PDA

View Full Version : Paramore on Habbo UK?

mmhmm.
15-08-2009, 03:43 AM
I don't play Habbo anymore (so sorry if this is old news), but I still get email updates for whatever reason. Apparently Paramore has one of those newfangled fan pages that didn't exist on Habbo when I was there, and they may even be visiting Habbo...

Who else is as upset about this as I am? :@ Paramore doesn't NEED this type of platform, what the hell.

Laurensh1
15-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Normally, if you are signed up for emails, they keep being sent until you uncheck the box 'send me emails from the Hotel Manager, etc'... So, you have to disable them even if you don't play anymore ;)

Anyways, ontopic.
Obviously the management agree'd they would be visiting Habbo. Altough I must say that the target group should be higher? Maybe their expanding because of more attention because of the Twilight movies? Sorry, I'm no genius in their marketing strategy :p

samsaBEAR
15-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't play Habbo anymore (so sorry if this is old news), but I still get email updates for whatever reason. Apparently Paramore has one of those newfangled fan pages that didn't exist on Habbo when I was there, and they may even be visiting Habbo...

Who else is as upset about this as I am? :@ Paramore doesn't NEED this type of platform, what the hell.
Why are you upset? The fact that Paramore are going to get more fans? I was upset when they blew up before RIOT! came out

Xoim
15-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Habbo Never Said Paramore would be visiting.

Paramore visiting Habbo?
There are no plans yet, but we are going to do our best to make it happen for you. In the meantime, show Paramore how much you love them by becoming a fan of this Group and signing their Guestbook with why they should come visit you. Also, check out their videos below and enter our truly amazing competition.

hmv
15-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Woo for Paramore. I love them.

OmgitsAmanda
15-08-2009, 05:04 PM
paramore are coming to habbo? :S never thought i'd see the day, they've come so far since the days of AWKIF. i remember being really annoyed when they blew up with the release of riot!, but you can't be angry just because they got more fans. if they do come to habbo, i don't think i'll go, i wouldn't be able to stand all they fangirls/boys screaming about how much they love misery business and decode. aha.

samsaBEAR
15-08-2009, 05:38 PM
paramore are coming to habbo? :S never thought i'd see the day, they've come so far since the days of AWKIF. i remember being really annoyed when they blew up with the release of riot!, but you can't be angry just because they got more fans. if they do come to habbo, i don't think i'll go, i wouldn't be able to stand all they fangirls/boys screaming about how much they love misery business and decode. aha.
Tbh I wasn't angry because they got more fans, I got angry because the fanbase then turned into stupid fangirls, which apparently affected their music because it went downhill from AWKIF

OmgitsAmanda
15-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Tbh I wasn't angry because they got more fans, I got angry because the fanbase then turned into stupid fangirls, which apparently affected their music because it went downhill from AWKIF

the angry thing wasn't directed at you or anything, just incase you where wondering. and i know, the quality of riot! compared to AWKIF is just... i don't even know, i just felt they sold out because listening to AWKIF you'd never guess the follow up album would sound anything remotely like riot! and in regards to fangirls i totally agree, and let's be honest if anything it's got worse due to twilight, and now this habbo thing... as if we needed more teenies, i also think the fanbase has turnt really vicious recently - ever been to the livejournal community or parasecrets community?

samsaBEAR
15-08-2009, 07:57 PM
the angry thing wasn't directed at you or anything, just incase you where wondering. and i know, the quality of riot! compared to AWKIF is just... i don't even know, i just felt they sold out because listening to AWKIF you'd never guess the follow up album would sound anything remotely like riot! and in regards to fangirls i totally agree, and let's be honest if anything it's got worse due to twilight, and now this habbo thing... as if we needed more teenies, i also think the fanbase has turnt really vicious recently - ever been to the livejournal community or parasecrets community?
aha i know it wasn't directed at me, i just wanted to give my input lol ;D i can't say i've ever been to the LJ communites, but i totally agree about them selling out. AWKIF is personally one of my favourite debut albums ever, but everything after that is crap. there's definintely a correlation between number of fans and quality of music, it's just a shame it's a negative correlation

mmhmm.
16-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Normally, if you are signed up for emails, they keep being sent until you uncheck the box 'send me emails from the Hotel Manager, etc'... So, you have to disable them even if you don't play anymore

Yeah, Laurensh1, I know I can unsubscribe, I just haven't. I do glance over them quickly depending on the subject heading, so they're not completely unwelcome. But thanks!

Habbo Never Said Paramore would be visiting.
Did you not notice the may in the OP?

Why are you upset? The fact that Paramore are going to get more fans? I was upset when they blew up before RIOT! came out

That's what upsets me... the fan base comment. But Riot! wasn't all that bad imo. I just hope Brand New Eyes is an improvement!

I guess it doesn't really affect my listening experience... it just pissed me off when I saw it in my inbox

Jam
16-08-2009, 12:53 AM
That's what upsets me... the fan base comment. But Riot! wasn't all that bad imo. I just hope Brand New Eyes is an improvement!

I doubt it will, AWKIF sounds completely different to Riot! and I'm guessing BNE will sound different to both of them. All the singles on Riot get on my nerves now, I only enjoy listening to them when they're live versions.

samsaBEAR
16-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, Laurensh1, I know I can unsubscribe, I just haven't. I do glance over them quickly depending on the subject heading, so they're not completely unwelcome. But thanks!

Did you not notice the may in the OP?

I guess it doesn't really affect my listening experience... it just pissed me off when I saw it in my inbox
RIOT! was terrible. It was a classic example of a band believing their own hype and producing a shockingly bad record. I don't have high hopes for the new album, but I'll certainly give it a try

Lost
16-08-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Paramore, it seems like a waste of time for such a rubbish prize, if you ask me.

mmhmm.
16-08-2009, 05:04 AM
RIOT! was terrible. It was a classic example of a band believing their own hype and producing a shockingly bad record. I don't have high hopes for the new album, but I'll certainly give it a try
your opinions, of course.

i didn't like misery business too much esp. after the overplay everywhere... but I liked tracks like let the flames begin, hallelujah, fences, and crushcrushcrush.

one comment i heard somewhere said that if hayley wasn't lead singer, the band would sound like any other pop-punk band out there... it's true really. her vocals carry the band... the band isn't particularly lyrical or musically innovative. i dunno, maybe that's why they're targeting a younger audience... my opinions, of course.

why do i like them so much again? i can't put my finger on why now.

samsaBEAR
16-08-2009, 12:27 PM
the worst thing about paramore is that sure, they may have paved the way for female fronted bands, but unforunately bands like VersaEmerge and Hey Monday all try and replicate Hayley's voice

OmgitsAmanda
16-08-2009, 06:51 PM
the worst thing about paramore is that sure, they may have paved the way for female fronted bands, but unforunately bands like VersaEmerge and Hey Monday all try and replicate Hayley's voice

i don't think versaemerge sound like paramore or are trying to be like them but that's just my opinion. hey monday are a different story though, that cassadee pope is already talking about them doing arena tours :| i can see that happening though, because the teenies are already fawning over them. imo they're riding off paramore's coat tails. maybe i'm being bias though because i have a strong dislike for hey monday

samsaBEAR
16-08-2009, 10:24 PM
i was reading in kerrang about how casadee goes out with fake disguises on and stuff to avoid fans. let's be honest, can you even imagine what she looks like off the top of your head? all i can remember is really badly dyed hair.
versaemerge definintely have their paramore moments, i saw them at GIAN this year and she sounded almost exactly like hayley. maybe it's their live sound that's so similar

OmgitsAmanda
16-08-2009, 10:45 PM
i was reading in kerrang about how casadee goes out with fake disguises on and stuff to avoid fans. let's be honest, can you even imagine what she looks like off the top of your head? all i can remember is really badly dyed hair.
versaemerge definintely have their paramore moments, i saw them at GIAN this year and she sounded almost exactly like hayley. maybe it's their live sound that's so similar
hey monday isn't even that much of a popular band, i mean how many do you know know who they are? and i saw somewhere cassadee was on the cheerleading squad and said something like "everyone hated me because i was different~*" she tries to make her life sound so difficult. going out out disguises to avoid fans is rediculous, she's not famous, she needs to get off her high horse. the only reason hey monday is where they are now is because they're up pete wentz's arse, and he doesn't exactly have a brillant reputation for signing great bands - look up millionaires, he signed them to decaydance recently, im not even sure if you can call what they produce music.

samsaBEAR
16-08-2009, 11:30 PM
hey monday isn't even that much of a popular band, i mean how many do you know know who they are? and i saw somewhere cassadee was on the cheerleading squad and said something like "everyone hated me because i was different~*" she tries to make her life sound so difficult. going out out disguises to avoid fans is rediculous, she's not famous, she needs to get off her high horse. the only reason hey monday is where they are now is because they're up pete wentz's arse, and he doesn't exactly have a brillant reputation for signing great bands - look up millionaires, he signed them to decaydance recently, im not even sure if you can call what they produce music.
Pete Wentz didn't sign Millionaries, their EP was just put out by Decaydence because they have the same management, plus Millionaries are friends of Gabe from Cobra Starship. http://petewentz.com/post/145409724/like-they-said-dont-believe-the-hype explains it all.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!