now learn about what your talking about before you flame.

GommeInc
14-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Yes he is, because not all the bugs have been ironed out. 3.0 is unarguably more stable and more secure because it isn't new. Now learn about what your talking about before you flame.
Not really, he can't help it if Firefox updates itself automatically for no reason. When something updates automatically, you expect it to work and be tested, thus the point of its release :/

Chippiewill
14-08-2009, 02:33 PM
For all who need it: FireFox 3.0 LINK (http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0.13&os=win&lang=en-GB)

Flisker
14-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I use 3.5 and I have had absolutely no problems with it. I also use quite a few plugins with it.

Laurensh1
15-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I never have any troubles with FireFox... I'm sorry to hear that you lost all your work, but yes, even most reliable software could have troubles with some sources (e.g. the website you worked on)...

awelsh
15-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Alteast your firefox works, mine just loads and then crashes on any page it tries to load after 30seconds of it being open, ive given up on it completely and im now stuck with crap Netscape.

Black_Apalachi
15-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Tbh Firefox has gone downhill for me a lot recently. If you click your mouse at all while it is loading, it just crashes. And it seems to crash a lot now just because I have a few different windows open. The worst bit is, when you close all your windows and try to re-launch Firefox, and it says, 'Firefox is already running. Please end the current processes' :S. So you have to go into Task Manager and end the Mozilla process before it will let you use Firefox again. I really don't see the point of this and half the time there isn't even a process shown in the Task Manager!

Chippiewill
15-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Again, if anyone wants the patch which will fix everything

Click Here! (http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0.13&os=win&lang=en-GB)

Blob
15-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Alteast your firefox works, mine just loads and then crashes on any page it tries to load after 30seconds of it being open, ive given up on it completely and im now stuck with crap Netscape.

Happened to me except from the netscape bit, (go to chrome) on vista, perfectly fine on 7 tho.

awelsh
15-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Happened to me except from the netscape bit, (go to chrome) on vista, perfectly fine on 7 tho.

Ill give chrome a bash now then :) im still a XP user :P will get 7 though when its released :) hate vista completely, never got along with it :P

The Professor
15-08-2009, 06:23 PM

If he was using the 3.5 beta I could understand your point. However, as Gomme said, when a piece of software comes out of beta and becomes a stable release, the developers are effectively declaring they've gotten rid of all the bugs they've found and it's safe enough for the masses to use. At that point it's perfectly sensible to start using that piece of software, especially considering it comes with significant performance and security upgrades.

So no, it wasn't his fault for updating to the latest stable version, its just bad luck that the program picked that moment to crash (which every program and it's dog does).

Chippiewill
15-08-2009, 07:00 PM
If he was using the 3.5 beta I could understand your point. However, as Gomme said, when a piece of software comes out of beta and becomes a stable release, the developers are effectively declaring they've gotten rid of all the bugs they've found and it's safe enoughfor the masses to use. At that point it's perfectly sensible to start using that piece of software, especially considering it comes with significant performance and security upgrades.

Think about what you are saying, and yes it will be unstable. The point at which it is stable and ready for everyone is when it is a forces update. And it is not sensible, especially considering the two updates in quick succession already released.

StefanWolves
16-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Chrome ftw, simply unbeatable IMO.

The Professor
16-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Think about what you are saying, and yes it will be unstable. The point at which it is stable and ready for everyone is when it is a forces update. And it is not sensible, especially considering the two updates in quick succession already released.

Updates are released all the time, you're saying you should never use a piece of software because there will always be an update along soon to fix whatever bug they've uncovered since the last update. At some point you have to decide you're going to use the software and that was a perfectly sensible point to make the decision.

Awfy
16-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Since Firefox 3.5 came out Firebug hasn't worked how it used to. So I've not completely moved to Safari 4 and I must say it's so much faster. You don't have to wait for the page to finish loading before you can type, which is so annoying if you want to quickly update a setting or reply to a message.

Chippiewill
17-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Updates are released all the time, you're saying you should never use a piece of software because there will always be an update along soon to fix whatever bug they've uncovered since the last update. At some point you have to decide you're going to use the software and that was a perfectly sensible point to make the decision.

No the whole point is you sit back for 3 months and let the other 98% of people debug and then upgrade to 3.5. And loads of patches is scary because it means that there are so many flaws that they must be continually patching security flaws.

Jordy
17-08-2009, 11:12 AM
No the whole point is you sit back for 3 months and let the other 98% of people debug and then upgrade to 3.5. And loads of patches is scary because it means that there are so many flaws that they must be continually patching security flaws.This shoddy software should never of been released, it should still be in beta. Generally speaking, software isn't released if it's that bad that it crashes on startup frequently etc. Firefox have also never done this before so you trust that the full release has ironed out all these large problems.

Clearly that isn't the case and it's not like they rushed it out either, it was delayed a lot. It's such a shame all the other browsers aren't good enough for me :P

Chippiewill
17-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Fine, if you need convincing that you shouldn't upgrade when something comes out then listen to the Security Now podcast episode 200-208.

The only exceptions are patches

E.g. 3.0.* or 3.5.* NOT 3.*

GordonBanks
17-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Firefox 3.5 is great for me, maybe it just doesn't like any of you, probably valid reasons too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!