PDA

View Full Version : Alt-code user names, worth a ban?

dekkytsh
14-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Okay so, I have a load of alt-coded Habbo names and one of them has been banned for being "unacceptable". Why is this? I made them 100% legally, it isn't my fault Habbo screwed up the character's that were allowed in the name four years ago. That's like banning people with underscores, you can't make them now but you used to be able to.

http://www.dekkytsh.co.uk/habbo/

You can check out the names I have on there, if you want one throw me a PM and ill sort you out!

But do you think that my names, or anyone else's should be banned? How is this breaking the "Habbo Way"?

Edited by Laurensh1 (Forum Moderator): It's forbidden to sell/give away Habbo names to others. Please do not try to sell/give them away here :)

Black_Apalachi
15-08-2009, 02:55 PM
It's because of things like Habbo Home URLs and stuff innit. And I imagine they're just irritating for moderators and anyone generally as they're difficult to type, or even impossible when outside Habbo using a different font.

Btw your link doesn't seem to work and are you suggesting you might sell them to people or just give them away? I doubt people will be interested in the former given that you just stated the high risk of a ban :P.

dekkytsh
15-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I was intending to give them away but I just got told its not allowed on here, so oh well. And I guess you are right, but whats so hard about copying the name from their homepage? I doubt they copy people with names like !12!:.PlaYeARer:.!13! and stuff like that, surely...

Black_Apalachi
18-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Your Habbo has lots of different URLs associated with it like its Habbo Home and URLs generated from Habbo Imagers for instance. None of these will work with an alt-code name.

I imagine such names would also allow people to get away with breaking rules more often as other users may not be able to type their name into a CFH to report them.

Frisky
18-08-2009, 01:01 PM
The main reason why your not allowed alt code names is because you can't buy credits with them (apparently)

AgnesIO
18-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Why the hell are Underscores banned? :S

LostUNDERSCOREWitness :S

Frisky
19-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Why the hell are Underscores banned? :S

LostUNDERSCOREWitness :S

They're not banned, you just can't create a new account with them (I assume that's what you meant :P)

I think this also goes for the same reason, when buying credits on the phone there is no underscore.

Kyle
19-08-2009, 01:29 PM
_ <> and + were removed december 02 because of issues with sms

Accipiter
19-08-2009, 01:34 PM
are you allowed LOL, put images in your name pow pow.

Amzoe
19-08-2009, 01:37 PM
They shouldn't be banned tbh, it's like in Runescape in like 2003 you could do 1, 2 & 3 letter names, you can't now, and they're not all banned.

It's like discontinued names lol, but yeah.. that's gay.

Kardan
19-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Am I right in saying that if your username is something like AöIöDöEöN, it will get rid of the ö's and will appear as AIDEN

If that's right, then yes, they should be banned, since you can impersonate others, avoid the filter, etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!