PDA

View Full Version : Knivesorlives.com - Looking for designers..

Fehm
15-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey..

Well, A few friends, well around 70 of us have been petitioning just lately for stricter authority for police in respect to knife crime and teenagers in our area and we decided that its a big problem nationally for england/the UK so a website may help to expand our campaign. [I know I sound a bit stupid with all this but I do know what i'm on about Lol, I hope]

Im developing the PHP and MySQL side of things with alot of help from a few others, but none of us can design and that's where i'd like some help.

Now its a pretty good cause and therefore if anyone could help us out by offering their services cheaper or even for free, you'd be benefitting an extremely well looked after campaign....

Please help?! We can sort out some sort of, in association with [Your website].

S'up to you guys..

Thanks any help, feedback whatever.. lol :P

efq
15-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I think its a good idea plus you have a nice domain name that says the point.

A VERY professional layout would be needed in my view, probably some flash aswell.

Fehm
15-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I think its a good idea plus you have a nice domain name that says the point.
Thank you.

A VERY professional layout would be needed in my view, probably some flash aswell.
Exactly.. And I fail at designing tbh, Never worked with flash which is why I need help :(

Hopefully someone will come along, if not i'll just take to some sort of professional design company!

BoyBetterKnow
15-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Knives are for girls. Put that at the top of it please :)

Fehm
15-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Knives are for girls. Put that at the top of it please :)

lol. We'll try to keep sex discrimination our of this ta :P

Nli.
15-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey..

Well, A few friends, well around 70 of us have been petitioning just lately for stricter authority for police in respect to knife crime and teenagers in our area and we decided that its a big problem nationally for england/the UK so a website may help to expand our campaign. [I know I sound a bit stupid with all this but I do know what i'm on about Lol, I hope]

Im developing the PHP and MySQL side of things with alot of help from a few others, but none of us can design and that's where i'd like some help.

Now its a pretty good cause and therefore if anyone could help us out by offering their services cheaper or even for free, you'd be benefitting an extremely well looked after campaign....

Please help?! We can sort out some sort of, in association with [Your website].

S'up to you guys..

Thanks any help, feedback whatever.. lol :P
I'm not a designer or anything just going to share my thoughts.
If you look at some of the Government run or Charity websites for these type of campaigns, theyre basically or similar in some sort way. (It's kind of hard to explain without any examples) but maybe you should use those sites for ideas or something.

Fehm
15-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Ayee, Thanks for your thoughts :)

Excellent2
15-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I would love to design a layout, but I don't think I'd be a feasible option for you, as I charge.

Eddie.
15-08-2009, 07:01 PM
great :), i can't do good layouts on request.. well, i dont think i can at all.. sorry ;>

Fehm
15-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I would love to design a layout, but I don't think I'd be a feasible option for you, as I charge.

Lol Lucas :P Yh, Im out of cash tbh :P So.... Yh lol

Someone must be able to help lol

Fehm
15-08-2009, 08:42 PM
No-One is willing to help such an amazingly important, and good cause? :(

Blob
15-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I would help with the coding part...

Fehm
15-08-2009, 09:53 PM
That'll be great thanks :P :) Just a design, I may give it a go myself but im crap (N)

Tim.
15-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey,

If I can help in anyway get in touch. I think this is a really good cause, but stick to it, because I know it'll involve a lot of work.

Hope you get somewhere with it!

Nli.
15-08-2009, 10:00 PM
No-One is willing to help such an amazingly important, and good cause? :(
I'd be willing to help but I was waiting for you to post something else about it. :)

Fehm
15-08-2009, 10:14 PM
lol what do you want to know? And thanks Tim :P

Nli.
15-08-2009, 10:16 PM
lol what do you want to know? And thanks Tim :P
I meant the same as Tim, but I was waiting till you posted more about what help is needed :)

Fehm
15-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh well.. At the moment we just have the domain for the online stuff.
We've been doing a few campaigns in our area.. but thats about it,
So I guess its design and coding of the layout tbh...
I feel like such a gimp asking for it though because I dabble in this business alot and I know people want money :p

Nli.
15-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh well.. At the moment we just have the domain for the online stuff.
We've been doing a few campaigns in our area.. but thats about it,
So I guess its design and coding of the layout tbh...
I feel like such a gimp asking for it though because I dabble in this business alot and I know people want money :p
I would have thought someone would have been nice and offered to do one for free as it's for a good cause.

Fehm
15-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Hmmm same lol, but I still feel a bit trampy :/ Ill try and pull some cash together tbh, Got a few domains to sell

Nli.
15-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Hmmm same lol, but I still feel a bit trampy :/ Ill try and pull some cash together tbh, Got a few domains to sell
I was going to suggest a free one but if your going for the real professional look I doubt it's the right way to go. If I were any good as designing i'd be happy to make you one for free, but I'm not so that wouldn't be a very good idea. But I hope you find someone to make you one. :)

Fehm
15-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I was going to suggest a free one but if your going for the real professional look I doubt it's the wrong way to go. If I were any good as designing i'd be happy to make you one for free, but I'm not so that wouldn't be a very good idea. But I hope you find someone to make you one. :)

Nah, I dont want to take that route at all to be honest!

If anyone will help just say, Pm me. anything =]

Fehm
16-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Would anyone like to help us out?!? :P :(

BigAlan
18-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I would love to help, but i cant design :P

Colin-Roberts
18-08-2009, 03:00 PM
if you have 70 people, cant each of you throw in a $ or even 0.5 , that would buy a design

Fehm
18-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Hadn't thought of that. It'd be feasable I suppose

Blob
18-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Why not buy dontknive.me

Fehm
18-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Lol :P Thats not nice xD

BoyBetterKnow
18-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Why not buy dontknive.me

Lmao thats a well good idea.

Brixsta
18-08-2009, 10:36 PM
What sort of website are you looking for? 2 or 3 columned?

Fehm
18-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Im unsure at the moment :p
Looking for inspiration really.
Thank you for your support

Nli.
24-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Is this still going ahead or not? :)

DuxRawr
24-08-2009, 06:27 PM
im willing to lend a hand in the designing department (: but i need to know how to get a name change too (: lol

irChaos
26-08-2009, 06:48 PM
i would make a test layout for you as i think its a great website idea :) you may have seen some of my habbo layouts maybe not but i only post habbo on here but i will if you want as i said make you a quick layout for the website and if you like it i will certianly give it to you for free

Fehm
26-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Wow. Forgot about this thread, Yh guys if your up for doing some test designs, then go for it =D!
Ty x

irChaos
26-08-2009, 06:57 PM
you forgot about this thread tut tut tut right ill get onto it right now but fist gonna finish off the layout im doing atm

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!