PDA

View Full Version : [Early WIP] Some form of... layout which involves a user system? lol

Sam
14-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Howdy Y'all,

I got bored whilst watching Ghost Whisperer and decided to create a layout. This is completely all from the depths of my brain, no inspiration from other sites (which is why it's rubbish) so sorry if it looks anything like another layout you've seen before i guess...

Anyhow, i know this is a very early work in progress, but i've gotten to the usual point where i'm stumped on what to add. Everything i try just makes it look like a typical boring layout. I'm looking for some not so commonly used ideas to spice it up a little. That's where you, the HabboxForum community come in :D

I just need to know what i should fill the rest of the space with. I guess i'm struggling because i wanted to design a layout for a form of online discussion thing where people can comment and debate on world events, videos, games, anything. A sort of forum i suppose.. Just without the... forum. So obviously, seeing as this is something i've just made up as i go along, i have no idea what i should use the space for. Like what content should it hold?

Anyway, ideas and comments appreciated. I'll update this thread as i go along with new screenshots and stuff as it progresses. As always, i'll release this layout free when it's done for anyone else to code and use =]

Could you please also comment on the color scheme and such. Could you please also view the layout in full before commenting on how awful something looks. Also i'm looking for constructive criticism. Not just 'its crap'. Thanks.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1449/newzis.png

BoyBetterKnow
15-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Howdy Y'all,

I got bored whilst watching Ghost Whisperer and decided to create a layout. This is completely all from the depths of my brain, no inspiration from other sites (which is why it's rubbish) so sorry if it looks anything like another layout you've seen before i guess...

Anyhow, i know this is a very early work in progress, but i've gotten to the usual point where i'm stumped on what to add. Everything i try just makes it look like a typical boring layout. I'm looking for some not so commonly used ideas to spice it up a little. That's where you, the HabboxForum community come in :D

I just need to know what i should fill the rest of the space with. I guess i'm struggling because i wanted to design a layout for a form of online discussion thing where people can comment and debate on world events, videos, games, anything. A sort of forum i suppose.. Just without the... forum. So obviously, seeing as this is something i've just made up as i go along, i have no idea what i should use the space for. Like what content should it hold?

Anyway, ideas and comments appreciated. I'll update this thread as i go along with new screenshots and stuff as it progresses. As always, i'll release this layout free when it's done for anyone else to code and use =]

Could you please also comment on the color scheme and such. Could you please also view the layout in full before commenting on how awful something looks. Also i'm looking for constructive criticism. Not just 'its crap'. Thanks.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1449/newzis.png

Add a logo in the top left, make the search box longer. Put a box to the right which is same length as content that could have latest users or something.

Sam
15-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Well yeah i'm going to add a logo obviously but i always do the banner last because it's the thing that takes me the longest to get right :P As for the latest users thing, i don't want it to be too user focused. Like if it were a real website, the user system wouldn't be like a massive thing. Just like an identity for your opinions, and maybe just a basic friends scheme.

Don't get me wrong i like the sound of having a latest users thing, but if i did to decide to have that somewhere, it would only be on a small part of the layout.

Thanks for your input. +Rep if i can =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!